Dockside or Surfside and why

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide on which to pick. We want to hop the I-Trolley and do some shopping so it's going to be one or the other. Thoughts??

Dockside is bigger and seems to have more staff and better busses to support more people.
I can only think of a handful of times where I had to wait for a bus - the buses to surfside did not seem to be as frequent.
I believe there are more food\drink options at Dockside.

Dockside is typically less expensive.

There are negatives to the size - If you are at the end of one of the wings its a very long walk back to the lobby.

They get more of the large tour groups, cheerleaders dancers etc... This was not an issue, but just so you are aware.

I was considering Surfside for my next trip - but I have read enough negative reviews to stick with Dockside and save $10-$20 a night.

I've found Dockside & Surfside to have the same pricing by room type/date every time I've looked. Might be Surfside is running out of the standard room category more quickly so then you see a more expensive price vs Dockside?

I didn't notice any frequency issues with Surfside buses, never waited much at all for one to show up. However the Surfside stop is off way at the end of the bus lineup while Dockside is right near the escalator. That was needlessly irritating, especially when you're tired and walking past several empty (not in use at all) bus bays.

Comes down to if you want the larger resort, with the larger pool / larger food court / more people / possibly longer walks or if you prefer the smaller resort. Or if one is closer to where the trolley picks up.

Might be Surfside is running out of the standard room category more quickly so then you see a more expensive price vs Dockside
Yeah that seems to be the case - I've always seen Surfside to be more expensive but never dug into it.

For my HHN dates its already $30 more a night - because they don't have any basic rooms left at a discounted rate those start at $40 more a night and the 2 - Bedroom Suite is only $30 more a night.

Curious as to how those who have stayed at both would compare the room quality, especially as to the noise factor, with CB.

Some of the larger rooms in those two look well laid-out for the square footage and the private BR looks like a nice option to be able to hide from family to regroup ;)

Have been tempted when having many of my family along for “bonus” quickie HHN weekends in the past when not doing any day-park time. Did find a deal @ CB suites and booked last year. Cute themed rooms, just way too tight when somebody on the pull out couch IMO.

Curious as to how those who have stayed at both would compare the room quality, especially as to the noise factor, with CB.

Some of the larger rooms in those two look well laid-out for the square footage and the private BR looks like a nice option to be able to hide from family to regroup ;)

Have been tempted when having many of my family along for “bonus” quickie HHN weekends in the past when not doing any day-park time. Did find a deal @ CB suites and booked last year. Cute themed rooms, just way too tight when somebody on the pull out couch IMO.
The two bedroom suites at dockside are very spacious. I stayed in one recently with my daughter and her friends and we all loved it. I requested and received a top floor room. Didn’t have any issues with noise at all. For an upcoming trip, we are going to try Surfside due to its smaller footprint as dockside did feel very crowded at times. I don’t like cb at all. The two bedrooms at endless summer are much more spacious than the family suites at cb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter