Docking in San Diego

Shannan kelly

Earning My Ears
Morning
Does anyone know what time the wonder actually will be docking in San Diego ? I want to watch it come into the harbor. On line said 8:30 but that seems kinda late compared to Poet Canavaril. Anyone else crazy and wake up early to see her sail into the bay

Last October I tracked her coming into San Diego online. I want to say she was coming into the bay around 6 or 6:30ish. I was actually tracking my parents' ship coming into port for the day and the Wonder happened to be coming in at the same time.

Although I would check to see where she is coming from. That could make a difference the day I tracked her she was coming from Ensenada, which is close to San Diego.

Is the time you looked up the All-ashore time or a time provided by the port authority ? If it's the time posted on the cruise itinerary, it doesn't mean anything. They usually dock way earlier. If it is a turn-around day, like it is in PC, they have so much to do that they'll get in ASAP, and often 2-3 hours before the time posted.

Several years ago we left out of San Diego. I got up early, per usual, (years of kids has altered my schedule) and watched the Wonder pull in to the bay and dock. That was roughly 5:30 am. A couple years later we did EBPC out of San Diego and when I got up at 6:00 it was already docked across from our hotel.
So plan to be there early.

There a couple of websites that can help. You will have to filter to the port, calendar date and ship in some circumstances. The information on a few are from submitted schedules and actual times and itinerary may change.

Try these-
Cruise TT is not very exact - http://m.cruisett.com/s/Disney_Cruise_Line/Disney_Wonder/September_2018/

Marine traffic can give more accurate information if you search and click on the actual ship. It will give speed and ETA while underway. (Sorry can’t provide a good link to the ship from the iPad). Marineraffic.com.

We sailed out of SD last October and stayed in a hotel across the street from the terminal. The time stamps on the pictures I took show the Wonder coming into view at 6:29am.

Since we live in San Diego I watch the Wonder come and go often. She arrives anywhere from 5:30 am to 6:30 am.
Here is a link to some web cams of the San Diego Bay - http://www.sundiegolive.com/
You can watch her come and go from the San Diego Bay.
Click on Harbor Island (East) to see the dock areas.
Click on Cabrillo National Monument to see the areas around the mouth of the bay.
On sunny days when she leaves port you can get great sunset views of the Wonder passing the statue of Cabrillo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter