Do you write emails to Disney sharing your thoughts?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi
I have been posting notes here for different topics, some positives (ie cast members going far and beyond on service), some not so much (ie the 50th disappointment and new shows)…

so I decided to write a decent heartfelt email to Disney… and while the cast member that replied obviously didn’t have the capacity to change anything… the reply sounded honest and I felt listened to..

Now I am wondering if the Disney fans that write here and in another forums also write directly to Disney and provide your feedback..

what would happen if they receive those comments directly? Could we influence a change?

I wrote to Disney for the first time about G+ and lack of re-rides. That was I think 10-14 days ago. I was courteous, professional, and stuck to the facts. I expressed how we travel to FL and CA at least 4 times a year and we stay in the bubble. Emphasizing how we didn't mind paying for MaxPass, but how they worded Genie+ as MaxPass with more flexibility was hogwash (I used a more eloquent term in my letter, lol.)

Last night, after I got home from picking DD up from soccer my phone rings with Lake Buena Vista. It was Disney calling to ask me about my email. :faint: She wanted to make sure she understood my discontent so she could pass it up the chain (like I asked them to do in my email.) Will it really be heard?:confused3 But it was thoughtful that the CM was gracious enough to pick up the phone and hear my concerns versus a standard issue email with just my name plugged in. She was an absolute pleasure to talk with, and we chatted for 15 minutes. She took my concerns and said she'd pass it along.

Time will tell. She did say keep writing us so we can improve, and tell them when we have it right.:-)

Years ago, when SDMT was new, at the time we rode the sun was reflected off the windows of the dwarfs’ house and we couldn’t see anything going on inside. I sent an email and was surprised to get a call some days later. As above, the CM asked me some questions about it, and we talked about other things too. It was nice to know they took it seriously. And we haven’t had any problems seeing Snow White dancing with the dwarfs since then! :cutie:

Funny you should ask. Because I seriously felt compelled to write them today and intend to once I have some free time.
I find it ironic to receive an email today regarding the launch of "reimaginetomorrow.disney.com" which is their new movement (or marketing ploy) to ensure inclusion "inclusion is for everyone". The email literally notes "diversity, equity and inclusion". The new park system under the Genie+ and ILL$ system is certainly not inclusive or equitable. It further contributes to a "class" system with the World, WDW that is. At least with FP+ it was a matter of doing your research or not; not a matter of whether or not you could afford. It prices out many families, or puts families in a position of taking on more debt to make the most of their vacation. Previously extra magic hours were for all resort guests staying in the bubble, now all although all resort guests get a measly 30 minutes of extra time, those with the money to stay deluxe get more; again, not inclusive, and not equitable.

Funny you should ask. Because I seriously felt compelled to write them today and intend to once I have some free time.
I find it ironic to receive an email today regarding the launch of "reimaginetomorrow.disney.com" which is their new movement (or marketing ploy) to ensure inclusion "inclusion is for everyone". The email literally notes "diversity, equity and inclusion". The new park system under the Genie+ and ILL$ system is certainly not inclusive or equitable. It further contributes to a "class" system with the World, WDW that is. At least with FP+ it was a matter of doing your research or not; not a matter of whether or not you could afford. It prices out many families, or puts families in a position of taking on more debt to make the most of their vacation. Previously extra magic hours were for all resort guests staying in the bubble, now all although all resort guests get a measly 30 minutes of extra time, those with the money to stay deluxe get more; again, not inclusive, and not equitable.
It is true. Disney would like their guests that stay on-site at Deluxe hotels to be a diverse group, included in all activities and benefits, and treated equitably. Everyone else can go pound sand.

Hi
I have been posting notes here for different topics, some positives (ie cast members going far and beyond on service), some not so much (ie the 50th disappointment and new shows)…

so I decided to write a decent heartfelt email to Disney… and while the cast member that replied obviously didn’t have the capacity to change anything… the reply sounded honest and I felt listened to..

Now I am wondering if the Disney fans that write here and in another forums also write directly to Disney and provide your feedback..

what would happen if they receive those comments directly? Could we influence a change?
I wrote a positive email to Disney after one of my stays this year at DHHIR.
I did not get a response though.

I wrote to Disney for the first time about G+ and lack of re-rides. That was I think 10-14 days ago. I was courteous, professional, and stuck to the facts. I expressed how we travel to FL and CA at least 4 times a year and we stay in the bubble. Emphasizing how we didn't mind paying for MaxPass, but how they worded Genie+ as MaxPass with more flexibility was hogwash (I used a more eloquent term in my letter, lol.)

Last night, after I got home from picking DD up from soccer my phone rings with Lake Buena Vista. It was Disney calling to ask me about my email. :faint: She wanted to make sure she understood my discontent so she could pass it up the chain (like I asked them to do in my email.) Will it really be heard?:confused3 But it was thoughtful that the CM was gracious enough to pick up the phone and hear my concerns versus a standard issue email with just my name plugged in. She was an absolute pleasure to talk with, and we chatted for 15 minutes. She took my concerns and said she'd pass it along.

Time will tell. She did say keep writing us so we can improve, and tell them when we have it right.:-)
Love to hear that!

I use to write emails once we returned home of the positive and negatives. After a while I would only email if there was an issue. Now I've pretty much stopped communicating. My emails were responded either by return email or a phone call - couple of times both methods.

Funny to stumble upon this. I also wrote them today regarding genie+, park reservations and the limited park hopping that has gotten old fast in my opinion. Hopefully I’ll get to chat with someone, but it’s good to know people are emailing with concerns. Maybe we’ll be heard.

I agree wholeheartedly. It’s anything but equitable. As I have stated before, the average family of four has been totally priced out. Not what Walt would have wanted and not good for business. Greed. Chapek is wrong man for creating pixie dust.

I have in the past and usually received a personal response via email. I did receive a phone call once and that was very pleasant. It wasn't even a big issue...more like I noticed something and wanted to let someone know. Recently though, I sent an email that was time sensitive (last resort, as phone and chat were not working) and I didn't get a response until two weeks later. The response basically felt like a 'too bad, so sad,' kind of reply.
I know they, like everyone else, are understaffed right now, but language really does make a difference in customer service.

I've written to them. Both positive and negative. Sometimes I get a canned response and sometimes I get an actual call back.

I recently wrote an email asking Disney if they've thought about charging à la carte for things that used to be included. I advised them they could make way more money by providing less for more. We'll see if they take my advice.

About 20 years ago, I sent Disney a letter after a rather disappointing trip. Interestingly, we got a note slipped under our door about "Come meet the hotel's management team." I went there, and there was about 8 customers standing around, praising all things Disney. When they asked me, I politely whispered that actually I had a complaint, and could I speak to someone on the side.

I think they respected that, and I had a nice conversation with the hotel manager. I said I completely understood that there are different "Companies", and I realize that he can address something in the "Hotel Company", but not really in the "Parks Company" or the "Transportation Company". He resolved one issue we had at the hotel immediately. He gave me his business card.

When I returned home, I sent him a detailed letter (it was 20 years ago) about the issues that we encountered. Each one was not such a big deal, but the combination of things that went wrong started to add up. I made sure to praise the staff, and I also made suggestions for each issue we encountered, and how it could be handled in the future. I took about a week to review the letter each day before I printed and placed it in an envelope to mail.

A few weeks later I received a personalized letter from someone else thanking me for bringing things to their attention. They also included six "one day parkhopper" passes for us to use on a future trip.

We go a lot, and I know that Disney knows that. Still, they have done a few very nice things for us over the years. That included reversing the charge for one of our dinners once, and also giving us a free night at one of the hotels.

If you are going to complain, I do suggest reviewing your complain multiple times. Try to remove all emotion, and if possible, try to offer a solution. Something an old boss of mine used to say, do not come to me with problems, come to me with solutions. Also, it does not hurt to note some of the things that went well, did that one dinner really ruin your entire vacation? I have learned that Disney is very responsive to people, especially when you are nice, praising what went well, and have a sense of humor.

Also got a free meal at Trex after a bad experience there, but that really had nothing to do with Disney.

So, a few issues over the past 20 years, but considering we have been going 5 or 6 times a year for the past 10 years, really not a lot...

Nice! So maybe many others can write directly to them and more improvements could come :)

I have but only once and that was when Fastpass was originally introduced. I wrote because I was alarmed that after years and years of visiting I witnessed a high degrees of frustration and anger in the standby lines. Previous to that there were comments about the length of the lines, joking about it but never anger. It was just the way a theme park was. From the first day it was introduced the mood in the lines went from that to real anger complete with swearing and name calling every time individuals and groups would legally jump lines and force standby to wait even longer. They called me back and listened to what I had to say, in some cases agreed. But the end result was nothing.

Now after seeing Genie "the big blue ripoff" I wish I would have waited because compared to this, the original Fastpass was like a pleasant picnic in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter