Do You Wear Your Mask....

That is reasonable. I do the same.

Which begs the question of whether constantly putting on masks/ taking off masks is actually putting us more at risk, since it makes us touch our faces so much more. A different discussion for a different thread, I guess.

Nah, lets do it here

Ok I have to ask... what he heck do folks do when taking off a mask? Do they rub their eyes, mouth and nose with the dirty outside of the mask?

Maybe I am jaded... as a research scientist I am used to various protective items like gloves, masks, safety goggles etc.... but is it really that hard to simply hook an ear loop with a finger and pull it off?

Take off mask with ear loops and fingers .. avoid touching outside of mask (easy as it is dangling from loops on fingers) .... put mask in trash or in dirty clothes bin (we have a mask bucket) .... wash hands... put on clean mask as needed.

Yes, I know the purpose of the masks, thank you.

Several of the things people do in this thread are just over the top. Perhaps one thing this whole pandemic has done is cure me of being a germaphobe, ironically. I ain’t got nothing on the people in this thread!
well based on what you posted it appeared that you thought the mask was for your own protection "No, I do not put on a mask for the 15-30 seconds it takes to reach over and grab a bag of food. And somehow I am alive to tell about it. "

That is reasonable. I do the same.

Which begs the question of whether constantly putting on masks/ taking off masks is actually putting us more at risk, since it makes us touch our faces so much more. A different discussion for a different thread, I guess.
We have a rule in our family, mask doesn't get touched or come off until hands are sanitized. We don't touch it or mess with it while on. We take it off at the ear loop. I wash them frequently. Easy peasy! And no cross-contamination.

We have a rule in our family, mask doesn't get touched or come off until hands are sanitized. We don't touch it or mess with it while on. We take it off at the ear loop. I wash them frequently. Easy peasy! And no cross-contamination.
That would be you and your family, assuming 4 people. So there are 328,199,996 other people, are we sure that they are all doing just as good of job of not touching the mask? Or do you think there are people out there that are gasping for breathe under it, sweating under it, snot running out of their nose into it and maybe they are constantly touching it?

I do know one thing, I don't sneeze and cough on people. The mask actually gives more of a chance of me sneezing or coughing on you because I don't carry hundreds of masks around with me or a laundry bag full of washable masks for when my allergies kick in. I remove the mask and will sneeze as normal, thus the added step of removing the mask means the sneeze has a good chance of getting out before I can continue on with the sneezing as normal. No way am I going to sneeze into the mask and continue wearing it for any amount of time (like the girl making the sandwich that you all stated you wouldn't eat after she sneezed even though the masks work...)

I stopped with the mask when I realized I needed to change it out 23 times from sneezing and it was only half an hour into my workday and I still had 9.5 hours to go. I simply don't sneeze on people. It's not a difficult thing to do.

But there are people who are constantly adjusting, pulling down, pulling it up, touching the inside of the mask with dirty hands.

I am constantly lowering my mask to drink at work. I drink tons of water and hot tea. I don’t do it from the ear. I just lower it onto my chin and drink then readjust. I also already touch my face a lot and the mask makes it worse for me. Also when I’m at work we have to talk a lot and my mask is constantly moving down my nose so I have to adjust it. We use the disposable medical masks (not N95 although we do have them). I don’t know if my head is big or my face is wide but I’m constantly moving my mask. Lol. But I do wash my hands about 100 times a day.

Last edited:
I am constantly lowering my mask to drink at work. I drink tons of water and hot tea. I don’t do it from the ear. I just lower it onto my chin and drink then readjust. I also already touch my face a lot and the mask makes it worse for me. Also when I’m at work we have to talk a lot and my mask is constantly moving so I have to adjust it. We use the disposable medical masks (not N95 although we do have them). I don’t know if my head is big or my face is wide but I’m constantly moving my mask. Lol. But I do wash my hands about 100 times a day.
Same. I have low heat tolerance, so I'm sweating all day, under the mask. I have allergies and sinus issues, I can't breathe through my nose if it's covered with a mask, so as I gasp under the mask breathing through my mouth, I'm constantly pulling at it while my nose is runny. It is very loud at work, so a. I can't hear anything anyone else is saying being muzzled and when I'm talking (I am a loud talker and everyone does hear me) I am touching the mask pulling it away from in my mouth so I can talk. Gotta love the cleanliness of a sweat, saliva, and snot soaked mask.

23 times by 7:30. That's two $20 boxes of masks per hour, 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for 9 months. I can't afford that.

Wearing a mask is so easy. I also don’t understand the argument about who touches what and touching mask. Hand sanitizer before putting mask on, after you touch whatever they handed you and when taking mask off and Clorox wipes for things that get touched before you can use hand sanitizer (steering wheel if pulling through a drive thru). Easy.

Wearing a mask is so easy. I also don’t understand the argument about who touches what and touching mask. Hand sanitizer before putting mask on, after you touch whatever they handed you and when taking mask off and Clorox wipes for things that get touched before you can use hand sanitizer (steering wheel if pulling through a drive thru). Easy.
Glad it's easy for you and you view it as one size fits all. I can't breathe, it's incredibly hot as my face now sits at all times in my 96° breath, my nose runs, and it makes me cough and sneeze, it's in my mouth the entire time as I gasp and try to gulp air, and if I must talk to someone, I can't talk because of the mask in my mouth and I can't understand a word you are saying. All of that has me touching it constantly. I find the mask thing the most disgusting thing I've been "forced" to do. It makes me feel like throwing up when I see everyone walking around with their filthy masks on, many of them visibly wet.

Glad it's easy for you and you view it as one size fits all. I can't breathe, it's incredibly hot as my face now sits at all times in my 96° breath, my nose runs, and it makes me cough and sneeze, it's in my mouth the entire time as I gasp and try to gulp air, and if I must talk to someone, I can't talk because of the mask in my mouth and I can't understand a word you are saying. All of that has me touching it constantly. I find the mask thing the most disgusting thing I've been "forced" to do. It makes me feel like throwing up when I see everyone walking around with their filthy masks on, many of them visibly wet.

You cannot speak with a mask on? Not even one like a Tom Bihn that hold shape away from mouth? Maybe since you have such difficulty you should stay home. You clearly have several issues (medical and other) that puts you at risk (if you can't breath in a mask- covid could really rock your world) so you should stay home. I have never seen anyone with a wet mask... ever... Where are you going and how close are you to people that you can see their mask is wet? Seriously...

You cannot speak with a mask on? Not even one like a Tom Bihn that hold shape away from mouth? Maybe since you have such difficulty you should stay home. You clearly have several issues (medical and other) that puts you at risk (if you can't breath in a mask- covid could really rock your world) so you should stay home. I have never seen anyone with a wet mask... ever... Where are you going and how close are you to people that you can see their mask is wet? Seriously...
10 hours at work every day

My 10 year old has been wearing a mask all day at school for months. And she wears glasses, which is challenging at times. She has never complained once.

Just sayin.

10 hours at work every day

I am assuming since you keep taking it off at work to speak that you do not work alone. I would then think the kind thoughtful thing to do (since you know you take your mask off frequently at work) would be to stay home as much as possible (do your part to help limit those you work with to an unnecessary exposure) but I remember you just posted about being at a mall and sitting maskless so apparently that's not happening either... I hope those you work with or interact with at work stay safe. I am genuinely worried about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter