Do You Wear Your Mask....

How? I am in my car behind the door sitting in the driver's seat. I look out the driver's door window and I'm looking at bricks. The worker is 4+ feet above me on the other side of outside from me behind a wall behind glass putting my stuff through a hole in said glass. Nothing face to face about it.

I have no idea what you’re referring to. Our drive thrus don’t have holes in glass walls. It’s the same window it’s always been, or it’s a person outside my car (CFA) handing it to me on a tray.

You can now pump your own gas in about half the counties in OR. Some Oregonians were downright hysterical when they first learned they might have to pump their own gas, like it was this incredibly complex and dangerous task.

Im in jersey and I hate pumping my own gas. I’ve been in Philly with my light on and I’ll wait until I’m back in NJ to get gas. Lol. I’ve had to pump my own gas maybe 5 times in my life. It’s really not complex or dangerous. Just crappy when it’s cold.

Ha, after I closed out the computer, I thought, "I have 1 in 50 chance of them coming and saying New Jersey..." Yup, that is it, LOL.

There's another one too, isn't there? Or perhaps a county or city in another state out west that you can't be trusted to put gas in your own car I think.
my town in MA doesn't allow you to pump your own gas

I live in Jersey and my sister lives in Philly and when we get together she always waits to get gas here because a) she hates pumping her own gas, and b) it's usually cheaper over here because we have more gas stations than houses in my area. I live right off a major highway.

If this thread is a true representation of the country, we really have gone off the deep end.

No, I do not put on a mask for the 15-30 seconds it takes to reach over and grab a bag of food. And somehow I am alive to tell about it.
well imagine being a fast food worker at that window encountering people all day long that are not wearing masks...you may only be seeing that person for 15-30 seconds but they see people for 15-30 seconds over and over and over all day. Wear a mask to protect others not yourself. Why at this point do people not understand that yet?

If this thread is a true representation of the country, we really have gone off the deep end.

No, I do not put on a mask for the 15-30 seconds it takes to reach over and grab a bag of food. And somehow I am alive to tell about it.
Good for you. Maybe think about the employees who you come in contact with. How does it hurt you to put a mask on for 30 seconds, especially if it might help protect somebody else?

well imagine being a fast food worker at that window encountering people all day long that are not wearing masks...you may only be seeing that person for 15-30 seconds but they see people for 15-30 seconds over and over and over all day. Wear a mask to protect others not yourself. Why at this point do people not understand that yet?

Yes, I know the purpose of the masks, thank you.

Several of the things people do in this thread are just over the top. Perhaps one thing this whole pandemic has done is cure me of being a germaphobe, ironically. I ain’t got nothing on the people in this thread!

one thing this whole pandemic has done is cure me of being a germaphobe,

I have never been a germaphobe. But one thing thing this pandemic had done is make me realize how much we touch things. I have never had my hands feel so dirty ever. The first thing I do now when I come home - from the store, from work, doesn't matter - is wash may hands.

I have never been a germaphobe. But one thing thing this pandemic had done is make me realize how much we touch things. I have never had my hands feel so dirty ever. The first thing I do now when I come home - from the store, from work, doesn't matter - is wash may hands.

That is reasonable. I do the same.

Which begs the question of whether constantly putting on masks/ taking off masks is actually putting us more at risk, since it makes us touch our faces so much more. A different discussion for a different thread, I guess.

That is reasonable. I do the same.

Which begs the question of whether constantly putting on masks/ taking off masks is actually putting us more at risk, since it makes us touch our faces so much more. A different discussion for a different thread, I guess.

I rarely take my mask off once I leave the house. If I am going shopping which means at least 2 if not 3 different store. I put it on when I leave the house and don't take if off until I get home. If I am work, I will remove it briefly to take a drink, which I try to limit. But it is on the majority of the time.

It’s already been answered, that yes it’s Oregon. But we had similar experiences to @disneychrista abd @Kittyblue. We drove through OR with my parents last summer and my dad could not understand he couldn’t do it himself. It was equal parts frustrating and amusing.
I fully understood in NJ not pumping your own. Problem isn't the knowledge, the problem is the muscle memory. I pulled in, and got out of the car before I knew I got out. It's like me driving an automatic, I know there's no clutch, but I still try to step on it and reach for the shifter because muscle memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter