Do you wear socks with your Uggs? Heres a laugh.

Do you wear socks with Uggs?

• Total voters

emilys88

Earning My Ears
I know it's mixed but Ugg recommends them be worn without and I have not had any problems with mine smelling or getting nasty and I have worn Uggs nearly every day in the winter since I got my first pair in 2005. So Its how I wear mine. Anyways we went on a family trip two weeks ago to a resort in Mexico. Now it has been a while since we went on a trip where we were flying since its hard with the two kids. Well they are old enough now and were on break so we went. It was me, husband and our two daughters(10 and 13). It was a really cold morning so me and the girls wore our Ugg boots which turned out to be a mistake. We checked our bags and got in line for security. We were half way through when I remembered that we had to take our shoes off. So we had to take our Uggs off and walk across the nasty floor barefoot. I wiped our feet off with a small towel I had in my bag and thought we were fine after. Our feet were comfy on the plane but I forgot one more thing... Mexico Is a hot place. It was 90 outside and with going through customs, getting our luggage, finding the shuttle and how crowded it was we, couldn't change. The shuttle driver throw our bags in the back and rushed us to go. The shuttle ride was two hours with barely working AC. We couldn't change out of our Uggs until we got to our room. Then we were there for a week and bought some shirts and stuff. Well our bags were already packed tight to save space and with the extra stuff we couldn't fit our tall Uggs in.... so we had no choice but to wear our Uggs on the way back... Well my feet were happy when I had them on back home where it was below frezzing.

I wear socks with everything. I hate the feeling of my bare foot in a shoe. And I don’t wear sandals or flip flops. ( I love being bare foot so it’s not a foot issue.)

I wear socks with pretty much all of my shoes, but not my Uggs. (Jennasis -- uggs have sheepskin lining, like slippers.)

Well I don't have Uggs but I have a pair of BearPaw boots, which are kind of like Uggs but less expensive. I wear socks. Yeah, maybe my feet wouldn't sweat in them without but I just don't like the feeling of wearing any type of non-sandal shoe without socks. Besides, it's winter and I can always use the extra layer of warmth.

I also won't wear slippers without socks.

Did you also pack winter clothing? On every flight there is someone wearing shorts back to the cold from the tropics, I figure they just are seeking attention. I figure you were doing the same by wearing boots to a tropical climate. It’s not that hard to figure out how to dress for ones destination. If the story is even true.

i was told many years ago by a sales person when UGGS first come out they were actually made for surfers in Australia. Hence the whole barefoot thing. And that they are actually not meant for wet, snowy weather. She had many damage claims but these are not really winter boots. Now this was almost 20 yrs ago. I know many low wear them for winter. So I would think they changed the shoes to last in snow.

Did you also pack winter clothing? On every flight there is someone wearing shorts back to the cold from the tropics, I figure they just are seeking attention. I figure you were doing the same by wearing boots to a tropical climate. It’s not that hard to figure out how to dress for ones destination. If the story is even true.

Why would anyone make up this story? It's not sensational, not controversial, not climactic. BTW, I recently went to visit my mom in Florida. 20'F up here in New England when I left. Wore my easy slip-on boots, long pants, long sleeved shirt and sweater. Arrived in Tampa in the same clothing. Was I supposed to change my clothing someplace, or be in the car in summer clothing? What if the car broke down or somesuch and I'm sitting there in shorts and a t-shirt?

i was told many years ago by a sales person when UGGS first come out they were actually made for surfers in Australia. Hence the whole barefoot thing. And that they are actually not meant for wet, snowy weather. She had many damage claims but these are not really winter boots. Now this was almost 20 yrs ago. I know many low wear them for winter. So I would think they changed the shoes to last in snow.
Here in our climate of endless winter, you do see a lot of Uggs, but I've never known anyone to wear them without socks. They are not particularly water-proof and tromping through ankle-deep snow and slush, they do get damp or wet inside. Also, it's a very Canadian thing to remove outdoor shoes upon entering the house which would mean ending up in bare feet every time you wore Uggs when visiting. In the dead of winter, that's just weird. :upsidedow

Last edited:
I sometimes wear them with socks, but only if I’m changing into to them and am too lazy to take my socks off. I have worn them in warmer weather with shorts, without socks, and felt comfortable and even cozy.

I’m on my fifth pair of Uggs, and wore them last night to the movies. Without socks.

I don't understand the concept of going barefoot in shoes (sandals and flip flops being the lone exception). If I could get away with wearing socks in pumps I would do it.
I’m the exact opposite. I buy shoe styles that don’t require socks or feel comfortable without them, and generally only start putting socks on when the temperature drops and the boots come out. I even wear sneakers without socks sometimes.

I don't own Uggs, but I do wear Bear Paws. I have to wear socks with them. If I don't they rub on the back of my ankles and it hurts.

You can't be serious. We flew home from Florida Friday. If it had been 80 degrees again I would have worn shorts back to Michigan because all I'd have to do is walk through the bridgeway to the parking garage and get into the car. Instead it was rainy and 70 degrees so I wore jeans. Attention seeking? That's ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter