Do you wear an Apple watch in the parks?

I’m thinking about getting one with gps and cellular... Does anyone leave their phone home and simply rely on the watch?

Yes I have a cellular model and often leave my iPhone behind for several hours per day. It might come in handy soon if the rumors of Disney supporting smart devices as a alternative to MBs.

Dave

I wear my Apple Watch in the parks, but not in the pools (I know you’re supposed to be able to swim with it, but I’d rather not). I love being able to get notifications without taking my phone out of my bag/pocket.

I’m thinking about getting one with gps and cellular... Does anyone leave their phone home and simply rely on the watch?

Does it have DME on it I don't believe so? Boarding Groups and Mobile Order would make it so I would want my phone.

I suppose the 3rd party wait time app and Touring Plans app is also another reason I am happy with having my phone.

Day to Day could get by with just a watch though at times just not at Disney with how we do it.

I wear mine from when I roll out of bed, to when I put my head on my pillow at night, without fail. That's at Disney and everywhere else! At Disney, I wear my MagicBand puck on my watch band in a puck holder.

I wear my Apple Watch in the parks, but not in the pools (I know you’re supposed to be able to swim with it, but I’d rather not). I love being able to get notifications without taking my phone out of my bag/pocket.

Of course you should do whatever you feel comfortable with, but I swim/snorkel, shower, whatever I am doing with mine. Never an issue!

Does it have DME on it I don't believe so? Boarding Groups and Mobile Order would make it so I would want my phone.

I suppose the 3rd party wait time app and Touring Plans app is also another reason I am happy with having my phone.

Day to Day could get by with just a watch though at times just not at Disney with how we do it.

Correct. As much as I love my watch, I can't imagine doing the parks without my phone.

Yep! I had my magic band puck in a holder during our last trip and it worked perfectly. Using the same puck and holder for our next trip (we leave tomorrow). It’s nice to have the watch tracking steps and easier to check notifications. Definitely still take my iPhone though for mobile ordering and other things.

ABSOLUTELY. Can't live without. Means I don't have to pull out my phone from the bottom of my crossbody where it falls unless important. All the more so, when phone rings, I can answer my watch to see if important enough.....again, to drag out phone to call back.

Best. Invention. Yet.

Add me to the list of people who wears her Apple watch from rising until bedtime and uses a watchband puck holder. Not only does it allow me all the conveniences of both watch and MB, it has saved me from spending a bazillion dollars buying more cute MBs. Here’s the Etsy merchant I bought mine from: https://mb2watchslider.com/.

Wore an Apple watch on one of the HP rides on Universal. Apple decided we were in a traffic accident and told us it would call 911. We were able to cancel the call.

edited to add This wasn't a "joke" post. Really happened. Whatever algorithm Apples uses must have been refined. Hasn't happened again.

Last edited:
Wore an Apple watch on one of the HP rides on Universal. Apple decided we were in a traffic accident and told us it would call 911. We were able to cancel the call.
I’ve had that happen when I (intentionally) hit something hard at home, but not at WDW! Haven’t been to UOR yet with this watch, though!

I wear mine from when I roll out of bed, to when I put my head on my pillow at night, without fail. That's at Disney and everywhere else! At Disney, I wear my MagicBand puck on my watch band in a puck holder.

Yes! That is what I've done BUT they CMs did ask if I was using my iWatch or MB with most of my transactions. Something will be changing soon with all that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter