Do you use your gift certificates and gift cards....

They $4.95+ activation fee would prevent me from buying these.
I guess I would look at it as $4.95 for a $200 card someone would actually use vs. a $200 card to some random store where the card won’t get used. You might pay a little more but the recipient would actually get to enjoy what you gave them. I could definitely see not wanting to pay fees like that for smaller cards such as a $25 card, but when someone is putting some substantial money into cards for one recipient I would be willing to pay the fee.

This particular person has allowed so many cards to expire or just sit in a drawer for years because they are for places they have no intention of ever going to. I suggested they try to sell or regift them, but some of them are pretty obscure places, or very local places, which makes that more difficult. Plus, it’s not like they haven’t discussed the issue with the in-laws as well, but I guess they are either stubborn or want to give them a useless gift. It’s been going on for at least ten years, so I don’t think it will be changing any time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter