• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you travel to other resorts to eat at their QS?

Yes, usually only when we go for long trips. One time, we traveled to Coronado Springs to eat at Pepper Market when they were still offering a breakfast buffet for a QS credit. We then traveled on to Blizzard Beach. It was worth the trip :)

We also went over to AOA for lunch when we were staying at Pop.

It depends. If I'm at the Epcot resorts yes I'll walk between Beach/Yacht and Boardwalk. I'll also do that at the monorail resorts or Port Orleans. Outside of those 3 then the answer is probably no unless I'm meeting someone.

Nope, rarely even use the resort quick service when I'm staying there. I dislike the value and moderate food courts, too crowded.

We went to POFQ from POR for beignets, and my hubby was blown away that they had a prime rib dinner in their QS for like $17! It was at the end of our trip, so we didn't make it back over there for a dinner, but we'll keep it in mind for next time. We probably won't stay at POR again, but I have to say that one of the things I most enjoyed to eat on our recent trip was from their Make Your Own Salad bar. It was just a really good salad with lots of stuff in it and tossed with Caesar dressing. I actually want to facepalm myself for even typing that, because my hubby and I have been on a strict ketogenic diet since earlier this year, and our week at Disney was a break from it. The fact that my favorite thing I ate- and I ate a lot of stuff- was a salad. haha! I might go back to POR for another one if I can't find it in QS wherever we stay next time.

My son is a big fan of the Contempo Cafe. We've split from him and his cousin to enjoy adult beverages while they went there.

One trip when he was little, we visited Fort Wilderness for a pony ride and to see Minnie Moo. We went to eat at Roaring Forks in the Wilderness Lodge afterward.

When MK gets to be to crowded and overwhelming we hop on the monorail and have lunch at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary. The food is good and its not so hectic. We then decide what park we want to go and either take the monorail or bus from there to another park.

I can't think of any time we went to another resort so that we could eat at their CS, but if we are visiting another resort we do check it out to see if they offer anything that is tough to find elsewhere.

I have explored many QS in the resorts. POFQ is my favorite. QS at the Contemporary, Polynesian, Art of Animation, and Saratoga Springs come to mind as good too. I'm interested in the new QS at Wilderness Lodge for my next trip. I love to explore new foods and new ambience.

If it's easy, we have a trip with lots of resort down time planned, and I feel like checking it out, yes.

Examples:
- We stayed at Pop last year and walked to AOA for food court dinner one night. That was easy.
- We went to DLR this past February and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. We ate QS at Grand Californian one night because we wanted to check out the resort. I have also monorailed to another resort when staying at GF for QS, because it was quick and easy and fun. Also, my sister and I were 15 and 9, so it was amusing for us to be able to do this!

We have ....

Stayed at CBR, did not like the food court, drove to POR.
Stayed at POR, walked next door to POFQ for something different.
Stayed at POP, walked to AoA for new eats.
Leaving so went to Poly, to get good sandwiches for ride home.
Several times stopped at AKL for Mara eats and wandering.

The only time I have is when I was staying at POR and I walked over to POFQ for beignets-since they are sister resorts, I'm not sure if that really qualifies ;)

I was going to say pretty much the same thing: Does walking for POR to POFQ for the beignets count? :D

I do it when we stay on the monorail or Wilderness Lodge. I love Contempo Cafe, Roaring Forks and Gasparilla Grill. I also go to Polynesian for vanilla swirl Dole Whip.

Though a certain QS isn't our reason, we're using a day to visit different resorts to explore and we'll be visiting some for a quick bite or snack that day. While staying at POR, we're definitely going to POFQ for beignets because that's my daughter's must-do request...oh, and Carousel of Progress. She's an odd duck.

Not typically, because we rarely eat QS, but we have gone from Poly to GF to get breakfast at Gasparilla Grill. We really aren't fans of Captain Cooks.

Now that you mention it, that Muffeletta at FQ was dang good when I got it one night when it got cold and we baled on the park.
We don't have any place locally that has a good one so that could well draw me over to try one sometime.
The way I see it, if I can buy it at home there isn't much of a reason to go out of the way to get it at Disney. It's rarely better and almost always more expensive.

It was worth the trip!

We did on our last trip. We stayed at the Poly but ended up preferring the QS at the Grand Floridian. It was a quick monorail stop away. I don't like eating at the same place over and over so we prefer to mix it up.

We are staying at Polynesian and I am considering all the resorts on the monorail our hotel quick service. :p

We've done it lots of times. And we've driven to one resort for dinner, then another for dessert. On our last trip, we had dinner at the POR food court (we were staying at OKW), then drove to POFQ for a beignet sundae for dessert. And one time, we drove to Captain Cook's for dinner, then POR food court for dessert. And we've driven to Mara a few times for dinner and dessert.

Poly - Cap'n Cooks - DH LOVES the chicken and waffles
POFQ - Duh, beignets
AKL - lots of good items; zebra domes, butternut squash soup

One year we went for MVMCP and just resort hopped the night before to check out the decorations. Can't remember where we ate, but we love resort hopping for food and gift shops.

We'll make a special trip to a resort to eat at QS if that is what we are in the mood for. The new QS at WL is quite good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter