Do You Think Universal Will Have Another Month Special?

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
Since I am not planning on getting a pass until more towards the Fall season since I want to try to experience Hagrid's Coaster when it calms down (but I'm sure only a little bit) and it's cooler out, I'm wondering what people's opinions on if Universal will do another 3-6 month deal, or something else?

It seems always in the past they've had some deal, or another, but this year they're ending it April, right? Do you guys think it'll happen again anytime soon, or they'll wait awhile?

I’d like to know too, as my trip is at the end of April so sadly will miss this.

Me 3, my pass expires 7/1 and we just left there yesterday. I hope I didn’t make a mistake by not just starting a new AP....

I was wondering the same thing as we try to squeeze in a visit today to buy APs for the extra 6 months.

It would be good to look back at when the previous specials were offered. We previously bought with 3 months free in February 2015 (premier passes) and with a full year free (!) in September 2006 (preferred passes).

Yeah, since it happens so frequently I would imagine there must be something eventually soon. I'm hoping that at least once the summer rush is over and the opening of Hagrid's coaster goes for a couple of months, that by the fall there is another deal.

Watching too. My daughter and family passes expire in June. They do not plan to renew. But if a good deal came out they may change their mind.

Also watching. We will be arriving in June so would love to see some kind of special come up with annual passes. Is this something that has been done in previous years for the summer months or just spring and fall?

Does it? This one IMO was unprecedented. Someone above mentioned one in 2015, and I vaguely remember it, but that’s as far back as I recall this sort of thing happening.

I do not recall the exact deal in 2015, but I've remember during my more previous time as a AP there was a deal for an extra couple of months, which seemed like it lasted for ages. As I believe (now this isn't fact), but I believe was still some sort of deal when I ended my pass. My last pass expired in 2017. Once again could be wrong, but I do recall at one point during having my pass there was a deal being advertised.

This more recent deal, which lasted until this April, I do not recall when this deal started, but seems (key word seems, I do not know for fact again) as if it's been going on for a year, or more. If not, this +3 / +6 deal has been around for at least six months, as it's been around for awhile. Which I doubt since a lot of the people who had this deal has been speaking in terms of needing to renew, but cannot renew too early to get the deal again, so more than likely it's been a year / over a year deal.

But yes, this deal is unprecedented as we've (as far as I remember in terms of coming to the parks period starting when I was 13) never heard of a deal of up to +6 months depending on which pass you get. When I originally generally ask if there will ever be a deal like this again, I mean the idea of when we'll get another deal in which we can get a month, or two extra with a purchase of a pass.

I’m not holding out much hope that another deal will come along by the end of the month. Just missed this deal by weeks :sad:

Universal seems to add deals between big rides to keep attendance up. My thought is that once the new coaster opens, there will be no need for a deal and so it will be a bit before another one comes along. I assume it will all depend on how attendance is with the new coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter