• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think this is acceptable???

Skylarr29

DIS Veteran
So since I didn't get any answers about the length of raw footage I decided to make another post.

Do you think it is acceptable that I paid my videographer 5,500.00 and my video is 25 minutes long and with the 6 hours of coverage we paid him for there is only 1 hour 59 minutes of raw footage. I'm pretty ticked to be honest but have no idea if this is standard. So if anyone has any opinions before I go bridezilla on this guy it would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Oh, and my wedding was 14 months ago and I had to hound him to get it and just got it Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is totally unacceptable! Do you still have the info they sent you about your package? I'd ask for the rest of the footage!

Which company did you use?
I'd be far more that a simple fire breathing Bridezilla if I were you! Nice job on being calm enough to write a post- I'd be a lunatic!:mad:

Hope they straighten this out for you!!!
:hug:

That's a LOT of $$ for a wedding video. How many videographers were involved- just one, or multiples?

What kind of quality was the finished video - did they use special effects in finishing it?

Did your contract deal with the number of cameras, length of video and amount of raw footage? Did it state how much time to allow for him to deliver the completed video?

I think that "going Bridezilla" is more a matter of revisiting the contract and determining whether he met the terms of the written agreement or not...

That's a LOT of $$ for a wedding video. How many videographers were involved- just one, or multiples?

What kind of quality was the finished video - did they use special effects in finishing it?

Did your contract deal with the number of cameras, length of video and amount of raw footage? Did it state how much time to allow for him to deliver the completed video?

I think that "going Bridezilla" is more a matter of revisiting the contract and determining whether he met the terms of the written agreement or not...

The finished video was "OK". I mean it was only 26 minutes long but his website states most videos are approx. 40 minutes long. I think 14 more minutes given the length would have helped. After watching the raw I just don't think he has the coverage to make it longer. I am so thankful our ceremony is there because that is most important but I feel it really lacks.

We had one videographer with one camera. Contract does not state the things you mention.

I am thinking about small claims court for a partial refund but I do not know how difficult that would be given our locations.

I understand that there is travel time to and from locations, breaks, down time, etc. but I think the amount he actual filmed is unacceptable. He didn't even have the camera on half the time. :confused3

This is totally unacceptable! Do you still have the info they sent you about your package? I'd ask for the rest of the footage!

Which company did you use?
I'd be far more that a simple fire breathing Bridezilla if I were you! Nice job on being calm enough to write a post- I'd be a lunatic!:mad:

Hope they straighten this out for you!!!
:hug:

I don't think there is more footage, that is the problem. My video is lacking because he didn't get the footage!

I used Jeffrey Stoner Video and it was the only mistake I made when choosing vendors, he's talented but this is just inexcusable.

I agree that is unacceptable. Our video was about 40 minutes long and our raw footage was longer and we paid less than you. I would have to become a bridezilla on that one. :mad:

To me raw footage should include the entire ceremony and reception. How can you edit together a video with all the highlights if you didn't film the whole event? I remember all the issues you were having with your edited video and I agree that you really should seek out some kind of refund, that is a ton of money to spend for something that is definitely not up to par.

I don't know too much about videography but I think that is completely unacceptable, especially given the price you paid. I agree, I would think raw footage should be everything that was filmed. For 6 hours, I do understand there would be breaks, etc, but I would think you'd have at least 4 hours of footage. I also have no idea what the standard is though.

Yeah I would not be happy, over $5000 for a 20 odd minute video is outrageous! :scared1:

It's clear from your photos that you had a beautiful wedding, and if it's not clear from the video too, then there's something wrong.

Any way of trying to get intouch with other brides that he's worked for, and seeing how much raw footage they got?

I have no idea what to do but I think I have decided to speak to my lawyer about a partial refund. I in know way expect to get back everything we paid because he do show up and we do have a video but the amount he did is just ridiculous. I had wanted to pay more money to have another company re edit my video because I didn't care for what he did and now I don't even have the footage to do so.

I re read our contract and we paid $4,300.00. Still a lot for 6 hours in my opinion.

I'm just so upset by it because I can never get it back and I know he has done better work.

I think you should get some money back for sure. $4300 for 6 hours ends up being about 716 per hour. You got less then 2 hours of footage, therefore, I would expect about 3000 back. ANd that is being kind, considering this is a day that cannot be redone, and this is footage that cannot be retaken.

I also think that there should be some consideration for the amount of time you have spent chasing after him. It sounds to me like he ahd some film issues or equiptment issues and is not coming clean. Either that or he just blew off your wedding.

Does the 4300 include your deposit? Or in addition to your deposit? I would ask for a FULL refund and then negotiate from there.

You are being very level headed. I'm sorry, but I think this man ripped you off royally. :mad: There are just so many unacceptable problems for the amount you paid. I hope you take him to the cleaners over this, I really do.

Do you want us DIS brides to start a letter writing campaign or something? I bet if we let him know en masse that we are aware of what he did to you and that we'll continue to make it known to other brides, he'll back down. I'm serious, I would happily write a letter. :grouphug:

took tv production in hs. they should of had 6 hours of footage from 1 camera and had another three cameras during your ceromony for that price. also the edited cut should be 30 to 40 min.

You are being very level headed. I'm sorry, but I think this man ripped you off royally. :mad: There are just so many unacceptable problems for the amount you paid. I hope you take him to the cleaners over this, I really do.

Do you want us DIS brides to start a letter writing campaign or something? I bet if we let him know en masse that we are aware of what he did to you and that we'll continue to make it known to other brides, he'll back down. I'm serious, I would happily write a letter. :grouphug:

Thank you very much for the offer. I really appreciate it and may take you up on it.

I have sent him an email asking for a partial refund. His contract states that his maximum amount of recourse is the deposit amount of $1,500.00 for ANY reason (so if he never even gives you a video all you can get back is your deposit???). I have asked for that back. If he doesn't agree then I will be going to small claims court and seeking the entire price I paid back. My credit card company has also said that we can dispute the charges since it is what they call an on going charge, meaning it takes a while for the service or product to be delivered etc., so we may try that as well.

I don't want to get nasty but my next step will be to report him to the BBB and anything else that I can.

And he had the nerve to tell me my video was short and boring because things were not happening at my wedding because it was small. Well I have over 4,000 photos from the day and they tell a different story completely! Robert and I are hardly even in the part of our finished video of the reception.

Thanks everyone for your insight. I will keep you posted.

And he had the nerve to tell me my video was short and boring because things were not happening at my wedding because it was small. Well I have over 4,000 photos from the day and they tell a different story completely! Robert and I are hardly even in the part of our finished video of the reception.

Thanks everyone for your insight. I will keep you posted.

Pardon me?!! :eek: He told you your wedding was boring?!! :mad::snooty: Oh, now I'm really mad and it's not even my wedding or my video. No vendor, no matter what their personal opinion, has the right to say that. Ever. He knows he messed up and now he's trying a personal attack because he's on the defensive. Don't back down!!

Pardon me?!! :eek: He told you your wedding was boring?!! :mad::snooty: Oh, now I'm really mad and it's not even my wedding or my video. No vendor, no matter what their personal opinion, has the right to say that. Ever. He knows he messed up and now he's trying a personal attack because he's on the defensive. Don't back down!!

I agree. I told him we thought he lazily slapped our video together and he said we were attacking him personally etc. etc. Trying to play the victim. I have no intention of backing down, it would be nice if he just paid up and that is the end of it. *Sigh* we shall see.

WOW I cannot believe this. You have every right to be upset! I would be sure to read the contract carefully because I've noticed in a lot of my vendor contracts it states if I take them to court I have to pay their fees {or something along those lines}. It's ridiculous.

I would also review him on the knot, wedding wire, project wedding, etc, so other brides don't make the same mistake of hiring him. We actually were going to meet with him and he stood us up! I guess it worked out better in the end... geez!

I feel it's one thing to give you too short of a video, but the RAW FOOTAGE needs to be there. I get maybe he takes a break to go to the bathroom or something, but at that price he should have some sort of assistant filming too. And even if he IS the only one, so you should have at least 5 1/2 hours of raw footage, it doesn't take that long to move from one location to the other.

Technically he did film some, so I think you probably can't get all your money back, but you should be entitled to a good chunk of it.

Good luck, keep us updated!

WOW I cannot believe this. You have every right to be upset! I would be sure to read the contract carefully because I've noticed in a lot of my vendor contracts it states if I take them to court I have to pay their fees {or something along those lines}. It's ridiculous.

I would also review him on the knot, wedding wire, project wedding, etc, so other brides don't make the same mistake of hiring him. We actually were going to meet with him and he stood us up! I guess it worked out better in the end... geez!

I feel it's one thing to give you too short of a video, but the RAW FOOTAGE needs to be there. I get maybe he takes a break to go to the bathroom or something, but at that price he should have some sort of assistant filming too. And even if he IS the only one, so you should have at least 5 1/2 hours of raw footage, it doesn't take that long to move from one location to the other.

Technically he did film some, so I think you probably can't get all your money back, but you should be entitled to a good chunk of it.

Good luck, keep us updated!

He stood you up:eek: He must not care about his business very much. His contract hardly states anything at all... I'm not sure if that will work in my favor or not but I will keep you updated!!

I think it is absolutely terrible what he's done and said about your wedidng! I work in a complaints department at work and it is only the people that truly push and push that get results. Even if you start to feel that its not worth it anymore DON'T, thats what he will probably expect!

It will probably work out cheaper to give you a partial refund then go to court and have bad press!

Don't give up, I will write a letter too! I have disney wedding coming up and would happily tell him that I won't have him as a videographer!

I cannot believe the nerve of this guy! I will write a letter if it helps out too! I opted not to get videography for my wedding because the price is just outrageous. $5500 should give you 2 videographers, at least 4-5 hours of raw footage and a nicely edited 40-minute video. And waiting a YEAR for your video is just ridiculous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter