Do you think four can stay on site for this amount of money?

pdzabe

Mouseketeer
Just got back, stayed off-site, total for four people for air, car, hotel, park hoppers for four days and spending money was $2600. I want to go back! Can I accomplish the same staying on site? Need opinions.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Four of us are going in 2 weeks for 4 nights/5 days:

Air: $600 round trip from Buffalo
Room: $290 @ Sports
Transfer $80

Thats under $1.000....not sure on how we are going to do the passes~still thinking that one thru. We pricelined the air, mousesavered the room, and realized TTC was the way to go as far as airport transfer. We are making a Publix stop---refuse to pay 1.99 for a bagel :rolleyes:

I think it can be done--just do your research and know that the prices out there (except for media) is negotiable!

Wow, you did real well so far, especially with the airfare. What is "mousesaver"? I am unaware of that. Also, did you go through priceline for the airfare before you did anything else? Once they confirm the price, do they immediately tell you the airline and time? Do you have to endure any extra stops or layovers? Thanks for your help!

we're staying onsite POR for 4nights = $400 with mousesavers code, air from Chicago $800 delta website, $80 towncar, $750 tickets with DC (not much savings on tickets) and 300-400 spending money=$2450
you could save more by staying at All star but we love POR (old DL) definitely worth being on site. cut expenses by eating in room, bring water bottles and munchies, etc. Good luck

We also got great rates leaving from Buffalo on US Air ($170 for each round trip), staying at All Star Music, Length of Stay pass for 5 days, 4 nites & using Tiffany Town Car for round trip from airport. Total for the 4 of us is $2300. We are going end of August and made our reservations thru AAA the beginning of January. Just 108 days to go!!!!

Hi there! You will find a lot of great ways to save money on your WDW trip on the Budget Board, so I am redirecting all replies there. Thanks so much, and have a great trip!! :D

only two going here but here's the price breakdown

air: 330 from CT
room: 510 for 7 nights at ASSp thanks to Mousesavers
tix: 530 (6 day hoppers)

we are estimating high (so we don't run out of money) and are setting aside 600 for food.

thats less than 2000 for a week

DH and I just decided to go at the end of August.

Mousesavers code - All Star Music - 4 nights - $220

Airfare Buffalo - Orlando (great times) - $300 for both (booked through AAA)

Haven't decided about hopper tickets yet (we still have unused days on one) but will probably buy 5 day w/ Disney Club Discount - approx. $440 for both.

Are planning to do counter service meals for the majority of the trip.

Planning to buy All Star mugs and take down crackers/granola bars/snacks.

We are going for 5 days/4 nights in Sept. this year. Here is my budget for 4 people. All are considered Adults except for 1.

Room $360.00 (rented DVC pts for a studio BW villa)
Passes $ 890.00 (3 5day PHP and 1 4 day PH
Character Dinner & Breakfast $ 120.00
Spa treatment for DH $ 120.00
Meals that aren't Charadter (all sit downs) $ 350.00
Gas for our Van $ 100.00
Hotels down & back $ 125.00

Total for 4 people $ 2,065.00 (not including sovies)

Let me just add to that DH vacations on his stomach!!!! LOL we are planning to eat at the following places....Rose & Crown , La Celliers, Sci-Fi Theater, Planet Hollywood, ESPN Club and other various places. The only meals we will be eating in our room will be breakfast as my crew are not breakfast eaters.

I really feel good reading these responses and hope others do too. You really can do it if you plan and budget. I don't think I'll be able to go back next year (we went without putting in a new oil heater which we'll need next winter), but now I have hope and will plan for another trip in 2003. That sounds terrible doesn't it? 2003? I don't know if I can wait that long!

a lot of advance planning for us. We are going for 2weeks. here is a breakdown:
airfare for 3 at $128 iah to mco
hotel SWAN 13 days $1500
disney tickets 5days 3tickets $500
total= 2384 for 2weeks

+$600 food money kept aside.

:p :p :rolleyes: :smooth: :pinkbounc :bounce: :jester:

we still have leftover hoppers from last year so we only purchased the 5 days one this time. we will need em all for 2 weeks. plus we still have lots of hotel gift certificates left from last year. ex;rainforest,bennigans,tgi fridays,olive garden,dennys,boston market. The $600 spending money will mostly be used for a couple of breakfasts and souveniers.;) :p

GM Where did you get air from IAH for $128.00. And your park pass are cheeper?

This is our first trip, so I went a little over, but I want my DH to love it so much he will want to come back. It took me over a year to talk him into it.

Here is our break down for 3 (2 adults, 1 child (9 years)) for 6 nights.

Delta air $857.00
Park tickets (5 day hoppers) $614.80 (DC)
Alamo 4 door compact car $136.48
Animal Kingdom ~ Savannah $1254.00 (209 per night ~DC)
Grand Total $2,867.08

I booked everything myself. If I would have bought a "package" it would have cost about $4500.00. I hate paying $209 per night for the room, but who knows when I will be back and after all it is Disney!! (right) I know I could have done better, but I really wanted to stay at the AKL with a savannah view.

hi I cant believe someone from humble tx. I live in ponderosa forest on 1960. I go to deerbrook mall all the time.

:p :p :p
My airfare I purchased september 2000 at $118+tax=128 on American Airlines. So that was a real good deal. Basically keep watching bestfares.com snooze you lose deals and when you see houston come up it will give you the name of the airline and you just call the airline direct and reserve. Also my sis just purchased her tickets for disney on priceline from houston last week. she got for tickets for $90+tax on us airways from intercontinental leaves at 12ish pm and returns 6ish pm her total for 4 tickets was $438. Your airfare for 2 is pretty high. right now delta has airfare from dallas for $109+tax roundtip.

My hoppers were around 650 not 550 sorry typo.

glad to hear from another texan!!!! ;)

also your car rental is pretty high for a compact. I got an intermediate (grandam) for $115+tax at avis. also alamo is offsite. try getting at the airport if you can. There are lots of deals at national,avis. For avis use code 163324 because with this code compact came up to 107+tax

Also you didnt mention when you are going. they do have discounts for the animal kingdom lodge depending on when you are going.

I try to save every penny I can get to see the mouse:p :p

hi
I had a couple of gift certificates left from last years car test drives for buick where if you test drove their car you get a gift certificate. Also for birthdays,anniversaries,etc I would tell my family to purchase restaurant gift certificates instead of other presents. Also any change I carry I convert to gift certificates for restaurants.;)

My rent a car was $103.14 (with tax is $136.48) for a 4 door Cavailer. I don't mind that it is offsite, yet. Does it make that much difference. Should I try for an on-site rental, such as Avis? Also, I have the car on Quick Rent, so I don't have to go to the counter.

I just tried the Avis code 163324, and it said it was not a valid code. The price for the same car came up to $174.00 w/tax. Any suggestions? If I can get the same or better car for about the same price on site, I will take it. I just haven't found any coupons that work for me.

We are going June 2-8. I used the DC special for the AKL savannah view. The $209 includes tax. The only other one I saw was the AP rate of $189. which I think DC is now matching, but is that with or without tax. I already have everything paid for, can I still change with out a fee or anything. I had to go through the WDTC. I didn't not buy the pre-travel insurance.

The plane fare was for 3 people (DH, DD, & me). It was about $285.00 each. We arrive at 2:30 pm, and our return flight is at 9 pm. We don't get home until about mid-night. I wanted to stay as late as possible. All of the cheep fares I could find left late and returned early. Anyway, I can't complain about the air, I got the times I wanted and my grandfather to pay for it. heehee Isn't he a sweety! All I did was ask. But, I still would have liked to save him some money.

This is my first time to WDW as an "ADULT". Last time I went I was in High School (10 years ago) (again, Grandfather took a lot of us grandchildren in Feb. 1991). All I had to do was show up. Those were the days!

hi kittypepper did you see my post to you on page 1 about how much my airfare cost and how I got it. Avis' code is K163324(forgot to put the K). Yes your airfare is very high but you didnt pay for it but for next time always check all the discount airfare sight. usually the maximum from houston is around $220 unless you book last minute. Check my post on page 1 on this reply. Also to save the most money on your trip never go thru a package, book everything on your own. I leave on June 2 also.
:p ;) You will have a great time at disney and hopefully will become addicted to the Mouse like me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter