Do you think flight costs will go down for February?

Badamon

Mouseketeer
We've decided to go to Disney kind of last minute (for us!) and feeling late booking our flights for February 11-18, '16. Do you think prices will drop? I've read that the best time to book a flight is at around 54 days out, but our trip is during a school vacation (Massachusetts) and not sure if this will happen. What's your thought, buy now or wait it out?
Thanks for the help/input!

I hope so too. Our dates are February 5-15, and I check everyday , sometimes multiple times a day, and they are higher than usual.

Found $250 R/T a day earlier than needed, out of our second choice airport. Better than it was last night, didn't see this flight at all. It was on SW.

Can you tell me next week's Powerball number? Meaning, no one knows. We book when we find a fare we can live with.

My flight has been creeping up on Delta... however, it is difficult to tell now, due to come changes they made to flights, and that will likely drive up the prices...

We were booked at $203 each RT from Cleveland to MCO 1/31 - 2/5 That price has been fairly stable, but they have changed out flights twice (, once each way by combining multiple flights into one) Now there are fewer seats left so, the prices will likely start to climb. I ended up using those flight changes to negotiate better flights out of other cities. (I really want to do a connecting flight in the south due to the winter weather). I ended up on a much more expensive flight, without having to pay the difference. However, that flight has gone up every week for the last 2 weeks also.

Initially I thought I let my excitement of planning force me in to buying too early, but it seems clear that early was at worse an OK decision, and might even turn out to be the best decision.

We've decided to go to Disney kind of last minute (for us!) and feeling late booking our flights for February 11-18, '16. Do you think prices will drop? I've read that the best time to book a flight is at around 54 days out, but our trip is during a school vacation (Massachusetts) and not sure if this will happen. What's your thought, buy now or wait it out?
Thanks for the help/input!

We used to find that the best pricing for our annual End of January/Early February trips to Orlando came around the end of October. Never ever 54 days out for any flight and we travel ALOT!!

BUT..these past few years the pricing has been all over the map. We've found the best pricing the day the flights have been released for Orlando & Especially Ft Lauderdale.

For next year we booked the day they were released for $206 per person -direct / round trip total. (and its March break time)
Now its an average of $209 EACH way for the cheapest flights!!!

Just keep watching.
For Southwest watch on Tuesdays.. that's when they normally do their price drops.

We just booked today for 2/1 through SW. I always feel better just booking it so I don't have to obsess over watching ticket prices anymore. As long as it's close to what we budgeted for, I am good with it.

We just booked for February but leaving the 3rd and got a great deal but when I looked up vacation week it was a lot more. I'm also in MA and we used jet blue no kids though so I just book when it's the cheapest.

MA teacher here going vacation week and we booked non stop to tampa 500 pp rt. Was way cheaper than Orlando. This is on SW

If you are looking at weekend travel that week, I will say the chances are 0 of prices going down. You may get lucky if you are travelling mid-week, but those odds are still low.

There is absolutely no chance of MA school vacation week flights out of anywhere in MA or NH or RI going down. They start climbing within minutes of JB and/or SW opening up their schedules. Nearly all of New England (all but NH) has those same vacation days. You're better off buying now than waiting any longer as they're just going to keep going up.

If you're planning to rent a car then check other FL airports.

So, we bit the bullet and purchased from SW yesterday. Round trip BDL to MCO. Added one night to our reservation, it paid off with the airfare cost (plus added a day to our vacation!). We have great flights, non-stop and not wasting either travel day (early arrival to MCO, late departure home). I like to say "It is what it is!". Now.... to wait! :snail:

We will be traveling out of the Northeast on Feb. 23 and some of Southwest flights are showing sold out for our return flight on March 3. Glad you got them booked now.

We will be traveling out of the Northeast on Feb. 23 and some of Southwest flights are showing sold out for our return flight on March 3. Glad you got them booked now.
Sorry your having trouble booking.....keep on trying! Good luck and enjoy your trip!

I'm going to finally book ours tomorrow. Last week I saw them go down about 60.00 off our total. I thought that was a steal because it's the best I've seen so far. I can't wait anymore because it's too much pressure to always be looking and in fear that it'll sell out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter