Do you suffer from "rope-drop syndrome?"

CandleontheWater

Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
Do you suffer from "rope-drop syndrome"- the compulsive need to be places when the first open, even outside of WDW?

I find myself being so brainwashed by Disney, that I begin to get the shakes if we arrive at even the local children's museum after it first opens. :laughing:

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I the only crazy one!

You are definitely not alone, however in recent trips to Disney we haven't really felt the need to go to RD anymore. Sure I still love the RD at MK, but we are starting to think that sleeping in on a vacation instead of running around like zombies is the way of life. On the other hand, my one big pet peeve (especially at home) is being late for anything. My parent's used to be late for everything, even when they drove me to school I would be 5 minutes late getting to my class, therefore I told myself I would never do that to my family when I get older.

Definitely. We have even passed it on to our 5yr old. She almost has a panic attack if we miss the rope drop at MK.....it's a sickness :) That is my favorite time of the day though. You get so much done in such a short time, I cannot imagine showing up to a park at 11am :scared1:

Oh heavens, YES! I find myself hurrying to the grocery store first thing in the morning to avoid crowds. Disney has definitely rubbed off on me!

Yes! The latest was a week & half ago when I had to keep reminding myself two young boys would not appreciate (or understand) the need to wait outside Rogers Centre for 45 minutes in the cold. :laughing: It was arrive at Rogers Centre for 3:20 or 2:20 (doors opened at 3pm). The lines for Monster Jam truck driver signatures were packed! :scared1: At least they managed to get an autograph & photograph with the GraveDigger. Truth be told, I wish we were at the front of the doors and waiting at 2:20pm.

Plus this summer, I thoroughly researched Centre Island and Ontario Place before our daytrip. And made sure we were there when they opened. :rotfl:

I have this same issue. I have to be there before the park opens, and if I am not there I have anxiety, and the first few min. of the day are definatly indifferent.

So... In all my times at Disney... we've never done rope drop! What time does this happen? Is it right at the scheduled park open? Do you have to get there early to line up? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter