Do you still have Xmas decorations up?

tigger 12 said:
I've noticed in some of the neighborhoods around me, that a lot of people still have there Christmas decorations up and turned on. I take mine down on New Years day. I'm just quite surprised at the number of people who still have there decorations up. Do you still have your stuff up and turned on? When do you plan on taking them down?

YEP...We went away for Christmas and then had company for NY's. So this week they will come down.
We had to deal with ton's of laundry and cleaning this weekend.

Typically, I take down our decorations on New Year's Day. Admittedly, I was just too tired from our Christmas WDW trip to tackle this project last week. Thus, we finally got all the decorations packed away last night. Note: I didn't say "put away." The tubs are now PILED up in the garage...where they'll stay until Spring Break unless I light a fire under my dh and older ds to help!! Christmas decorations look so tired-out after the holidays. I hate to see them still up. It's depressing.

Everything's down here but there are a few houses that still have their outside lights on around here.

We got some nice weather this weekend so we started to take them down this weekend. Just got a few more strands of lights to take down today.

We still have our inside stuff around. I fully admit to being lazy.

But

My dh's news station did a story on Thursday or Friday about people who still had decorations and got royally flamed! Calls, emails, people demanding apologies from the reporter. People were MAD! Seems many people wait for the Epiphany, which is what my family did growing up.

Today is the day the outside lights are going down. Tomorrow the inside stuff if I dont get to it today. We dont decorate our Christmas tree until christmas eve so its always the last thing we take down. We also dont put out any outside stuff until after thanksgiving.

Outside lights are put away. All trees are down. But we still have a few things left to put away.

nope! I am a Flylady follower! My Christmas decorations were all down and put away by Friday. My tree was down the day after Christmas, I was afraid it was a fire hazard!

I used to wait until Epiphany, but not any longer.

Dan Murphy said:
Our stuff is usually up till mid January.

Dan, what are the names of those 2 ladies that have a radio show on WGN in Chicago. They usually have a hiliarous talk in February how people have decorations up and how their neighbors tell them to get their decorations down. Someone actually admitted to writing people's notes in her neighborhood and telling people to take their decorations down.

I know someone that lives in my neighborhood and she kept her little white santa sleigh, with a santa in it till Easter Last year. When I walked by after Thanksgiving I cracked up when I saw the lady had it back out. I was going to send the neighbors a note and ask them if they wanted to form a pool to see how long she would keep santa up this year.

Just getting to putting everything away today. I wanted to start last weekend but unfortunatly I have to rely on DH to bring up all the containers from the basement, as I am suffering with a torn meniscus in my knee. It took me 2 days to put everything up, minus the tree itself (DH does that, it's a huge, fat 9ft pre-lit). But now that I have to wait on him, things are slow moving.

Mine came down yesterday :sad1:

Mine came down yesterday!! :sad1:

The tree and lights and garland are still up in the Magic Kingdom :faint: (and the Christmas music was still playing through at least yesterday ....I don't know if it was on today or not)

All my Christmas stuff is put away, but the snowmen get to stay out. And man, does this place look boring!!! I get post-Christmas bum out every year till spring!

My tree came down the day after Christmas....the rest of the things came down today. I do however have a small two foot tree in the kitchen that I decided to keep up. I changed out the lights today, put clear lights with snowflake and winter type decorations. I am planning on keeping it up all year and changing it with the holidays. Does anyone else do this?? Any suggestions for the different holidays?

We finished taking down the outdoor decorations today. Weather had been lousy. We haven't turned them on since Christmas. Tree and indoor decorations were down last week. Got everything neatly packed away till next Christmas. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter