• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you still buy souvenirs on a cruise?

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Is there a point at which you stop buying souvenirs? Disney has a much higher rate of repeat cruisers, some having done 100 or more cruises. So is there a point where you just go for the trip?
I'm asking because my wife is dusting our collection of souvenir drink and wine glasses from cruises in the china cabinet, glasses that haven't been used in some cases for 40 years.

I am a CM, not a Guest but I have done a number of contracts and I always seem to end up trying to fit all my souvenirs into my suitcase at the end of a contract! Then they just seem to disappear once I get them home…

Is there a point at which you stop buying souvenirs? Disney has a much higher rate of repeat cruisers, some having done 100 or more cruises. So is there a point where you just go for the trip?
I'm asking because my wife is dusting our collection of souvenir drink and wine glasses from cruises in the china cabinet, glasses that haven't been used in some cases for 40 years.
Teeshirts and such but not stuff to sit around and collect dust. Heck we are working on getting rid of stuff not accumulating more. We enjoy seeing it on the stores shelves and save money by letting them dust and clean it.

We try to buy things but they always seem to be sold out of everything I go there to get. On top of their new merchandise recently hasn’t been to my liking so haven’t been getting anything lately. They need to go back to the classic look and logos.

I buy magnets and T-shirts or sweatshirts that are unique to that year or itinerary. If there isn't anything with the year or cruise description (e.g., Pixar Day at Sea) then I don't buy anything.

My wife loves the Dooney and Bourke bags, she has a few but they don't gather dust. She uses them all the time.
I buy clothes, especially caps and t-shirts the occasional zipper jacket. I will look for pins as well; they are on display (collecting dust).

Last edited:
We have only done 4, but we don't buy souvenirs much anymore. We did buy magnets, pins, a hoodie, and a blanket from our first and only Alaska cruise this summer. They were particularly cute. We rarely buy souvenirs at the parks anymore either, unless it's maybe a holiday or special shirt or a pin.

In general I do not buy all the typical stuff but if I should need something or see something that jumps out at me, I'll get it. 2 cruises ago I got a new CC 5K tshirt as I liked the color and material. A few cruises before that I picked up a pair of sunglasses.

One thing I really wanted on our last 2 cruise but could not find was a towel animal. We have recently redone our spare room to make it a DCL stateroom and that would have gone right on the couch. My DS and his GF went on a cruise last week and they saw them so they did pick up one of those for me as they knew that was something I had been looking for. :love:

On our last cruise, I got the women’s swimsuit and matching cover up because I loved it so much. But I’m not really sure I consider that a “souvenir” since I wore it on ship and still wear it. But we do buy tumblers that we like because we use them a lot at home. But I don’t go onto the ship looking to buy anything. Just if it suits my fancy or if I’m getting something for others back home.

We try to buy unique items including clothing or Christmas ornaments. I bought a lot of stuff on the Wish, but when we were on the Magic in May, I only bought a shirt for DS and a dress for me.

I try just to purchase souvenirs that are specific to our cruise, such as Panama Canal, Transatlantic, 25th Anniversary, etc. Unfortunately, these souvenirs are always the hardest to get because they sell out so quickly.

I always check out the shops for unique pins for a particular sailing or ornaments or other items. I no longer by Mickey ears, because in the end they just lay around the house. I bought some mugs this year because I found some unique ones though I don’t need any more.

I do go in the whitecaps and look at clothing. I’m a larger size women, and they seem to have great things like pajamas with really soft material that I always look out for. Sometimes you can find good deals there sometimes not. And the prices aren’t that bad. But all the small usual souvenir stuff I no longer buy it just lays around my house and in the end it’s throwing money away.

I like to collect towels lol but it has to be really cute. I also buy dooney bags but I have to LOVE IT. this past cruise I only bought a suit case 🤣

We try to by a polo shirt, t-shirt or jacket on the cruises, but we don't really go for other type of souvenirs. It would be very dangerous for me to start collecting something, because I'm the type of person who once I start, I have to have one of everything.

Psy

We usually don't unless there's something new/special. Now, DS on the other hand can always find something he wants :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter