Do you share your QS meal?

Do you tend to share a QS/CS meal between two adults?

• All the time

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Nearly all the time

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Half the time

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Hardly ever

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Never

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

LavishWig

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm planning out my food for my August trip (two adults) and have seen a lot of posts about some places serving portions big enough to share between two so I wanted to gauge how often you actually do this to get an idea for my trip.

I'm going to be on the DDP so essentially I'm going to use this poll to figure out whether I should change one of my reservations to a signature and ditch having a TS each night. I realise signature is often not as good value but I think with my choices in general I'll be getting enough out of it not to mind too much if I lose out on $10/20pp.

If you'd like to comment where you definitely would or definitely wouldn't share a QS/CS meal then please feel free!

We always share, but we’re the types that like to constantly eat around the parks and try a variety of food. If something was really delicious and we still feel hungry, we’ll buy another meal, but more often then not, we just move on to something else.

We are not ones to sit down and eat 3 square meals a day, we just eat when we’re hungry or if something strikes our fancy as we’re walking by.

This is what we do. We have DVC, so we eat breakfast in room, something like bread, protein and fruit, not just muffin or cookie.
At lunch and dinner ,we almost always share a CS , throw in a snack (usually ice cream) for each of us and that's our day. We may go back to room and snack of whatever we have in room, chips etc. Sometime if we eat at Peco's bill, where I like very little on nachos and DH puts on everything on, we would get our own meals.

I think you would be fine with your plan. Especially if you are only trading out one TS. We actually found a CS and a TS every night was too much for us the one time we did dining plan.

We are a family of 6 and tend to buy 3 meals and split them up so everyone has some of everything and it works for us.
Pecos Bill, Flame Tree/Satuli, ABC Commissary, and Sunshine Seasons are my recommendations for each park on restaurants with good shareable entrees

Places like Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, and Flame Tree BBQ have portions that are large enough to get a few meals and split among the family. Sharing allows us to stretch our credits further, but also allows us to sample more items and snack throughout the day, which we prefer to eating 3 big meals.

We share a lot of entrees, and sometimes we'll add an additional side which is still cheaper than ordering a second meal. It's just too much food for us otherwise. Splitting a lunch leaves us room for a snack or two throughout the day without waddling around the park feeling stuffed.

We share on certain occasions for instance if we have had a late lunch we'll share an entree at dinner or if we have a dessert party planned we'll share an entree for dinner.

We split meals on occasion. We probably could split more, but on the DDP we'd end up with way too many extra credits.

We almost always split 3 QS meals between the 5 of us (me, DH, DS15, DS12, DS7) so that we can always have room for a Mickey bar, Dole Whip or whatever else we find. We usually don't do DDP though and bring snacks to the park with us as well and have one TS meal a day also.

We split QS, but walking around in the heat, and going on rides is not my favorite environment to have a full belly.
I'm amazed at how ppl can eat so much. Some of the qs meals are huge, and I can definitely EAT - I'm pooh sized for life!
Another reason we split qs meals is that, well, not many of them are that good for the price, anyway. (Flame tree spare ribs are our number one qs fave.) We sate ourselves, eat what we want, and then move on, but we always stop for dole whips (maybe even more than once per day,) and we always have decent snacks in the backpack.

Generally, we pig out for the evening meal.

We always finish our meals and I'm a small woman so it all depends what type of eaters you are.

It depends on what we are eating that day and what we want to eat. If we both want the same thing and we had a big breakfast or expect to have a big dinner, we will often share QS meal. If we don't have a TS scheduled or want different items, we don't.

I think or am planning on for some meals my DD13 and I splitting our meals with the little guys 5,6..
Thinking the pizza with salad options that kinda stuff

Do I share my meal? No Way. I don't care if it's my wife or my daughter, if they don't want to lose a finger or limb they are staying on their own plate. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Seriously, no we don't share our entrees. We often share our appetizers and partake together of each others desserts, but other than a bite to try an entree, no sharing. LOL

No. We're all big eaters - my 9 year old daughter eats like a teenage boy - and we each like to order our own thing. We don't do desserts, and I feel like we didn't do a lot of snacks either (probably because we were full from eating big lunches!). But I also don't think the entrees are as big as people make them out to be...either that, or we just REALLY like food! :)

I answered hardly ever but I would say we do a little less than half the time because we often get kids meals. (1 adult and 1 teenager). We have pretty different tastes so sharing isn’t always the best option.

DH and I are average eaters and we don't share. We generally always finish the entree and may leave a few fries, but I've never really thought the QS portions were any larger than any fast food restaurants out in the real world. When I went once with my Mom and Sister, we were able to share 2 meals for the 3 of us a couple times.

My husband and I rarely share, but will occasionally. The problem is that he's 6'5" and I'm only 5'4" (both at a healthy weight) and he literally needs to eat twice as many calories as me so it doesn't work well for us to share. If we happen to not be terribly hungry, we will share. I got a lot of kid's meals at quick service locations last time. We shared an entree at a couple of table service restaurants but also added on cups of soup, etc so it was a bit different than really splitting a meal. We aren't big snackers at WDW so we generally ate a quick service breakfast and lunch, and a table service dinner. I suppose if we wanted snacks during the day we could easily share a lot of meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter