• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you reuse your Magic Bands or get new ones?

twoplustwins

DIS Veteran
Just curious to know if people reuse their bands or get new ones each trip. Are there pros to reusing them?

We get new ones because there is an issue with our MDE account that prevents us from declining them for one person. We take several with and use them interchangeably.

I have reused before, just to save resources. I don't know of any pros, other than that. We go a lot and stay on property a lot, so we are offered them frequently. Each of us has at least two, though. It is really good in case someone loses a band (as both of my daughters have). That way, we can just pull the other out of my backpack without having to rush to guest services to make sure we have fastpasses/tickets, etc. If we lose one, we do report it to guest services and they deactivate it. Btu having an extra one with us makes it less urgent.

We reuse them, the ones we have are now 2 years old. We all have two, because we got another one free when we bought APs. We'll get more when we go down in a few weeks and get a new AP. We're going to get them since they're free and the "new" style.

I like the new thinner ones they came out with over a year ago, have 2 sets of those in different colors so have reused them. Not a fan of the new larger band, though I guess I could spend more Disney money and buy the key chain or something to move the center puck to. I don't wear a watch, so the newest style and the older thicker ones feel a bit off to me. Besides, I rotate the wrist I put them on every day to even out the tan line........................ That's another reason why I don't want to wear the new style as a wristband and will most likely will purchase something to transfer it to.

We have about a dozen bands now, have de-activated some, others we use to alternate colors. We do re use them, get new ones in different colors or to replace the really old ones that are starting to look a bit worn out, color fading. etc.

They're included with the stay so we take the new ones. We each have a number of different colours and are looking forward to mixing the pucks with different colour bands.

I tried to reuse mine but the people at the hotel told me it couldn't be done. (All star music 2 years ago)

We've been collecting all the colors. I like to coordinate with my outfits!
I've also seen pics of people who took a puck out and screwed in another color. Would be fun to have a green/red for Christmas etc.

I have four magic bands and I have been reusing them for the past few years. Unfortunately, it appears that the batteries on them have finally run our because on my last trip I didn't automatically get any ride photos. I'm not a fan of the new style bands so I think I will keep using my old ones even without the long range functionality.

We keep using the same ones. Disney offers us new ones every year when we renew our pass, but I just don't see the point. Seems kind of wasteful.

We've been collecting all the colors. I like to coordinate with my outfits!
I've also seen pics of people who took a puck out and screwed in another color. Would be fun to have a green/red for Christmas etc.

That's our plan for our December trip.

I'm getting new ones, because I don't know if my old ones still work, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

I find the 2.0 version more comfortable - the constant twirling of the band is fixed (at least on my wrist)

So, at this point I won't decline them.

And if Disney gave us a way to check the battery - I might be more willing to decline them. Combine that with new automated photos and videos that rely on the battery and have no tap-point option - they are making it less likely I will decline a magic band.

I kinda lost count, but I think I have 20. Early on, declining a band wasn't an option. Then they started sending luggage tags to match your band color, so I wanted to get the different luggage tags. Now they have new ones again. There have been about 3 times when my magic band has failed to open my room door, and every time they blame it on me having too many magic bands. If that were true, my band would never work. But sometimes it does, so I don't really understand what the problem is.

We reuse until they get icky. I'm pregnant and on our May trip used bug spray like it was going out style. It made both of our bands nasty. We have new ones coming for our June trip.

I do both I have about 35-40 MB and I will match one to my cloths or if I am going to say the MK I might wear my 45 aniversary one of if going to AK the pandora one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter