Do you prefer the Dolphin or the Swan?

sarha

<font color=darkcoral>Disneyland is a new experien
The Nurses Rate is available at both the Dolphin and the Swan for our June trip and I can't decide between them. I haven't stayed at either of them, and I was wondering if anyone who has could give me their thoughts.
My kids are older(14 &12) if that makes any difference.
I'd like to be able to conveniently walk to MGM or EPCOT also.
I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

You can walk to Epcot and MGM from both. The Swan is a little closer to the Boardwalk and Epcot and walkway to MGM...the boat to EPcot & MGM is located in between the 2 hotels. But to walk fromt he lobby of one to the lobby of the other is just a coupleof minutes to give you some perspective.
Personally I prefer the Dolphin.......I love the "WOW" of the big lobby and the fact that Tubbi's is in the Dolphin...the game room is in there too which your kids might like. But the Swan is smaller and more intimate, has queen beds instead of oversized doubles..
ah, decisions, decisions :).

You really can't go wrng with either IMHO ;)
Have fun!

I like the Swan best. It is quieter and the walk from your room to outside is not as long. The beds are slightly larger. Many people say they can not tell the difference, but I can. If you stay at club level you get to meet Momma T, and she will put a smile on your face each day when you go to the lounge.

On Deb's website -- www.wdwig.com -- it's stated that the Swan and Dolphin are undergoing renovations and the Swan renovation should be completed by this May and then the Dolphin reno will begin. I've read that the Dolphin is a little more kid oriented, but I'm thinking the renovations at the Swan might make it worth staying there.

I haven't stayed at either so does anyone who has have a comment?

Personally, I prefer the Swan. It seems quieter and I like the queen beds. I also like the shorter walk to the BW.
The Dolphin seems more active and noisy to me and IIRC, you have to walk to past the Swan to get to the BW and YC/BC area.

We just returned from the Swan & had a great time. We have also stayed at the Dolphin & that resort was wonderful, too. The new room decor & bed were very nice. One plus at the Swan is that they are the first bus stop on the Crescent Lake circuit. Another is that there are 2 sinks with mirrors-one in the bathroom & one just outside of it. This makes it much easier to get ready to go out. The walk to the main pool & Tubbi's is farther from the Swan, but it is not bad. We had pizza twice there this trip, as well as some excellent soup. You can't go wrong with either resort!

The Swan is lovely. While the Dolphin is also very nice, I tend to feel like I am walking into a mall when I enter the lobby of the Dolphin. The Swan is a bit calmer but close enough to the Dolphin that you can take the short walk over and enjoy all that the Dolphin has to offer.

Just another tid bit- Mama T and Denise are wonderful on the club level at the Swan and ironically the Disney Cast Members in the gift shop at the Swan are some of the nicest and most helpful Disney cast members we have ever encountered.

I like the Swan's bathroom set-up better (they call it a Hollywood Bath) and who wouldn't prefer a queen size bed over a double....but I still prefer the Dolphin more!

It's more festive and alive! It has more of the conveniences my family is looking for, and with two active boys, ages 12 and 13, being able to send them 'downstairs' to Tubbis and the arcade as opposed to outside and across the courtyard makes me more at ease letting them go by themselves. It also seems quicker getting to the Grotto Pool from the Dolphin as well.

I perfer the Dolphin. I like the king rooms with the covered balcony, every other floor has two balconies and that's just fun :)

There seem to be fewer small children at the Dolphin and while I love children, when I travel without children I like to travel <i>without</i> children ;)

Tubbis is there and I like being able to hop on the elevator and run to Tubbis. If you are at the Swan, Tubbis is nearby but you still have to leave your hotel to get there.

I love the lobby and in December I just love the tree and train there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter