• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you pack a rolling cooler...

sandiegosusie

DIS Veteran
Do you pack your rolling cooler or buy it when you near the port. I was thinking of buying it when we get down there the day before our cruise. Anyone know where I can find one? Does the local Target have them?

i will be using mine as luggage since sw allows you to check 3 bags, they have them everywhere, god luck

I was planning on packing one luggage with water and two bottles of liquor. Sister in law is planning on a rolling cooler that fits 60 cans - she will fill it with beer for her husband (mybrother) - my question is - can she put that cooler outside the room with a tag on it and then DCL bring it on board? or does she need to wheel it on herself?

I would not personally check any bag that has glass or canned beverages. Those are treated like any other luggage...which is not gently. It would be very easy for something to break or be opened when it is thrown or something is thrown onto it. That would mean that someone's bags would arrive at their stateroom needing to have all of their contents cleaned. Not a great way to start a cruise.

We used to take a carry-on small cooler, but hubby found a rolling Florida Gators cooler at the Super Target...so we used that this year. It was wonderful!!

Ginny

So do the majority wheel their cooler on or let the porter take it? :confused3

ETA: Oops, I see Lilygator's response and that makes sense! :thumbsup2 I guess we'll be toting it with us. Off to figure out how to lighten my carry-on load. :teeth:

Our rolling cooler was great, we hooked a bag around the extended handle and that was one less bag to carry. :)

Ginny

Been looking EVERYWHERE in the area for a rolling softside. Only found one (Titians) at Target and it was HUGE! There are small ones right? I think I have saw them before and they were nowhere near the size I saw today...it was just too big!

becca_n_wa said:
Been looking EVERYWHERE in the area for a rolling softside. Only found one (Titians) at Target and it was HUGE! There are small ones right? I think I have saw them before and they were nowhere near the size I saw today...it was just too big!

I found mine online at Target. 54 can soft side rolling cooler for about $30 plus shipping. What size are you looking for? Something smaller than that? When I got it, I didn't think it was huge but it does fit a 24 pack of water (I think it was .5 liters). I think I also have room for about 8-12 beers in addition to the water but haven't tested it out yet. ;)

ETA: I also found this. http://www.travel-coolers.com/

We carried it onto the plane with our day clothes and then stocked it up with goodies in FL, then packed our clothes from the last night into it for the return flight. My in-laws did the same with theirs. It worked out great.

if you are looking for a good deal check and post on the budget board, some of you might remember, i got my cooler for 10 bucks, i found a special online, i posted and of course, we sold them out, gotta love the dis, it is very cute and small like a piece of luggage

becca_n_wa said:

Looks like you and I are looking for the same thing. Please post if you find something. Thanks.

I found a great one on Disney Shopping website, but it doesn't seem like they carry them anymore. I got it for around $20. & it is a great size. Not really big, but not really small. I'm sure you will be able to find one just right for you! Just keep looking. :thumbsup2

I bought a rolling cooler at Costco's ... I was going to use it as carryon, however, with all the restrictions this summer, I checked it on the plan. I had plastic water bottles inside and snacks (in plastic bags just in case). Everything was fine. I'm off to the Med next July and plan to use it again as checked luggage. When I get to Barcelona, I'm going to pick up water there and roll it on the ship. I figure the extra space on the way home will come in real handy for souvenirs.

I searched all over and found one at our local sporting goods store, cheaper than Target online and did not have to pay for shipping.

I bought one at Costco too, but that was at the way beginning of summer! I don't think they have it anymore. It is a really nice one and I paid under $30. It folds really flat and is perfect for fitting in the suitcase. We use the softsided, rolling coolers a whole lot during the summer and I usually just buy a new one every year. I suggest for those of you cruising next summer to look at Costco in the spring/early summer, when they start getting their camping/beach stuff in.

Thanks all! I am getting one from travelcoolers.com. I think its larger than what I wanted but also looks like a good price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter