Do you need reservations to sit at the bar?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
Last minute 20th anniversary trip for DH and I. Cannot wait!! But, it's too late to get good dining reservations. Will restaurants allow us to sit at the bar without reservations? Mostly wondering about Disney Springs restaurants.

My daughter and I did this on our last trip. We ate at the tambu lounge, Nomad Lounge, Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge and Crews Cup Lounge. They all had limited menus but most of them (maybe all?) said we could order from the restaurant menu, too. The food was so much better than when we’ve eaten at the one credit restaurants on the dining plan. It ended up costing us less to eat than the dining plan, too. We only made two reservations the whole 9 days - one for Oga’s and one for our final day’s brunch. Best overall dining experience we’ve had in our 10+ Disneyworld trips.

ETA: Our only night at Disney Springs we walked into Jock Lindsay’s with no reservation. The Edison had a slight wait, but we told them we were just there for drinks so they let us go sit at the bar right away. The first thing the bartender told us was that he could get us anything from the full menu right at the bar.

Last edited:

As others said, no, you do not need reservations to sit at the bars. If you are interested in reservation at Disney Springs restaurants, you can also look on opentable for availability.

Does that include park restaurants that have a bar, such as Rose and Crown & 50's PTC? Or just ones that are only bars?

Would love to have the option of going to either of the above at night and sit at the bar for a few drinks and some appetizers.

Last edited:

Does that include park restaurants that have a bar, such as Rose and Crown & 50's PTC? Or just ones that are only bars?

Would love to have the option of going to either of the above at night and sit at the bar for a few drinks and some appetizers.
Last time I looked the bar at Rose & Crown had a small menu so you may want to checkout MDE or here at www.wdwinfo.com to see the menu. I believe you can get the full 50s PTC menu at the bar but depending on time of day getting a seat might be a wait.

OP - when are you going? I've often found availability within a day or two for some of the best restaurants on property.

Thanks for all the replies! We will be there the first weekend of February. I've seen some availability, but we are really looking forward to not having any set plans. I made reservations at Homecomin', but other than that, we want to be able to stop for an app and drink whenever we want. This trip is all about being full and tipsy all day long :).

No reservations required. IMHO the BEST way to do DW! Drinks and Apps-no stress. Great plan. Report back on your favorite experience. Enjoy!

There's very little seating at the Rose and Crown in the bar area (and none at the bar itself). No ADRs, but it can be very hard to get a seat.

There's very little seating at the Rose and Crown in the bar area (and none at the bar itself). No ADRs, but it can be very hard to get a seat.

This will be the case for most bars in restaurants (not the separate lounges). It’s first come first serve and you can’t count on getting a seat.

Last time I was at prime time I couldn’t even grab a drink while we waited as the bar crowd was three people deep.

But if your lucky enough to grab a seat it’s a great option.

I have eaten dinner at the Tune In Lounge bar a couple of times. It is full of families waiting for their ADR's, kids sitting at the bar taking up space. I hung around until that family was called and jumped in a seat.

I like the Yak & Yeti bar for dinner also, but it only has 6 seats. It's not usually very crowded.

We wanted to try Ohana bread pudding without having to book a table at Ohana then we discovered it was served at Tambu Lounge, so headed over and ordered it at the bar with a drink. Quick service, relaxed atmosphere and absolutely delicous.

We wanted to try Ohana bread pudding without having to book a table at Ohana then we discovered it was served at Tambu Lounge, so headed over and ordered it at the bar with a drink. Quick service, relaxed atmosphere and absolutely delicous.

The bread pudding recently doubled in price, though. 😠

We ate at the bar at Homecomin' on our last trip. It's just the two of us, but we had to wait about 20 minutes to be able to have a seat together. It was nice, but it was so crowded and it's a small space so we had people pressed up against us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter