Do you like your RV?

thats a nice camper setup there. I see the canoe on top of your truck . It was actually suggested for us to carry a golf cart on top of the roof of our truck since the 5th wheel wont allow it to be in the back of the truck. No way would we feel comfortable with a golf cart above our heads. LOL

We have 2 5ers. A 2004 Crossroads Cruiser 28BH.
1150122_794690130544332_1374199169_n.jpg

Bought this new when our DS was 6. He's 16 now. It's a bunkhouse. It is/was perfect for us. 1 slide so I could tow it with a F250, huge holding tanks and good insulation. We dry camp at races and having the holding capacity was a must. We have spent many week long vacations in it. Sadly, we haven't used it in 18 months.

We have a 2011 Heartland Cyclone 3950 with the race team.
1796655_794691820544163_9735139_n.jpg

It is a toy hauler with a 14 ft garage. It is just big enough to get our SpecMiata in it. The trailer is huge (44ft) and sleeps 9. It is great for race weekends where the whole team needs a place to eat, sleep and relax.

We also have a really big trailer for our other 2 cars. Some don't believe we have all this for the team, so here you go.
1618560_794690123877666_1363082782_n.jpg

22,000 lbs with both Mustangs and all our racing stuff.

Teamubr... WOW!

Why the bunkhouse? Is the Cyclone too big for camping at campgrounds? I saw a beautiful Road Warrior toyhauler at the RV show this past weekend, but I just couldn't imagine trying to fit it into one of our State Parks!

Teamubr... WOW!

Why the bunkhouse? Is the Cyclone too big for camping at campgrounds?
We have had the Cruiser since 04. Spent a lot of weeks at the Fort in it and at least 1 weekend a month at a state park around the Midwest. The race team just bought the Cyclone last winter after we added a 3rd race car to the team. We had the 48 ft 2 car hauler for our Mustangs and needed something to carry the Miata. Prior to the Cyclone we got 2-3 hotel rooms for each race. We figured getting a toy hauler was cheaper than the hotel rooms and we had to tow two trailers anyway. We are planning on adding a 4th car next winter. At that point we will probably sell everything at get a big Renegade Toterhome. Until then, what we have will work fine.

The Cyclone is too big for many public parks. We race outside Denver in July. I'm going to spend the next week camping in the mountains in the Cyclone. I was looking at Rocky Mountain State Park but all the campgrounds have a 30 ft limit. I've only found 2 campgrounds, both private, that will take "big rigs".

j

You definitley have lots of campers/trailers .Your cyclone looks about the size of our cardinal but ours is not a toy hauler, we preferred the furniture and living room set up and most of the toy haulers we looked at did not appease us but we still have managed to fit 8 people in it on one camping trip with the space available. Our girls are older so bunks were not anything we wanted because the girls felt them to be claustrophobic and the girls going away to college prompted us not to invest in areas that might be wasted later on. Oh what the heck heres a pic of how we fit everyone and theres still a king bed on the other end

I feel so out of place with our little mini van and Pop up lol! :sad:

Don't feel out of place think of all the savings in fuel and simplicity of it all. Thats what I wanted before we got this monster but I have a high maintanance family LOL(whom) I love but got to call it like I see it :love:

I would stay away from a toy hauler. You will definately be overweight by the time you put a golf cart in the back. Remember, your 15,200 weight limit is everything in the truck, the hitch, and the fiver and everything in it. That's one of the many reasons we bought a 40 ft diesel pusher. We've had a 33ft gas motor home and a fifth wheel too.

The one thing above all I love about our motor home is the built in dish washer!

Last summer we traded in our travel trailer for a Denali 5th wheel, which we haul with an F350 truck. We love the new RV and are so excited to be taking it to FW for 2 weeks in August with 2 of our sons, 1 daughter-in-law, and our grandson. It should be like the Clampetts taking a road trip:rotfl: We also own DVC, which our adult sons enjoy using when they are able to take trips.

I would stay away from a toy hauler. You will definately be overweight by the time you put a golf cart in the back. Remember, your 15,200 weight limit is everything in the truck, the hitch, and the fiver and everything in it. That's one of the many reasons we bought a 40 ft diesel pusher. We've had a 33ft gas motor home and a fifth wheel too.

The one thing above all I love about our motor home is the built in dish washer!

The dish washer, for real???? Everything I use in my MH is 'disposable' ALL the way except for the cooking pots and my favorite Disney coffee mug - not much cooking and very 'little' dish washing for us! ;) That's what vacation is to me! The one exception is when we camp in the Smoky Mtns., then we love to cook outside on the Coleman by the stream. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter