Do you like your boss?

I have two "on paper" bosses. They are both amazing and I am thankful to work for both of them. I said good bye to my 16 year old cocker spaniel on Monday and they both sent me flowers which was so kind and unexpected.

I support three doctor/physician scientists as well. They are all nice, but one has moments where I want to punch him in the face....actually, two of them are like that but for different reasons.

I like to believe I’m a decent boss. I’m not great with praise but reward with things like time off. But I’d give up supervising in a hot second. It’s exhausting.

ive made peace with my boss. He leaves me alone and trusts me so I overlook his numerous faults and ego. it could be worse.

sadly my favorite boss was very early in my career and no one else has ever compared. She just had a way of making you feel valued and rewarding hard workers. I wish I had her budget for my staff 😂

ive been lucky to only have one truly horrible boss. He eventually got fired so he got his karma.

I have two "on paper" bosses. They are both amazing and I am thankful to work for both of them. I said good bye to my 16 year old cocker spaniel on Monday and they both sent me flowers which was so kind and unexpected.

I support three doctor/physician scientists as well. They are all nice, but one has moments where I want to punch him in the face....actually, two of them are like that but for different reasons.
Sorry about your dog!! It was nice they sent you flowers.

Sorry about your dog!! It was nice they sent you flowers.

Thank you - it's been an incredibly difficult week - so many tears. I miss her so much. I should add that even one of my physician boss's sent me a kind text message saying how sorry he was to hear about my dog. Honestly, it's probably the kindest thing he has done in the 4 years I have supported him. He's just not a touchy feely personality, but he loves dogs so I know he cares.

Ive been in the same department for 20 years. My first director was walked out when I was only here a little over a year. She was bat spit crazy. Nice enough to me but a whack a doodle. The next director I had was by boss up until a month ago when she retired. It took a long time for her and I to find our groove but she was great. I felt quite lucky to have her - she was supportive of her staff, fought for them to a fault and protected them to a fault. She lifted her team up and listened. She was great. When she retired she put me under an assistant director who I have also worked with a long time. She is great, a hard worker and supports you. A bit of a micro manager at times but she leaves you alone. Our dept is reorganizing with our director gone. Who knows what will happen in the next couple of months is anyones guess.

Meh...depends on the day. He’s Very good at his career but an idiot as far as running a business. Has run multiple companies into bankruptcy but keeps starting new ones and convincing people to back him financially. He has no clue what it takes to run the office or manage personnel costs which is a large part of the finance problem. He also has a tendency to ask for large reports with no time to get them done right which if he’d take the office staff advice and implement certain procedures would take 5 minutes instead of 5 days. But he’s mostly hands off (I see him every other month and talk maybe once a week) so I have a lot of control of my time and workflow which is awesome.

My current boss - one of the best I've had in my career.

Helps make up for my previous boss. Worst one I've ever had, and my co-workers at the time all agreed.

Eh, mine's OK. I've had better, but I've had worse.

Like some others have said, he's been asked to take on more and more people so he's spread pretty thin. He asks for a "daily standup" of what you're working on (via Slack), and then I have a 1:1 for 15 minutes about once a month. I've had other bosses that I liked more or who took more personal interest in me/my work. I rarely interact with him, but when I've had an issue he has usually tried to help resolve it, so that's 'decent boss' material.

yes. She's more like a friend than a boss. in our line of work we have to work together closely in situations that are charged and stressful and it makes the job almost impossible when you are working with people who don't have your back.

At the moment I do not even have an "immediate supervisor"... the position is open. I really did like her though while she was there. Unfortunately, she recently left. I am worried about the replacement for sure.

We are now reporting to my former boss' boss. I guess he is OK, he doesn't really know what we do and he doesn't seem to take anything we say seriously or care about or opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter