Do you like to eat at full service

RubySlippers

DIS Veteran
sit down places when you are alone? Or do you prefer to eat at counter service style places? A friend and I were having a disscussion about this and we were wonding how others felt about it. Thanks

Rubyprincess:

I haven't been to WDW alone (yet!) so I'm basing my answer on how I feel in similar situations. I would probably eat most of my meals at counter service if I were alone, but not because I would feel uncomforable eating at a sit-down restaurant. It's just that when I'm at a sit-down restaurant, for me it's more about having a nice time with friends and family that it is about the food. If I were alone, I'd probably prefer to grab a quick bite and find a comfy seat where I could people watch! :D

I travel alone for work regularly and have gotten over the stigma of a "Table for One". Eating burgers and fries from convenience restaurants gets old quickly. I would much rather go to a "sit down" restaurant and order a low cal salad and a piece of grilled meat. When I eat fast food I feel I need to rush. Learning to dine alone is somewhat of an art. If I am not in a rush I usually let the waiter know in advance. I liesurely read the paper or a book to pass the time. Sometimes I am just so tired I just "ponder deep thought" or people watch.

Rachel
princess:

Have not been to Disney alone, but would love to do so someday. That being siad, I would definitely eat at sit down restaurants alone (not for every meal, but probably for dinner at night). I really enjoy eating alone from time to time. It allows me to focus on the meal and to people watch (which I love, especially at Disney).

Well, I've gone by myself if you will (I left the girls while they were cheerleading). And even if I am with people, I tend to like eating at counter service restaurants no matter what. I don't know if I like the idea of spending an hour waiting and eating. I kinda like to be on the go.

I do not mind dining alone and have done so at many of the WDW and non Disney restaurants. It is not something I would want to do all the time but at Disney it is sometimes more fun because I watch the kids having a good time or look at the details in the building and themeing instead of concentrating on the conversation with others.

I would do whatever I enjoy best. I had a few days alone once when accompanying my husband on business trip and enjoyed a couple of nice meals at favorite restaurants alone. I have to say I really enjoyed being by myself on these days, especially being at WDW where there is so much to do. Echo, that people watching is quite entertaining!

I have been to Disney about 6 times alone, and after about 4 times I can feel comfortable now doing sit-down alone, but I still prefer counter serve. I guess that's partly because for many years raising kids, we were always eating counter serve, so I guess I'm just a counter serve type of person. The only problem with counter serve is that if you forget something when you sit down (say a condiment, utensil, or something) you risk having your tray taken or losing your table if you get up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter