Do you like the turn-down chocolates on DCL?

How do you (and your family) feel about the chocolates on DCL?

• Love them! I wish we got more (and/or I request more)

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • They’re okay. We eat them here & there

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • We never or rarely eat them

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters
I wonder why Disney Cruise Line switched from Ghirardelli to Dove?
I assume it's partnerships. I believe Ghirardelli used to partner with Disney, they used to have a presence at the Food and wine festival in the Horizon building, giving out free caramel chocolate squares and selling chocolate squares.. Now you see Mars brand candies in the Main St confectionary goodies in Magic Kingdom and Dove chocolate is part of the Mars brand. I think it's a post COVID change.

I assume that it is whoever will "partner" with Disney to give the chocolates away for as close to free as possible. I'm not convinced Disney pays for the chocolates, or if they do it is a pittance.

Not a big fan. I think the Ghiradelli were better. But I prefer a darker chocolate. Regardless, we take them home and toss them in the fridge. I'll eat one every now and again. I usually end up throwing most of them away.

We bring them home and eat them later. Once in a while one or two pieces get eaten on a cruise.

When we did the Magic out of San Juan in May 2023 we had a full bag of them and at the airport waiting for our flight came some kids from our cruise.

I overheard one of the kids ask his mom if they had any more chocolate left from the cruise (which they didn’t).

I whipped out my stash and offered some to the kids! The look on their faces said it all and I knew I made the right decision. Happy to share with others and it allowed those kids to keep their cruise experience alive just a little bit longer.

My husband always eats his and I set mine aside for later. Oddly there are only a couple left when it’s time to pack them up… :rolleyes2

In all fairness though I’m as bad as a squirrel when it comes to stashing food away... Often if he doesn’t eat it I forget it’s there. ^^;

I’m curious about how much everyone likes the chocolates that are placed on the beds with turn-down service on Disney Cruises.
HEY all you people who don't like them or eat them tell your room steward to gift yours to a cabin who loves them!!!
I m sure someone could use some extra pixie dust magic.
I would sacrifice being forced to get more so others wouldn't have to complain about them.

I only like dark chocolate, and my family is indifferent, so they stack up in our room. On the transatlantic, we had a HUGE stash stuffed in the shoe organizer I had hanging on the wall.

After all the food at dinner and dessert and soft serve I can’t think about eating them. I’ll take soft serve over chocolate any day.

We take them home as well. I believe the current ones are Dove chocolate. They're much better than the 'Sleepy dwarf' no brand chocolate we had on our first DCL cruise in 2016. The 2018 ones were Ghirardelli. And our 2022 and 2023 were Dove
I loved the chocolates from 2011 and 2013. I don’t know when they changed but they just sit and nobody wants to eat them now anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are Giardelli chocolate back then they certainly aren’t now.

Have always not had them leave our cabin in original wrapper when on our DCL Cruises.

Our current cruise line of choice provides Venchi Chocolates that do come home.

I assume that it is whoever will "partner" with Disney to give the chocolates away for as close to free as possible. I'm not convinced Disney pays for the chocolates, or if they do it is a pittance.
I work closely with them as one of their vendors. Everyone assumes that Disney tries to squeeze every last bit of profit from their vendors and that is simply not true. Their demands are high, but they will pay a fair price.

Yes we like them.

We also take them home to eat later. It is kind of a way to remind my wife and I of the good time we had on the cruise. It is a little sad when they are all gone and makes us want to book another cruise.

One year our room steward must have noticed we were saving them. All of a sudden every night we were getting double the amount of chocolate he would normally leave.

We bring them home. The Dove ones are not as good as the Ghirardelli used to be.
I agree. We used to fight over the Ghirardelli ones and we eat them before the end of the cruise. The new ones are thrown in our carryons on the way home and eventually, some one eats them there...and a few times we forgot them in the drawer and no one was upset....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter