Do you like springs or Boardwalk better

Rlk1234

Earning My Ears
hi! Been to springs many time never Boardwalk...what do you like better and any must dos at the boardwalk?

There's really no comparison between the two. Disney Springs is a massive shopping, dining, and entertainment complex, and the Boardwalk is a resort with a few restaurants, a couple of shops, some entertainment and games, and a dance hall.

Don't get me wrong, the Boardwalk is a beautiful resort and a great place to hang out, walk, and get ice cream after visiting Epcot, and there are some really good restaurants there, but there's really no way to compare it to Disney Springs. They're completely different things.

Yep, two different animals and can't really be compared. Boardwalk is not really a destination, it's nice to go grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants and walk around but not somewhere you would make it a point to go to. Then again, I don't go to Disney Springs either, I can shop at the mall at home and can get any Disney related stuff I want in the parks and can eat at any of the parks or resorts.

Agreed, they really aren't comparable. DS has so much more to do, but that's not to say the Boardwalk is bad. It's just small. However, it's a neat place. DW and I splurged on our diet and got dessert at the Boardwalk Bakery and it was fantastic!! We then rented a surrey bike and rode around the loop that goes from the boardwalk to the Yacht/Beach club and had a great time. However, you can see the Boardwalk in a hour or so. It's nothing like DS at all.

The answer is entirely based on what you want to do that night/day. Do you want to shop and visit many stores, pop into some bar/lounges? Go to DS. Do you want to walk around at a more leisurely pace, have dinner at a restaurant and visit a bakery? Boardwalk.

Boardwalk, and Disney Springs are to completely different things. That being said, we have certainly spent more time, and had more fun at Disney Springs than we have at Boardwalk.

18 years ago, before I knew any better, my mom and I thought the Boardwalk was another shopping/entertainment destination like (at the time) Downtown Disney. I remember being on a bus and asking about going to the Boardwalk and the bus driver seemed confused. We got there somehow, and that's when we realized it was actually a resort.

That said, last year we went to Disney Springs and the only thing I liked about it was La Nouba (which is an understatement, I LOVED La Nouba!). The rest of it was just a crowded open-air shopping mall to me. Meh.

We didn't get to walk around at the Boardwalk last year. We took the boat from Epcot to Hollywood Studios, so we docked at the Boardwalk briefly and got to admire it from the boat. It's so pretty. I'd definitely like to visit it again or even stay there. I'd only visit Disney Springs again if I was staying at one of the resorts in that area and had some extra time to kill.

As someone who grew up on the boardwalk, was so excited when they built this ......

It's a wood walkway, that connects a few eats at the hotel. Small. It's a nice walk from Epcot to DHS. It's nothing I would go out of my way to.

In this context I think "Boardwalk" can refer to the whole area around that lagoon, rather than just to the hotel called "Boardwalk Inn". I prefer this area over Disney Springs because Disney Springs is way too large to the point where I seem to get lost every time and there are far too many stores and the whole thing is just overgrown. I like the Boardwalk area better because it is more leisurely and less chaotic. It's a great place to go for a scenic walk, and don't miss the Jellyrolls dueling piano bar.

I am looking forward to visiting the Boardwalk area in September. The last time I was there was almost 20 years ago. Somehow my husband and I accidentally walked right into Epcot at an unattended entrance and was wandering around England in the dark...I was panicking that we were going to get in trouble! Lol

I understand the sentiments about not comparing the two, but I see at least two posts that compared them while saying you can't compare them. You can! DS has more restaurants, shops, etc, than Boardwalk and generally offers more things, quality not withstanding. I wouldn't pick one over the other though, which is I think more akin to people's intended meanings. Personally I don't think of them for the same things, I think of the Boardwalk as a nice thing to cross between two other main attractions (DHS and Epcot) whereas DS I dedicate time to. That said, if they put a Jellyrolls at Springs I'd just about lose my mind with excitement.

Matt

Definitely Disney Springs.

Boardwalk isn't bad but not enough offered there. If you're staying at a boardwalk hotel then it's nice having it right there. But there's not enough draw to go there if you're not staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter