Do you know your IQ

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
nope, and I dont want to, not knowing I could still pretend that I am a genus, just not book smart

I know what it was when I was 6. I feel smarter now than I did then, but I've had a lot more adult beverages since then too. Not sure what it is now ;)

I know what it was when I was 6. I feel smarter now than I did then, but I've had a lot more adult beverages since then too. Not sure what it is now ;)

ahh them adult beverages are killers to the brain cells :crazy:

I had an IQ test when I was a kid, so I do know that score. The weird thing is that I took an online IQ test just for fun a couple of years ago and I got an identical score to the test I took as a kid.

Yes. But I wonder if our IQ actually increases with age. When my kids were in their teens, I was assured on a fairly regular basis that I didn't know ANYTHING!!!! and couldn't possibly understand anything either!!!!. Ten years later they are coming to me for advice on everything from childrearing to retirement planning and real estate. Huh.

don't know mine, but my DS was tested in 3rd grade,(teachers pushed for it, didn't expect to get the high number they were given lol) so I know his. I am fully convinced DS inherited his high IQ from me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

Yes. But I wonder if our IQ actually increases with age. When my kids were in their teens, I was assured on a fairly regular basis that I didn't know ANYTHING!!!! and couldn't possibly understand anything either!!!!. Ten years later they are coming to me for advice on everything from childrearing to retirement planning and real estate. Huh.

your IQ should always be the same, it isnt what you know but how you pick thing up (smart)

The theory is that IQ doesn't change, but I've seen the scores change. I've seen students not test at the requirement to get into the gifted program (IQ of 130), and then parents and/or teacher push for the test again one or two years later and the students qualify with the IQ changing by more than 10 points (went from 121 to 131 IQ). On the other end of the spectrum, another student was tested and his IQ came out at 83 which is in the low-average range. The requirement for an Intellectual Disability is an IQ of 70 or below. 18 months later his parents had him tested privately and his IQ was 60. So the district retested him again 6 months after that and his IQ was 55. The district had to use a different test. The testing validity allows for a +- of 3 points in either direction. I've seen this happen many times when kids don't qualify on either end and then later they do.

Last edited:
Yep, I do. I had an IQ test done senior year of high school. I'm assuming it is the same now (fingers crossed that I haven't LOST any points as time has passed! :rotfl:)

I know mine. I've taken two IQ tests and they came out within one point of each other. I like to go with the higher one!

I found out something interesting when my son, who has Asperger's, was tested in high school. The psychologist had to time his answers on each question. There were times when he got the correct answer to the question, but not within the time limit. Consequently, he couldn't get credit for those questions. The psychologist gave us the score, but said it was not an adequate measure of his intelligence. The test does not account for processing delays, which are common in people with autism and other conditions. Their brains can do the work, just not as fast. So, we really don't know his true IQ. We do know that he's extremely intelligent though! The school psychologist was working on his Ph.D. I suggested that his dissertation topic should be to develop IQ test guidelines for people with processing delays.

I know mine. Low-key, knowing your IQ doesn't stop you from passing yourself off as a genius - even to yourself ;). I'm not, but nobody has to know that.

I know mine from my senior year of high school. Hopefully it hasn't changed since then!

My parents had me tested when I was 8 years old. I got a score of 121 which is suppose to be in the above average intelligence range. I am happy that I got that score when I was 8 years old, but in real school there are still classes I do real well in and Math stuff I really have to work at to get good grades.

I was tested in elementary school but my parents refused to tell me what I scored... not sure if that meant it was good or bad! :laughing:

Yes, I was tested a few years ago. Not sure why the people who know aren't sharing but I will...138

Yes, I was tested a few years ago. Not sure why the people who know aren't sharing but I will...138

I know mine but I don't think it's appropriate to have a contest to see whose is the highest in any setting.
I was always (unfairly, I felt) held to a higher standard as a child than my sister 16 months younger. Our parents were fine with her barely passing. She had her IQ tested a few years ago and it's 145 (higher than mine) and our parents were shocked but I wasn't.

Where and how does everyone here get their iq tested? I always heard most tests were a scam or fake unless you're applying and being tested at mensa...

Yes- got tested multiple times in elementary school..... it's kind of a silly test since it doesn't really mean anything at all IRL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter