Do you have to use mobile ordering for all restaurants or can you just go and order in person?

eric8

Mouseketeer
We are heading down in September. It's been a while since we went. Do we have to mobile order our food ahead of time or can we just walk up and order? Such as Casey's hotdogs, Pinocchio Village Haus, Pecos Bill. Those types of restaurants

You can do either. I'm not aware of any counter service location that doesn't also have a cashier available for people to just walk up.

You don’t have to mobile order, but it will save you time if you can use it. We walked up to Pinnochio for lunch and got in the line to order at the counter. It was moving slowly, so I opened the app. I was able to get an immediate order window and placed out order while standing in the line. We found a table and got our food, while the people who had been in front of us were still four parties back from ordering. (Note you may not be able to get an immediate order window at peak times. This was at 11:30 am. When I tried to mobile order ice cream later, the order window was two hours out. )

The last time I had to have mobile order anywhere was at Satul'i Canteen in 2021. I don't know if they've changed. I'm a big fan of mobile order-last year, I ordered my Nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow by Mobile Order, and when I went to pick it up, the stand-by line was around 1/2 hour, while I went to the Mobile Order window, had one person in front of me. At Primo Platto, although I didn't hit the "I'm here!" button until I was in there, it was nice to be able to sit until my order was ready.

As of October, it varied. They still prefer you mobile order and I much prefer that.
Satu 'Li, was mobile only when we were there and they were turning away non mobile ordering.
I like ordering my food early in the day and picking my time to pick up.

I haven't seen it mandated as far as I know but I have no desire to go to the counter again, at least not in the parks. Mobil order is a game changer.

Mobile order is much faster. I also order ahead on my phone at home too. It's so much easier to park, walk into a restaurant, pick up my food and leave than wait in line to order and then wait for the food.

Disney was encouraging mobile order when they reopened after the covid shutdown as a way to help spread out the lines and enable social distancing. I don't believe it was ever 'required' but was 'encouraged' at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter