• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you HAVE to use mobile order?

Just don't let it get to you too much if it feels like there's a hurdle to get the chef to come out. You know you need them, so you aren't doing anything wrong. Plus there's a certain satisfaction in seeing a chef glance over the waitress with an expression of "why did you even question getting me?" Because they will understand and be wonderful about it.

Love it! Yes you are very right about that.

I went Aug 2021. It was very difficult without having your phone, especially an IPhone. All the apps drained my battery quickly (Samsung/Android). WDW gives top priority to Iphones and does not sell chargers/power banks for any other device. I rented a power bank at my resort (Contemporary), after being led on a wild goose chase on the monorail loop as to where I may be able to purchase one. Answer: nowhere. The rented one ($30) never made it over 10%.

All menus are now scanned to your phone. At QS, you can read a board and at TS you can ask for a paper menu, but expect an eye roll and long wait for one.

QS at the Contemporary last year was mobile only. Not sure if that was due to construction in the tower.
QS at Epcot, specifically Mexico, waas very very confusing when not ordering via the app. No real line to order at the counter and no way to call you when your order is ready. You need to keep asking.

I hated the whole thing! It made some pretty frustrating moments during my vacation, especially when all I wanted was a drink! Can't a girl get some water please?? !!!!!!

At WDW now. While many places are encouraging mobile ordering, I haven’t found anyplace this week that requires mobile ordering only. Most places that I have been to have had long lines to order in person and mobile ordering was faster.

We just got back. The only place that said I had to use it was Docking Bay 7 but I later saw people coming in and being handed menus to look at before ordering so maybe it was the time. Definitely check out the standby line. I had a mobile order at Aloha Isle and waited 20 mins to even be called into the line to pick up my order. In that time my sister had gone to get a Turkey leg, got into the standby line, ordered and eaten her dole whip before I got mine.

We just got back. The only place that said I had to use it was Docking Bay 7 but I later saw people coming in and being handed menus to look at before ordering so maybe it was the time. Definitely check out the standby line. I had a mobile order at Aloha Isle and waited 20 mins to even be called into the line to pick up my order. In that time my sister had gone to get a Turkey leg, got into the standby line, ordered and eaten her dole whip before I got mine.
I didn't have the best luck with mobile ordering last week when we were there. In almost all instances the standby lines were moving faster than what I was having to wait just for the app to tell me I could proceed to the pickup window. I was pretty ticked about that. I thought mobile ordering would be an expedited experience.

I hated the whole thing! It made some pretty frustrating moments during my vacation, especially when all I wanted was a drink! Can't a girl get some water please?? !!!!!!
How do you get a cup of water? Usually you can just go up to the counter and ask someone.

Not that easy at Disney! Barely anyone attending a counter anymore. But the water I was refering to was bottled.
We were there precovid in May and it was so hot they were making announcements over the loudspeakers telling people to get cups of water at any CS counter. I guess Chapek doesn't give out free water anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter