Do you have, or have you, a gun/guns in your home?

Do you have, or have you, a gun/guns in your home?

• Yes, I have a gun/guns

• Yes, I did, but not anymore

• No, I would never want any in my home

• No, but I might one day

• other, add any comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay...I want to make sure I'm understanding you. If a very nice police officer lived next door to you and owned guns - you would not be friends with him for that reason??

I'm not going to be hostile, but I'm not encouraging a friendship.

I would be polite and pleasant when I saw her or him outside. Beyond that, no, I would not want to be any friendlier, and I certainly would never set foot in his or her house, nor would I want them in my home. My children would not be allowed on their property ever.

Actually, I have a neighbor who is a cop. The guy is a horse's patoot, so the point is moot. But I do wave and say hello, but no, we aren't friends.

But I guess it would be ok if a Police Officer put his life on the line for you and your family. Say a break-in at your house,or a car jacking. And then that said person who you dislike and there evil hand gun saved you. Strange how people think. Im glad my neighbors and friends aren't so judgemental of my DH. Who is a Police Officer and a very nice man.

But I guess it would be ok if a Police Officer put his life on the line for you and your family. Say a break-in at your house,or a car jacking. And then that said person who you dislike and there evil hand gun saved you. Strange how people think. Im glad my neighbors and friends aren't so judgemental of my DH. Who is a Police Officer and a very nice man.

::yes:: It's sad that some people are so judgemental of those that put their lives on the line for them.

::yes:: It's sad that some people are so judgemental of those that put their lives on the line for them.

:thumbsup2

It's sad that some people are so judgemental of those that put their lives on the line for them.

Agreed...

Having been a child when my father came home after being injured on the job... or after he had been forced to use his weapon to protect his own life and civilians around him... having seen what it did to my mother and how much she worried...

Yea, it makes me sad.

Folks, don't waste your breath. You can't change people who already have their minds made up like that.... besides, that isn't the kind of friend (as a police officer's wife) that I would want.

You are welcome to see it as judgemental (and that sure sounds to me like you're being judgemental ;) )

I see it as a safety issue. I've had two family members accidently killed by supposedly safely stored guns. One was a five year old cousin who was killed at Christmas time. The owner of the gun was a policeman, btw. I don't trust anyone to "safely" store a gun, period.

I would be polite and pleasant when I saw her or him outside. Beyond that, no, I would not want to be any friendlier, and I certainly would never set foot in his or her house, nor would I want them in my home. My children would not be allowed on their property ever.

Actually, I have a neighbor who is a cop. The guy is a horse's patoot, so the point is moot. But I do wave and say hello, but no, we aren't friends.

I read your later explanation and I am sorry for your loss - but I am still finding it hard to comprehend this statement. I'm sorry that you would not come into my home because my DH has chosen a career where he places his life on the line every day. I'm also sorry that you would not welcome my family in your home because my DH has chosen a career where he places his life on the line every day for others. I'm sure he doesn't ask people whether they are opposed to him carrying a weapon when he is risking his life to save theirs. I'm sure these people don't care either.

Yes, we have a gun in our house. My DH is a deputy sheriff and must have a service weapon. It is locked as soon as he gets home. It is unloaded, taken apart, and locked. He is the only person with a key. People in law enforcement are better trained with their weapons and take extra precautions.

People in law enforcement are better trained with their weapons and take extra precautions.

Well, I'll tell that to my aunt, whose child was killed by the "safely stored" gun owned by a law enforcement officer. I'm sure she'll feel much better.

I wouldn't view your home as a safe place as long as it contains a gun. I'm sure you're a nice person, but I wouldn't bring my family into a place that I don't consider safe.

Well, I'll tell that to my aunt, whose child was killed by the "safely stored" gun owned by a law enforcement officer. I'm sure she'll feel much better.

I wouldn't view your home as a safe place as long as it contains a gun. I'm sure you're a nice person, but I wouldn't bring my family into a place that I don't consider safe.

I guess you better not be going to the mall, Walmart, Lowes, the grocery store, etc. I can assure you that many not so nice people are out there with guns. None of these places are safe. I also wonder if you ask every person that you meet whether or not they have weapons in their house -- more important - I wonder if they answer you honestly.

I had a friend that was stabbed to death. However I allow knives in my home and I allow my children in homes with knives.
I had freinds in highschool that were killed in car accidents, yet I own a car and have since I was 17, and I allow my kids in cars.

Using your logic I shouldn't allow my children to ride in cars or be in homes that have knives.

Although what your family has been through is horrible, would you consider a house with a swimming pool safe? More children die from drowning in swimming pools every year than accidental gun deaths.

I never understood this whole mindset of "My child is not going to your house if you have a gun" .

1) It is not something we advertise
2)Do you ask everyone?
3)If children are taught proper gun safety, they would know what to do if they found a gun/saw a gun.

I live in Louisiana, if I didnt allow DD to go to anyones house with a gun, she couldnt go to my parents, my grandparents, my sisters, my brothers, my friends, I could go on and on. We have taught her from a very young age about guns, what to do if she finds one, etc.

You know they have guns at walmart right? And people do carry handguns to the stores etc? You are so ademant about not going anywhere there is a gun, do you not leave your house?

And for all the cops out there, thank you for putting your life on the line to protect me, and well if you cant get here fast enough I have back up ;)

I had a friend that was stabbed to death. However I allow knives in my home and I allow my children in homes with knives.
I had freinds in highschool that were killed in car accidents, yet I own a car and have since I was 17, and I allow my kids in cars.

Using your logic I shouldn't allow my children to ride in cars or be in homes that have knives.

Although what your family has been through is horrible, would you consider a house with a swimming pool safe? More children die from drowning in swimming pools every year than accidental gun deaths.

:thumbsup2

And I guess it's not safe to go to people's houses if they have electricity, gas, or matches because of the possibility of electrocution, explosions, and fire.

I never understood this whole mindset of "My child is not going to your house if you have a gun" .

1) It is not something we advertise
2)Do you ask everyone?
3)If children are taught proper gun safety, they would know what to do if they found a gun/saw a gun.

I live in Louisiana, if I didnt allow DD to go to anyones house with a gun, she couldnt go to my parents, my grandparents, my sisters, my brothers, my friends, I could go on and on. We have taught her from a very young age about guns, what to do if she finds one, etc.

You know they have guns at walmart right? And people do carry handguns to the stores etc? You are so ademant about not going anywhere there is a gun, do you not leave your house?

And for all the cops out there, thank you for putting your life on the line to protect me, and well if you cant get here fast enough I have back up ;)

The gun law recently changed in GA. Those with concealed gun permits can now carry their guns into restaurants that serve alcohol (if I remember correctly it has passed but isn't in effect yet. I tried to find it on line but can't)
Boy you should hear the out cry. You would think that all of a sudden this has become the wild west and that any tom dick or harry can now arm themselves to the teeth.

The gun law recently changed in GA. Those with concealed gun permits can now carry their guns into restaurants that serve alcohol (if I remember correctly it has passed but isn't in effect yet. I tried to find it on line but can't)
Boy you should hear the out cry. You would think that all of a sudden this has become the wild west and that any tom dick or harry can now arm themselves to the teeth.

LOL my husband likes to do everything "big" around here. we have the big dogs (great danes), we have big guns, and if someone comes in my house they will get a big surprise.

Ask yourself this question, If someone came at you , and you had a gun, would you shoot them? If you hesitated, then the answer is you dont need a gun. Now my answer is Hell yeah, more than once if I have to.

:confused3 Knives can be very deadly too you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter