Do you have Disney reservations for the summer that you have not cancelled?

I turned 50 this past Saturday - social distancing. It is a bit depressing, although I did make sure we had cake.

My birthday trip was supposed to be to Italy March 12-25th, but that obviously didn't happen either.

I keep telling myself to be patient, the time will come...lol!
It will. Unfortunately the waiting is totally unfun.

We're in the UK and were due to hit Disney at the end of our vacation on July 26th for 10 days. Have today rescheduled our flights and other booked accommodation for July 2021 as we have resigned ourselves to the fact that this will not be over by then. So we miss our annual trip to AKL for another year... but hey, we are the lucky ones! So many people have died, so many loved ones lost.
Can I just ask did you book direct with Disney UK? Did you have free dining and if you did were you able to keep it for your 2021 trip? Thanks in advance :)

I have a mid-May that hasn't been canceled yet and a late August. Both booked because we had to cancel our March trip. Pretty sure May won't be happening, but I'm letting Disney do the canceling. I can't bring myself to do it and give up hope.

Early July as a rebook from March. Don't plan to cancel just yet but feel that it could be coming :(

I turned 50 this past Saturday - social distancing. It is a bit depressing, although I did make sure we had cake.

My birthday trip was supposed to be to Italy March 12-25th, but that obviously didn't happen either.

Just wanted to say I’m sorry! I turned 50 last October and spent it in Italy, best trip ever! I can’t imagine how disappointed I would have been had I been forced to cancel. 😔

Belated Happy Birthday. Definitely one to remember. I hope that you have an amazing time in Italy, when you eventually get there.

We cancelled a DCL for October and want to switch to Dapper Days at Disneyland. Their June dates are too soon for my liking, but November sounds good. Holding off to see what happens with re-openings. I have a nice sized Disney gift card that I'm just itching to use as soon as we feel comfortable traveling again. Happy planning everyone!

We have plans for very late August into Sept. I don't currently feel good about those plans, but we haven't cancelled them. We can wait right up to the last minute to cancel ours, so that's what we will likely due unless some sort of announcement is made to indicate that chances of going are absolutely zilch ahead of time.
Exactly the same...August 29th-September 5th trip planned and I am not expecting it to happen. Luckily I haven't told my 5 year old about this trip as she still hasn't gotten over the fact that we were supposed to be in Aulani as of Saturday.

Still living in "Fantasy Land' and holding out for my May 23-29 trip. IF Disney cancels it then I will reschedule something before Aug. 31 since that is when my points expire. I have two other trips booked -one Autumn and one Winter.

Since they canceled trips through May 9 last week and IF they cancel through May 16 this week then my trip could be canceled next week. I mean I really hope they don't cancel people who are booked for May 16.

In everyday life, I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer-so no changes there. Especially while traveling we use extra care. We keep anitbacterial wipes in our backpacks to wipe down tables and hands after touching door handles. We will take whatever precautions that they suggest if they do open for the summer.

We're booked for DL in August. I haven't cancelled yet but we're thinking of rescheduling for spring break 2021 now. Our Canadian resident tickets were extended to expire May 2021 I think so we're trying to get there before then. We also have San Diego zoo and Seaworld passes that expire this December so I'm not sure what's going to happen with those yet if we cancel.

We are rebooked for 6/5-6/12 from our March trip that was cancelled. I also have a third backup mid-July trip booked. This was supposed to be my twin daughters HS graduation trip. They have already lost our spring break Disney trip that had been planned for over a year, prom and probably graduation at this point, so if I can make this trip happen for them I will do it. If Disney is open we will likely go! We as a family have already said that if the attractions and dining are greatly reduced or they require masks in the park we will cancel and not reschedule (hate to give up that free dining but we are not wearing masks in 100 degree weather!). My kids are older so they are okay with no character meet and greets and we aren't big parade or fireworks people so if those are gone it's not a make or break for us. It's a shame because we won't be able to go again until possibly summer 2021 due to differing school/college schedules. We are not canceling anything until we get an official announcement from Disney.

I am a first grade teacher and my everyday life is germ prevention. I have always carried clorox wipes and hand sanitizer to the parks. My kids used to get embarrassed when I would wipe down the table and chairs at restaurants or the airline seat and trays with clorox wipes or made them use hand sanitizer after riding a ride. Now we probably won't be the only ones doing it!

We've decided to have a family meeting about any modifications if and when the time comes. We were able to get some really nice reductions in price for this trip that we will lose if we reschedule, (Just our transportation costs alone will jump about $1000.00 if we have to go June 2021 (our back-up plan) instead.) so I feel like we're personally not paying the most premium price for this particular trip, but I do get where you're coming from, which is why we'll put it up to a family vote in the future.

If I had some good discounts I'd probably still go even with a modified experience. Unfortunately, there were no discounts in place for our time frame.

We are scheduled for June 17-26. As long as pools are open we will go. What is giving me pause is the fact that DCF will most likely not give permission for our new foster son to travel. He is 14 and has only ever taken one vacation (a night at Great Wolf Lodge), so he was so excited to find out we are going to Disney and he could come.😔
If we have to reschedule, it would most likely be during the school year. In that case DCF would most likely not let him go then either.

We rescheduled our May trip to an extended 4th of July trip. We haven’t canceled that yet. We are also going in November for destination d. If we have to cancel July the November trip will become a longer trip.

I have a trip in October with my parents (age 80 and 75) and DH. We spoke yesterday and they still want to go to the Food and Wine Festival.
So we are booked!

Do you have Disney reservations for the summer that you have not cancelled?

We have a mid July reservation, and I am waffling about what to do.
I guess time will tell. It is booked through the Disney Travel Company, so has a 30 day cancellation policy.

A first time ever WDW FW stay in July that coincides with my 70th B-day. Have 5 days before reservation starts to cancel.

From an internet story today on blogmickey.com, it looks like DL may not open until the Fall, but still hope for WDW.

Speaking as an international tourist I don't think Americans need to worry about many of us visiting as we are worried about how badly controlled it is in America. The news coming out to us from there is awful.

Previously, Cancelled easter cruise & trip for DH & Me...this one with eldest DSs family, sigh

*us with GD turning double digits trip...August 7th cruise, then DVC-WLV for 6 days

includes 1st MNSSHP (tix purchased). Cruise final payment day last week in May, waiting for RCCL to cancel but not hopeful...will be out our NR deposit. DVC willing to let us cancel a month prior & bank our borrowed points, will ride that out, then decide

**Us with one of my adult children...Sept 26th AKVJ, then U HRH...do it up big fall trip, MNSSHP & HHN trip. Again, would need to cancel DVC portion a month early. Believe we have a good chance of trip. Don’t feel as positive about any sort of party, festivals, etc happening for some time.

***Us day after Thanksgiving...AKVJ again for Sea World & Disney Xmas festivities plus TBD onsite for a few days at U. Can’t really even bring myself to look that far out if truth be told.

Speaking as an international tourist I don't think Americans need to worry about many of us visiting as we are worried about how badly controlled it is in America. The news coming out to us from there is awful.
I plan to go on 30 June 2020 if the U.K. FCO advisory is lifted and the parks are open.
Arguably, no government has come out of this beyond reproach, and perhaps we should be careful when levelling criticism and remember that ‘those who live in glass houses should not throw stones’.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter