Do you have a medical marijuana card?

Thanks. What does CBD stand for? Is the oil form readily available and do you need a prescription for it? I was interested to hear about the potential for use by MS patients. I know several of them who would simply never, ever smoke pot (or smoke anything else either).

And we had a real dilemma a couple of years ago. My brother who was a mentally-disabled dependent adult died of cancer. At one point it was suggested that maybe medical marijuana would be useful as part of his comfort measures. We had no clue how to to get him to smoke it and no other delivery method was suggested. Blessedly, he was kept very comfortable with conventional pain meds but we would have like to be able to explore options had they become required.

I just made a post about this. You do not need a prescription, but all are not equal. Make sure to research the brand you take. I just bought some and actually took my first dose about two minutes ago.

I don't have one as they don't exist in my state, but a friend in California has one and said it was insanely easy to obtain and is fairly confidential.

Here marijuana is considered a class B drug and the only way to get it is to be in real need and for a doctor to prescribe it, a rare thing. It's so rare, most people think it's illegal, period. Of course you could break the law and grow your own or deal with a criminal, and the police probably won't bother with your actions, but I am at pains to stress that this is illegal.

Searched before making a new thread .... anyway going for mine next week ( in Florida) was never a teen pit smoker but after years of opioids I’m looking forward to trying a new way .. I will be using the THC products but it’s not any different then my medications so if I can get off some of the opioid poisons then going to give it a shot !

Searched before making a new thread .... anyway going for mine next week ( in Florida) was never a teen pit smoker but after years of opioids I’m looking forward to trying a new way .. I will be using the THC products but it’s not any different then my medications so if I can get off some of the opioid poisons then going to give it a shot !

If you don't mind me asking, would you mind sharing what Dr you are seeing? (if you live in the Orlando area). I need to set up my appointment. Let me know how it goes.

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about this but is the compound in pot that relives medical symptoms the same one that intoxicates? If not, why hasn't it bee made into pills just like countless other medications and therapies that were originally derived from plants? It just seems like that would make it so very much less controversial.

Back in 1987/88, my best friend had pancreatic/duodenal cancer. The cancer ended up infesting her spinal nerves. She was in agony; no, agony doesn't begin to describe her suffering. The doctors prescribed marinol, a pill containing delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active component of Cannabis sativa (marijuana), to help with her nausea and pain. This drug is approved by the FDA for two indications: chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting and anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS. The onset of action is 30 minutes to 1 hour, with peak effect at 2 – 4 hours. Seems easy. Take the pill, wait a bit, feel better. The problem is, this only works for people who have an intact digestive system. Anyone with any kind of digestive system cancer usually cannot consume anything orally, meaning Marinol is useless to them. In my friend's case, her entire small and large intestine were blocked, so even if she took a pill, her body couldn't absorb it. It got so bad that for the last 2 months of her life, she was hooked up to a nasogastric tube that pumped her saliva and digestive juices out of her stomach; there was just no place for them to go. It was AWFUL... but when she smoked pot, she could actually think, speak, smile. Marijuana worked to alleviate her nausea, pain, etc. Of course, it was SO illegal, and those who were supplying her with pot were jeopardizing themselves. None of us really cared, as long as she wasn't suffering as she died. Even the nurses on her hospital floor looked the other way. SO... as you might guess, after watching my friend die, I am 100% in support of medical marijuana... not oils, not extracts, not pills, but traditional pot.

Back in 1987/88, my best friend had pancreatic/duodenal cancer. The cancer ended up infesting her spinal nerves. She was in agony; no, agony doesn't begin to describe her suffering. The doctors prescribed marinol, a pill containing delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active component of Cannabis sativa (marijuana), to help with her nausea and pain. This drug is approved by the FDA for two indications: chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting and anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS. The onset of action is 30 minutes to 1 hour, with peak effect at 2 – 4 hours. Seems easy. Take the pill, wait a bit, feel better. The problem is, this only works for people who have an intact digestive system. Anyone with any kind of digestive system cancer usually cannot consume anything orally, meaning Marinol is useless to them. In my friend's case, her entire small and large intestine were blocked, so even if she took a pill, her body couldn't absorb it. It got so bad that for the last 2 months of her life, she was hooked up to a nasogastric tube that pumped her saliva and digestive juices out of her stomach; there was just no place for them to go. It was AWFUL... but when she smoked pot, she could actually think, speak, smile. Marijuana worked to alleviate her nausea, pain, etc. Of course, it was SO illegal, and those who were supplying her with pot were jeopardizing themselves. None of us really cared, as long as she wasn't suffering as she died. Even the nurses on her hospital floor looked the other way. SO... as you might guess, after watching my friend die, I am 100% in support of medical marijuana... not oils, not extracts, not pills, but traditional pot.
I'm certainly not opposed to medicinal use - not at all. I'm thinking though that many people won't or even can't smoke - I'm wondering how your friend managed it with her nasogastric tube. Anyone on oxygen couldn't and while I'm not criticizing it, I'm super-surprised your friend was permitted to smoke anything actually inside the hospital (gleaned from you comment about the nurses).

For the record, I am not a marijuana user and never have been, but, I have spoken to lot of people (over 50) who swear by it for their medical needs. You do not have to smoke it, there are drops. One person is my brother who has had a stroke and several heart blockages. He was on a truck load of prescription drugs before the marijuana and now has dropped several of them based on careful monitoring with his doctor

I'm certainly not opposed to medicinal use - not at all. I'm thinking though that many people won't or even can't smoke - I'm wondering how your friend managed it with her nasogastric tube. Anyone on oxygen couldn't and while I'm not criticizing it, I'm super-surprised your friend was permitted to smoke anything actually inside the hospital (gleaned from you comment about the nurses).

The n-g tube was used as a stomach pump, not for oxygen, so that wasn't an issue. It was also 30 years ago, and public places weren't necessarily non-smoking. I think the nurses understood that smoking pot was the only option for her- she couldn't manage the pills at all, and there wasn't a sublingual form available at the time. They also knew that she was in unspeakable pain most of the time, despite the narcotics and alcohol blocks embedded in her back. I was just commenting because you'd asked about pill-form, to explain that yes, it does exist, but why it's not an option for all patients.

I was in Venice Beach, California, earlier this afternoon. There must be half a dozen "Medical Marijuana Evaluation" shops along Ocean Front Walk. They've been there for years. From what I understand, they're pretty much a ripoff or scam. Yes, the doctor's evaluation costs (starts at) $40. But then there are extra charges for a license, the actual card, etc. And I don't think they actually dispense the product. You need to go elsewhere and pay to obtain it.

Any place that has shills or touts outside should raise red flags. Buyer beware. There are legitimate places for those interested.

The-Green-Doctors-Venice-Beach.jpg

4997658-Medicinal-_Marijuana_for_sale_on_Venice_Beach-0.jpg
cff4701f5de21aa5026034d6a7dc68d5--venice-beach-california-california-love.jpg

kushdoctor-raided.jpg

That totally looks like legit medicine to me.

That’s why it’s importent to go to a state certificate dr , I made sure to get a legit drs name from my regular dr , and no the drs do not dispense the product.. they give a “ recommendation “ not a RX and you take that “ recommendation “ to a dispensary to buy the products . The dr only gives a recommendation but you are ultimately the decision maker on what you buy at the dispensary. The only thing the state controls is the amounts you can buy in a 70 day period , not yet type ( strain ) you choose to use . I will most likely choose a higher THC product simply because I am trying to lower my use of opioids so will need something that works equally or similar.
I have never been a user so I will ask plenty of questions .

Also those are not technically scams , they can charge whatever price they can get ( I am having to pay 250.00 for my appt ) and it’s a separate fee that goes to the state of 75.00 for your card then you have to go to a dispensary to buy your products , that’s a normal routine.

Too bad doctors in most states can't cut back on the opioids and prescribe marijuana instead.

Does it really help that much with pain? I used CBD oil and it does help with pain, but not as much as an opioid.

Last edited:
Does it really help that much with pain? I used CBD oil and it does help with pain, but not as much as an opioid.

From what I’m told from several people it does , even my dr who just got over a illness ( he doesn’t do the cards ) said he was in 100% support of it and he has many patients that have either cut way down on meds or been able to completely stop them .

I have never been a recreational user of it myself although I don’t have any objection to that being used in that way also .. it sure would cut down on RX overdose.. but I am in a point in my life where I would definitely try it ... if I already knew 100% it worked I would have no problem saying I would have used it anyway regardless of the new laws . I just can’t take the opioids any longer .. they are awful .

If you have been on opioids I don’t think a plain CBD will be very helpful with pain .

Oh, I'm not. I mean I was on them years ago for about six weeks for a back problem, and then again a time or two for kidney stones and a tooth abscess. Mostly I just have some minor back and knee pains and the CBD oil does help with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter