Do you have a "Disney Friend?"

My husband gets tired of going to WDW so I have several "disney friends". One of my disney friends and I just took a girls trip to Disneyland. We both knew our husband's wouldn't enjoy or appreciate Disneyland as much as we would so we went together. You can never have too many "disney friends".

Yup, my best friend from college. Usually we pick someone up along the way. This time it's her Mom. Last time it was my best friend from High School.

DH goes each trip likes but still doesn't love and doesn't always go to parks.
DS18 is Disney Friend. Graduates 6/11, :cheer2: plans of college then last week tells me wants to go to Air Force. Even though proud of him, realize he is growing up and has to pursue his life goals. My Disney Friend won't be around :sad1:!
Maybe will meet somes new friends on DIS to get together with!

Yes!! I have several. We met here and have been taking annual trips together since 2006...

LOVE my Disney Friends!! We have all become every day friends...throwing baby showers for each other (long distance), Christmas card swaps, phone calls and driving to see each other along our way to Disney!

Love my CIF'S :grouphug:

My sister is my Disney buddy. We have both gone to WDW and done Disney cruises together without my DH. She loves to travel anywhere, and the three of us have gone on a number of trips together, too.

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

Right now my Disney friend is my DS14. My DH doesn't like to go. Thinks there are to many people (and we go in sept):rotfl2: I don't think I will ever get him to go back again!! I don't know what I will do when DS grows up and moves out:confused3 hopefully he will still want to go with me each year!!:love: I guess I can start to take DGS1 with me each year and create another obsessed disney fan!!!:banana:

Luckily my Disney Friend is my DH. He's not quite as obsessed with the planning part, but he's all for it once we get there! We both plan on trying to get jobs @ Disney after we finish graduate school (DH wants to be an Imagineer, me I just want to get out of Indiana :rotfl: )

I have a Disney friend! Though we have not been to Disney together yet, she is someone who I can talk for a full hour about dining reservations without either of us getting tired of it. We plan on taking both of our families there together sometime. Our kids are too young for us to really hurry off on our own (we each have 3 - our DH's would kills us!) Someday...

I don't have 1 single Disney friend, but I've gotten a few people in to it...though not to the crazy nut point like I am. :laughing:

I went twice my Grandmother last year. Trips with her are relaxing because we take it slow. It's also very nostalgic for us because we took family trips when I was little, so we'll spend half the trip going "Do you remember when...."

I have a travel buddy that I've been to France and Italy with, and was able to talk him in to Disney last year. I guess he really enjoyed it because we're planning again for December!

I've also got my best friend and her husband in to Disney now too. They went with me in March and will join my December trip for half the time too!

So find several Disney buddies and that way you'll always have someone to go with!

I wish I had one. I'm sure I drive everyone crazy when I get to talking about it...

While my DBF loves Disney and was even a CM back in college, that's pretty much why he's sick of it for now (especially after going 2 years in a row with me). My best friend likes Disney things and does want to go back, but doesn't obsess over it that I know of. And there's always that chance that whenever we are able to go together, there's no guarantee she'd want/be able to go back the following year.

I have a good friend who is my Disney buddy. We love to talk about Disney together! In fact we are getting together for lunch tomorrow and you guessed it we will be talking about Disney!:)

I usually go to WDW solo, and I prefer it that way. Like Dan, I get together with other DIS friends, as well as some local Off Kilter fans.

Me too! Hey, NancyIL, maybe we'll meet up some day! DH and I go to WDW every year or two. That's enough for him. But my WDW "habit" demands I go much more often than that, so in between those trips, I usually take 2 or 3 solo trips. I've met up with lots of wonderful people from this and other boards-actually I've never met a DIS person at WDW that I didn't like. It's really lots of fun.

I enjoy going with lots of people! I've met Dan and Simba's Mom. There's a group on the Exchange board who are planning to go in December 2011. If anyone is interested in Exchanges, come join us!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes! I have a disney friend! My husband does not get the "magic"at all! He actually hates it!!! I can't get enough! I have a good friend and she loves it too. Her husband likes it, they are actually DVC members but it's not enough for her. Plus when we go it's two worn down mom's of teenagers and we appreciate each others company. We truly understand how the other loves the "magic". We try to go each fall for 5 days or so. This year we went in the fall AND in the spring. We had the kids with us in the spring for cheerleading worlds but we let them do their own thing much of the time.

I can't wait till Oct when we go back again! :)

Yes! I have a disney friend! My husband does not get the "magic"at all! He actually hates it!!! I can't get enough! I have a good friend and she loves it too. Her husband likes it, they are actually DVC members but it's not enough for her. Plus when we go it's two worn down mom's of teenagers and we appreciate each others company. We truly understand how the other loves the "magic". We try to go each fall for 5 days or so. This year we went in the fall AND in the spring. We had the kids with us in the spring for cheerleading worlds but we let them do their own thing much of the time.

I can't wait till Oct when we go back again! :)

I have a "Disney friend" :goodvibes

She lives in AZ, and I live in WA but we meet in WDW to get our fix. Other people just don't get it (but I know all of you do!). We've got a everyother year pattern going on. DFiance can only handle about once every two years. I took my Mom in Jan, who BTW thought I was CRAZY for loving WDW, and I think I may have a new Disney friend if you KWIM.

So yes, I do have a "Disney Friend" who is not family and not from the boards and I'm proud of it :thumbsup2

My cousin is my Disney buddy. My husband could care less about going to WDW. My cousin has been going with me for about 10 years. I don't think she'll be going much longer though because her knees are getting worse and she won't have knee replacement surgery.

My DH loves Disney almost as much as I do, but I'm still going to get to go with a friend of mine. I'm sure if we both could afford it, we'd go at least once a year together lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter