• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you guys decorate for fall?

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
With our cool fall temps I was in the mood to put my fall decorations out last weekend. I still don't have as much as I want but I'm working on it.

My goal this weekend is to finish decorating a fall grapevine wreath that I'm going to hang above my fireplace.

I love fall colors so I love putting out pumpkins (ceramic and real) and flower arrangements with fall leaves in them.

Does anyone else decorate for fall or Halloween?

Tamie

Well my mother likes wreaths so we have different wreathes for different seasons/holidays. So right now we have a fall wreath hanging on our door. And for Halloween, we usually have these Halloween picture thingies in the window, pumpkins on the steps, and a Halloween flag.

You've got me chuckling. I drive DH crazy with my decorationg. I decorate for everything. Right now I have American flags in all my windows with electric candles lite under them. I have a fall wreath an both the back and fron doors. I have a fall leaf vine winding down the stair case.

Any change of season is an excuse to decorate!!! I have autumn inspired cloth that I swag everywhere and accent with pupmkins, nuts, vines, gords, squash, even tree branches! In the front yard we do hay bales, corn shocks, pumpkins, a scarecrow, ferns, and mums. The kids really enjoy it - nothing scarey.

Nope not me. I am not very domestic though so it'd not really a surprise to anyone that knows me.

I DO decorate for Halloween... a few pumpkins, maybe a witch cut out on the front door (CLASSY I know), and candy corn in the candy dish:):):)

I decorated last weekend!! The sky was blue and the weather was crisp so I went out and bought a bale of straw, pumpkin, scarecrow, and mums!! Assemble all of that under a tree n the front yard. Then, put the wreath on the front door and one on the patio. This weekend it'll be time for the inside. Fortunately, most of the decorations can stay up through Thanksgiving with a little adjusting here and there!

I love this time of the year!!! :D

TK

I live in an apartment with 2 college guys so my attempts at decorating for anything are always met with, why do you have to make this place so girlie?!?!? I just ignore them though and go to the Christmas Tree Store and go crazy, they have decorations for EVERY holiday and season!!

I love Fall, so I decorate! I have a bunch of corn stalks to either side of the steps on the porche, and bunches of tree branches with different colored leaves strung with little white lites to either side of the door. And, of course, I have pots of mums and pumpkins here and there. But the dog likes to 'chase' the smaller pumpkins so I had to move things around a bit ;) !

I usually do....but this year my house is adorned in red/white/blue - flags, door wreath and yard sign. With a Marine Corp windsock thrown in for good measure. As soon as dear son is deployed....my trees will be wrapped with yellow ribbons.

Yep!! :D I put out my Halloween decorations last weekend. DH thinks I'm crazy because no one sees it but us, but it makes me happy! I changed it up a bit this year. Normally I decorate generally for the fall, and then add a few Halloween items during October and then throw in a few turkeys for Thanksgiving. This year, I decided to go all out for Halloween! It's been lots of fun.

I usually do - but I am thinking it will wait a bit this year - as our weather is still very SUMMER like around here. It will turn eventually - and then the mood will strike to change the decor! I dread digging into the closet to find my seasonal decorations though. :rolleyes:

I've started changing some of my decor for fall. New throw pillows, floor mats, new candles, putting away the sunny yellows and replacing them with cranberry and green accents. I'm still looking for a couple of inexpensive "fallish" new pictures.

Although I'm not looking forward to winter, it's been kind of fun cozying things up a bit. :) (I think I just made up a new word!)

Kim :)

I am not much of a decorator, but I do decorate a little. I put my items out last night.

I don't decorate for "fall", especially in FL. But I do a lot outside for halloween. We have large orange 'Christmas' lights that line the walkway, as well as mini orange lights for all the bushes by the front door and walkway. It's really neat and emits a cool "glow". I also made tombstones for the front lawn. And of course on Halloween night the scary music is playing.

I've put a fall wreath on the front door.

I've got a couple of scarecrows and artificial pumpkins waiting in the garage -- this weekend I'm going to get a couple of bales of straw, some mums, and maybe a few gourds to go with them.

In a couple of weeks we'll add the Halloween goodies. I have a stuffed jack-o-lantern with blinking eyes that fits in the center of the door wreath. And a couple of painted cast iron decorated pumpkins for the front steps.

So far I only have a fall wreath up. I'm going out later today to buy a few Fall/Halloween things. DH cleaned out the garage this summer and threw out some of my decorations. :rolleyes:

Hey Kim, where did you find this one from last year? What was your search? I like seeing old threads like this pop up again, it's fun. :)

Wish I could decorate more, especially outside. I would love some mums or fall plants, but we seem to have an insect/ant problem with our front stoop/steps, and plants only attract them.

But what I can do, is put a Halloween Door Knocker up on my front door, put an autumn table cloth on my dining room table and have ceramic pumpkins on my side board (filled with yummy chocolate truffle Yankee Candles).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter