Do you get your fur babies Christmas presents?

I try but they're (5 cats) not really into toys anymore and they already get treats on a regular basis...they also already have a bunch of beds and blankets. Soooo yeah they're spoiled year-round making it hard to get anything particularly special for Christmas. I just make it a point to give them each a Fancy Feast Appetizer on Christmas Day.

Yes we always get them each a new toy, we help them unwrap it though. I’m afraid if it taught/encouraged them to do it they would try to unwrap all the ones under the tree.

Good Lord...I just had this conversation with my DS yesterday. He wanted to know what I was getting the (his) dog. Um, nothing. It's a dog. DS seemed dismayed but he's welcome to spend as much of his own money as he pleased buying presents for him. :dogdance:

Of course. I even get my sister‘s dog a toy too (it is expected). As a child I enjoyed crafting and made all the family pets their own mini stockings to hang on the mantle with my own.

Nope. The cat gets nothing.

But I'll feed her and give her fresh water. ;)
My daughters do that for their dogs and expect something from me for them. When they can say thank you, I might. Seriously though they are expecting me to give them something all wrapped with bows, etc. What do you get an animal that already has food, shelter and affection. I default to Milk Bones. They already have to much jewelry. :confused3 :)

Mine's an ingrate. She literally will bite (nip) the hand that feeds her... so, food, shelter and affection is all she deserves. And gets.

She's not much into toys anyway. And won't eat anything but her regular dry food. Works for me!

Our dog will get his stocking filled with a couple bags of treats and new toy. He gets so excited every year when we unpack his stocking and hang it up ❤️

Mine's an ingrate. She literally will bite (nip) the hand that feeds her... so, food, shelter and affection is all she deserves. And gets.

She's not much into toys anyway. And won't eat anything but her regular dry food. Works for me!
One of my daughters has a Jack Russell. For some reason he always greets me, and me only as a family member, with angry barking and growling. Then after minutes of psychotic behavior he will stop and come up to me and beg for treats. Personally I think he is possessed and requires a doggie exorcism.

Old dog loved Christmas opening stuff.
New dog could care less and never ever played with a toy. So we stopped as there is absolutely nothing to get her.

Both great dogs but so different sometimes.

Yes we always get them each a new toy, we help them unwrap it though. I’m afraid if it taught/encouraged them to do it they would try to unwrap all the ones under the tree.
Believe it or not, our dog has figured out which presents are his and which ones are human’s. He loves unwrapping presents (and then promptly destroying the toy 🤨)

Believe it or not, our dog has figured out which presents are his and which ones are human’s. He loves unwrapping presents (and then promptly destroying the toy 🤨)
Mine also destroy toys in about 24 hours and then they play with the empty shells for a while til they get gross and I throw them away. One of the more recent toy sets I got from chewy included a small latex unicorn squeak toy. My two dogs love that one so much a treat it like their baby and are so gentle with it. When we squeeze it they come running like concerned moms to check out what we have done to it. Any other toy and it would have easily had its head or tail chewed off. They slobber it up and I will wash it for them while they watch me the whole time til I give it back to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter