Do you get wet on Kali?

My family and I will be first timers at DW during the middle of November:) Not sure if Kali is the kind of ride where one gets wet/drenched or is it like Small World where you're in water but don't get wet at all??? Also, would you recommend riding it in November???

Thanks for your responses:)

A complete drenching is possible.

Most likely everyone will get wet to some degree.

I would not do it in temps less than 70 degrees but prefer no less than 80.

Don't wear jeans. Because you will be quite chilly that evening of not the rest of the day.

In my 10 years of living in Florida--most of Novemeber is typically on the warm side. I remember on Thanksgiving at home in Melbourne--we were roasting as much as the turkey. ;-)

But some can be on the chilly side. So monitor weather, avoid wearing denim and plan to ride if you feel it will be warm enough.

You will get soaked 50% of the time. The other 50% you will be moderately wet. You will not come out dry. Anyone who says otherwise is pulling your chain.

Also, I don't understand why people wear ponchos on water rides. Unless it's really cold out... I don't get it.

Ponchos and sandals, that is the ticket. Last week people were making fun of us as we donned our ponchos in line...'oh it's hot, it will feel good, you are wimps, etc.'....walking around in wet clothing, wet down to your underwear is NOT my idea of a good time. That being said, put on the ponchos, seal it by tucking it in around your legs and bottom, and have a blast, we love this ride and it's a must do for us. We laugh in our dry clothes as we get off :cool1: and everyone is DRENCHED, and you will more than likely get drenched!

On our first trip in 2007, my wife got soaked, while I don't remember getting particularly wet at all.

On our second trip in 2009, my wife didn't ride (remembering her previous experience), while my son and I got completely drenched. I had to buy a pair of shorts (actually a brand-new dry bathing suit) for my son and myself so that we could go to dinner at Jiko afterwards. (Fortunately, I had spare polo shirts for us in a backpack.)

Ever since then, we bring a bathing suit to change into for this ride. This practice paid off for us on our last trip. We got completely drenched (and cheered when it happened due to the heat). On the other hand, the fully dressed lady next to us did not look nearly as happy... ;)

Sitting in Yak and Yeti right now after two trips in Kali! Soaking wet, freezing cold and very happy!! Of course, it's HOT today ... So we can't complain. There are 7 of us and no seat escaped the drenching!!

I'm going to disagree with a few people here. There is a chance you may get off the ride only slightly damp. Of course you could also end up looking like a drowned rat. But, is that a chance you're willing to take. In general, I like water rides but I don't like Kali. It's not nearly as good as Grizzly River Run at DCA or Popeye at IOA. At IOA especially, I tend to power ride the water ride for an afternoon (I tend to travel in the winter) before heading back to change clothes.

One of my fondest Disney memories is my Dad getting stuck under one of the waterfalls on Kali. It was hilarious. He was so sure he wouldn't get wet, and then he got SOAKED to the bone. He was also facing backwards going over one of the big drops. He could not have been wetter if he swam the whole thing.

He has since passed away and I love remembering him sitting under that waterfall.

Saw the title of this thread and laughed out loud. Yes! You get wet. In fact, I got completely soaked to where I had to go back to the hotel to change. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a few splashes. But if you're the unlucky one, you're toast.

Saw the title of this thread and laughed out loud. Yes! You get wet. In fact, I got completely soaked to where I had to go back to the hotel to change. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a few splashes. But if you're the unlucky one, you're toast.

My thoughts exactly. I have only been on it once, but got soaked. Prepare to get wet and thank the heavens if you escape unscathed :)

My family and I will be first timers at DW during the middle of November:) Not sure if Kali is the kind of ride where one gets wet/drenched or is it like Small World where you're in water but don't get wet at all??? Also, would you recommend riding it in November???

Thanks for your responses:)

Oh, yes, you get 'soaked'!! Once was enough for us years ago. Depending on the weather in Nov. at the time, you might want to rethink this ride!!

I haven't gone on this ride in YEARS so I don't remember my personal experiences with it. But I'm definitely going on when I go to WDW in a couple of weeks. I hope I don't get *too* soaked, but what's the point in riding Kali if you don't get at least a little wet???

I'm definitely going to bring a change of clothes though, just in case ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter