Do you get Magicbands with a Premium Site and Park Hopper Tickets

mom2aprincessandaprince

Earning My Ears
We haven't been to Disney World since the introduction of Magic Bands. We have been many times but in recent years have been going to Disneyland. Any info on how the Magicbands work would be appreciated and if you receive them when you stay at Fort Wilderness Campground.

You get MB's when you schedule a stay at the Fort or anywhere else in a WDW resort.

Make your reservation for the Fort.

Then go to My Disney Experience (MDE) and create an account for your family. Put your Fort reservation number in MDE. You identify each member of the family and can customize their MB (color, name, etc.).

You can buy tickets through MDE so their serial numbers are linked automatically with your reservation. Or buy them from a vendor and load the individual ticket serial numbers into MDE.

Once you have tickets loaded I believe you can make your FastPass+ appointments up to some ridiculous time like 3 or 6 months in advance.

You can make Advanced Dining Reservations (ADR's) through MDE as well which get linked to your reservation beginning at 180 days in advance.

MB will ship to you about 30 days in advance of arrival. You can allow the MB to be linked to a credit card number you provide so that it's too damn easy to spend money on vacation. At 30 days you can also do your advance check-in for the Fort to shorten the time when you physically arrive. You can request a loop or a feature for a site (close to a bus stop, close to a comfort station, etc.).

I hate being forced to buy tickets in advance and also hate the feeling like I have to plan way in advance what day/what park/where to eat. I did it the first time with MB's but I might wing it next time around and go back to my "night before" planning.

That's it in a nutshell.

Bama Ed

PS - there are sensors at the park turnstiles, FP lines, doors to Comfort stations, all over. Where you used to get a resort card, now you have your MB scanned...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter