Do you find a certain stigma attached to booking a Value Resort?

As part of a family of 5, a basic room at a Value isn't big enough. And when you double the price, or price out the suites, the Deluxes just seem like a better value for my family.

But in order for there to be a "stigma" you have to:
1. Tell someone where you're staying.
2. Care about their opinion.

I have no issue with #1-- we love talking about upcoming vacations, whether it be to WDW or elsewhere.

But the people in my life aren't the type to judge us on our choices. We do what's right for us. And the people we love and care about are good with that. As to the opinions of others, I couldn't care less.

With all due respect that's your opinion. I have mine. You have yours. See how that works?

Too packed for anyone who doesn't want their face implanted in someone else's armpit or the backs of their shoes being stepped on while holding on during a 50 mph bus ride? Yes I suppose.

My experience was packed buses with drivers telling people to continue to move back further and further. People were standing and packed in tight.

I have never been on a packed deluxe bus. I've never even seen one. Deluxe resorts are smaller and most have one other form of transportation. The math doesn't add up.

Stating the buses are dangerously packed is not an opinion. It is stating a fact, even if it is one that is not correct. You can find the buses uncomfortably packed, and few would argue with you. The buses work for some guests, and some would rather drive themselves. As minnie mum pointed out, the buses would not be allowed to operate the way that they do if it was indeed dangerous.

Also, the math does add up to packed deluxe buses. Deluxe resort share buses with other deluxe resorts. So if you are taking a bus from an Epcot area resort to the Magic Kingdom, odds are you will make a couple stops at other Epcot area resorts before going on your way. The shared buses, and how packed they are, is one thing that has kept me away from another stay at the Beach Club.

In line for buses sometimes I am envious of people going to deluxe resorts but that's it. We just got back from Grand Californian and are planning a stay at the All Stars next. Do what works for your family and trip.

I am happy to stay at Pop or any of the All Stars because it means that I am at Disney, and that's all that matters. :lovestruc

If there is or isn't doesn't matter unless it matters to you.

We have stayed at the Contemporary CL, and we have stayed at POP!, we loved both. I didn't feel there was any stigma whatsoever, but I'm also a person that doesn't give a care about what other people think. lol

Not at all. We stayed at Pop last time, and though we're staying at a moderate next time we only did it because the discount was better than some of the values. I want to try most of the hotels, but would stay at values again. I actually really want to stay at Art of Animation because it looks so cool, and that's a value. The only thing we disliked was the long walk to the bus stops, and my boyfriend is pretty excited to have a coffee maker in the room with the moderates.

Just wondering if anyone feels a certain way when booking a Value resort? I just get the overall general impression they're looked down on...am I wrong? I have been hovering over maybe just doing a value resort due to me not enjoying the amenities a Deluxe/Moderate offer due to being in the parks as long as I can.

What is your impressions? For those who have stayed Moderate/Deluxe would you book Value again?

I would not book value because (1) I want 2 queens for all 4 of us; (2) I want a little more space in the bathroom and the room; (3) I really like the resort landscaping in the moderates and deluxes; (4) as a teacher, I really do not want school or youth groups in my vacation! oh, and I love the uncrowded pools. But I respect everyone's right to make a different choice!

Honestly, it's in the eye of the beholder. If someone sees a stigma, it's because they want to see it.

Just wondering if anyone feels a certain way when booking a Value resort? I just get the overall general impression they're looked down on...am I wrong? I have been hovering over maybe just doing a value resort due to me not enjoying the amenities a Deluxe/Moderate offer due to being in the parks as long as I can.

What is your impressions? For those who have stayed Moderate/Deluxe would you book Value again?

I've stayed at every level and I have no problem with any of them. They all have their pros and cons but I'm at WDW so I'll take any room. Being DVC we've been deluxe only for years now but we go to values and moderates to eat at the food courts since everyone can get what they want there. You're at a WDW resort and everyone knows even values aren't cheap so no stigma at all.

I told my DVC-owning friend we were staying at an All Star in November and she said "That's like the Camden of Disney." (Camden is the poorest city in NJ) LOL. We've stayed at Pop and AoA, so I know what value's are like... it certainly doesn't feel like Camden to me!

We stay where we can afford (and fit, as a family of 5 values are out) at the time. Simple as that.

I don't put too much thought into what other people think about where I'm sleeping during my fabulous Disney vacation. You shouldn't either.

With friends like that! I'm also from NJ, so I know the "show off" pressure that New Jerseyans can feel (need to drive the best car, have the biggest backyard, etc.) NJ is not the entire country, and most people laugh at how pretentious we can sometimes be. Your friend was both pretentious and rude, and wanted to let you know that she was somehow better because she wouldn't stay at a Value Resort. She's actually much less of a person because she went out of her way to rain on your parade.

I stayed at my first value hotel in April (AofA) and never again. My family spends a LOT of time enjoying the resorts. We often are in the parks for only about 6 hours a day. At AofA the theming was so intense (both in the room and the resort in general) and it was so crowded that we never, ever felt like we could relax. I was feeling that way and then my 14 year old ask me if we could please never stay there again. I asked her why and her response was that it was just too busy (plus she missed the hot tubs and slide). So, we tried a value and it didn't work for us.

However, I have a dear friend whose family (Mom, Dad, teen son, teen daughter) always stay at All Stars. They are commando tourists for 7 straight days who arrive at rope drop and stay until closing every single night. That would be a horrible trip for my family but they do it every year. For them the hotel is literally just a place to shower and sleep.

So the bottom line is stay where your family is most comfortable and where you can afford. I wouldn't worry one bit about what other people thought.

I completely agree -- we are also "Enjoy the resort amenities in the afternoon" people, and so we usually go with a moderate resort on sale or a deluxe with a postcard code (although postcard codes seem to have gone the way of the dinosaurs).

I'm just a big kid, so my opinion may be skewed. I LOVE PC and AoA! :D I like the big, in your face, characters and theming. We have repeatedly stayed in a Little Mermaid room because I just LOVE it!

I will say that I was VERY disappointed the last time we stayed at an All-Star. Years ago we stayed at all of them. A couple years ago we stayed at Movies for one night, and WOW. It was not pleasant or fun. I'll stick with PC or AoA.

I think you stay where you want to stay and have fun. No one knows where you're staying while you're out enjoying your day. I don't think anyone cares. ::yes::

After all, those on the buses back to the resort with you, are staying at (and probably loving) the same resort you're at, right?

I will say that I've stayed at moderates, and will be staying at a deluxe this year and I'm worried that NOT having that fun, Disney in your face experience makes me nervous.

Don't be nervous -- it will just be a different Disney experience, with its own brand of magic.

I don't recall the PP but someone mentioned that when telling CMs at a deluxe that they were headed to a value, they were pitied! Awful. What kind of CM says this? Why not "oh that's a fun place" or "have a great time" even if they secretly dislike the resort or the category. Bad service :(

I thought she said that other guests pitied her for going to POP, not that CM's did! I hope the CM's are better trained than to diss another resort! There are advantages to any choice!

With over 250 nights at the Values,I can definitely say there is a stigma attached with staying there.

And rightfully so,they are very "low-class".

BUT,I do feel that a lot of the stigma has been eased with the recent additon of Indoor Plumbing to ALL Values.:)

You had me clutching my hair for a minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter