Do you ever wish you'd never heard of Disneyland?

usschmidt

We got to see everything and get a Dole Whip!
Some days I do...

I can't afford to go as often as I'd like.
There are other places to experience but I'd rather be there.
My kids now compare every other experience to DLR.
I obsess and plan as if I were a little girl planning my wedding.

Add your own if you'd like :)

why would we ever wish to of not heard of disneyland?? its the best thing to have happend to california. walt's dream and wish came true and we are all experiencing it!!

it just draws us in!

Some times i wish i had never heard of DisneyCruise line, because now all i want to do is go on Disney cruises instead of Hawaiian ones, but i Never wish i never heard of DLR, its the happiest place on Earth, what would we be with out it:scared1:

Do I ever wish that I'd never heard of Disneyland? No! (Plus that, I grew up not far from it, so not knowing that Disneyland was there would've required me never exiting the house, or having any playmates, or going to school, or...yeah. I'd pretty much have had to grow up locked in a closet, eating dry Froot Loops out of the box :rotfl:)

Does my bank account wish that I'd never heard of Disneyland? Oh, yes! :lmao:

My pocket book wishes I didn't find it but my heart doesn't.

I understand where you are coming from. This will be my 4th DL trip this year and i am from Canada! You do obsess about it and think about only being there. One day i would like to put DL aside and travel other parts of the world.

Like the others I'd be a lot richer. We used to go about 3 times a year. Now we go just once. I obsess and plan all year until we go during the holiday season. I hate that my oldest daughter has no more desire to go there. We went last December without her. It was hard but she would of been miserable. However, my oldest son has found a whole new love for the place. Obviously hormone related, and now he can't wait t o go back. Go figure.
I am jealous of Funball and others who can go on a whim.
DL resort and these boards are my therapy.

Yes! Only because my husband is not a Disney fan (doesnt care for crowds, walking around on cement all day, waiting in lines etc). He is an outdoorsman who loves fishing, sightseeing, travelling. So whenever the subject of vacation comes up I am like Disneyland here we come and he is thinking about trying something else for a change! I am like what are you thinking? Are you crazy? :confused3 :rotfl:

my credit card company probably wishes i never heard of disneyland.. let's see on two seperate occasions my credit card company has locked my card from overspending in one day at disneyland!! thank you capital one.. i love you! ..NOT!!!!!!

I grew up not understanding why everyone else didn't go to Knotts Berry Farm for Thanksgiving and Disneyland for Christmas. That is what we did! Sadly our bank account keeps telling us we can't go!!!!! One day Checking account!!! One day!!!!

What else would I do with my time if it weren't for my passion for Disney?! :scared1: I grew up with the chance to go to Disneyland, even into adulthood. I absolutely LOVE disney. Will always feel like it's part of me.

well and we hav AP i assume so it's not like we arn't not going to use them!! LOL...its magical to me--disneyland is

My problem is having an ap! I keep saying oh the trip is almost free i dont have to buy passes. I guess in my mind airfare, hotel and car rentals dont count lol.

As everyone else here has said.... my wallet/bank account would be ALOT better off without disneyland and Walt Disney World .. however, you cant put a pricetag on the memories you've created at the Happiest Place on Earth! When im down in the dumps about my job or whatever else, i just think about "how many days till im back to my laughin' place?" and it picks my spirits back up! :wizard:

It's true, you cant put a price tag on memories and happiness.
The only bad part of DL is i could have had my hot tub by now and maybe my car paid off lol.

As everyone else here has said.... my wallet/bank account would be ALOT better off without disneyland and Walt Disney World .. however, you cant put a pricetag on the memories you've created at the Happiest Place on Earth! When im down in the dumps about my job or whatever else, i just think about "how many days till im back to my laughin' place?" and it picks my spirits back up! :wizard:

It's true, you cant put a price tag on memories and happiness.
The only bad part of DL is i could have had my hot tub by now and maybe my car paid off lol.

i could not agree more with you two just said. "you can't put a price tag on memories" ..and that is soo true. you know the photo pass photos, ok one i think 4x6 costs $14.00 ..ok but in some peoples head that is expensive :scared1:..but not to me becuase the price if that one single photo captures those memories for a lifetime--:hug:, who is with me on this one?

Well seeing as i have a spalsh mountain, soarin, tot and space mountain photo's plus all the matching frames then yes there is no price tag :goodvibes

I went to Disneyland with a couple of people (my friend's wife and MiL) who had never heard of Disneyland. They're from the Czech Republic and knew about Mickey Mouse and Pirates of the Caribbean (because of the movies), but didn't know what Disneyland was until we got there. It was a bizarre and awesome experience to be there with them. My friend and I (who have both been countless times) spent the day ruminating on what it'd be like for us to have such an experience.

They both loved it, but there was no expectation or anticipation for them. People dream forever of seeing the castle and when they finally get to see it, I have to imagine it's much more meaningful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter