Do you ever go back to the College you went to?

Do you ever go back to your College?

• Total voters
The campus my wife and I attended is about an hour away. We have gone back several times for various events held by the college and also events held by the city. The main campus is located in the North Georgia mountains and is a popular destination for mountain activities.

My kids both attended a different campus of the same college while in high school as part of the move on when ready program.

There is only one school I don’t directly return to nowadays and it’s because traveling there is inconvenient. Fortunately, the alumni association has a regularly scheduled local meeting so it’s a great way to keep up to date.

A few times. My field of study had a symposium every year before COVID. I went to it a few times after I graduated. They are having the first symposium since 2019 this year, but I'm not sure if I'll make it.

DH and I went to same university. We went back to some football games but last one was at least 20 years ago. We have gone to a couple bowl games since then but they weren’t on the campus. Who can resist the Rose Bowl? Even if you are bound to lose.

No I don't see any reason to and I wish they would stop sending me stuff about giving them money.

I don't feel they really did anything for me, I've actually made less money since getting my degree since I was already in the industry. Sadly I knew more about things than the teachers when it came to the current technology. They were way behind what the world was using and not even talking about the web. One of my teachers was still a Cobol programmer so everything was in that context.
Yeah, I can relate to that. There was an upheaval in the Communications Department at my University between my Junior and Senior year. They got rid of an Instructor because he only had a BA, but he had 25 years of real world Journalism experience. They hired a very nice, but freshly minted PhD with ZERO experience outside the academic world. He brought in the Reporter from remote office of the TV station I was working at to speak to the class, and the Reporter ended up referring some questions to me because he had no idea how things were done at the main station.

I did my undergrad in another state, so no. Now I work at the university where I earned my MA.

Part of me wishes I could, but it's over 1.600 miles away. I went up for sort of a bittersweet event with a number of friends back in 2013, but that's it. My kids have never seen my school in person and I think it would have been fun to expose them to some of the festivities and sports while they were growing up. On the flipside, I think I've finally gotten them to leave me alone about donations and considering the costs, I really didn't want either kid to really fall in love with the idea of going there.

Went back a few times within a couple of years of graduating. Visited with some of the professors and many of the administration who were still the same people from when I went there, so we still knew each other. Over the years, most of them have retired or been replaced, so less reason to go back. Once I moved to another state, don't really see the need to go back there anymore.

I took one course cause the company paid for it. I don't consider that going to college.

Nope never. I moved 300 miles away, got married, and owned 3 different homes and somehow they still manage to find me to send me their magazine and "alumni giving" pleas. Impressive.

seriously. i just got an alumni appeal the other day-i graduated close to 40 years ago with the only contact address being my late mom's (never associated with my current address several states away).

Yep I've been back many times. I grew up in the same city as did my AA, BS & MS, been back for football games, kids toured the school as well (didn't go, good call) and driven though several times. Because I grew up in the same community I have a different "connection" than those that just came to campus and left.

Yes, plenty of times, even though I have to fly. I try to make it to homecoming every year, plus maybe another football game.

I voted other because I have only been back once. Graduated in 1985 and got married in 1987 in a campus chapel by the priest from the student center church. Looking at the quarterly magazine they send me, I wouldn't recognize the place. There has been a major building boom, from sports stadiums to innovation centers.

Yes, a few times a year for football and basketball games. My oldest ds did an official college visit there in October. He would totally go there except they do not offer his major.

I voted other because I have only been back once. Graduated in 1985 and got married in 1987 in a campus chapel by the priest from the student center church. Looking at the quarterly magazine they send me, I wouldn't recognize the place. There has been a major building boom, from sports stadiums to innovation centers.
My DGD is going to the school DH went to in the late 70s. From time to time , we hear oh the XYZ is so cool. Umm there was no XYZ when he was there.

DH and I graduated from the same university and live in the suburbs of that town. We have been there countless times over the years—anything from football games to recruiting events for a company I worked for to medical appointments, using the psych library while attending another school for graduate work to taking a tour with middle DD when she was looking at schools. Oldest DD is getting her masters there now.

Once, when our daughter toured our alma mater as she was deciding what college she wanted to attend. She saw the small town and said "nope!" before she even saw the college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter