Do you ever feel looked down upon when staying at FW?

Disneefun said:
On our last trip we were waiting for our table at Boma and got to talking to another couple in the lobby. They asked if we were staying at AKL and we said no, FW. They then looked at us kind of down their noses and said "Oh, well, I guess if it's the best you could do it's not so bad." Needless to say, the conversation ended right there. I would have loved to have told them that staying in my MH beats any hotel room (my germs, my dirt, my dog, more space) and that the cabins cost more than their room at AKL, most likely. And that I've seen some tent and pop up setups that rival some deluxe resorts. And that camping is fun. It's not the "best we can do" but for us it's the best, period.

This isn't the only time this has happened. Once while waiting for the bus we overheard a group as they were passing by headed for the CBR bus say "Can you imagine having to stay at FW? I'd rather not come at all if I had to camp." What's that about? :rolleyes2 Other similar incidents also come to mind.

So I was just wondering if it's me -- do I attract these icky people somehow -- or do others feel looked down upon by small minded snooty people when staying at FW? Thoughts?

My take on FW is this 1) if you like camping and 2) the cabins are nice and really expensive! More so than our room at WL was! (I just didn't want a kitchen or the kids would have expected me to cook!)3) location, location , location! FW is right where I want to be - near the MK! I'm sure we'll camp there someday as we love camping but there was no way I was going to sleep in our tent 6 months PG! Personally I found the monorail inconvenient and slow so I am in no rush to stay at one of those resorts! Loved the boats though...so FW and WL are logical choices to me.

I haven't read the whole thread but I had to laugh with your last line! I think I attract those same kind of people - somehow I have a kick me sign on my forehead that only snotty people can see! In my case it seems to be the working vs SAHM thing that people feel they can put me down for. I have had several occasions when people have just walked away from me at a park after learning that I, gasp, work! Every time I am rendered speechless and DH bears the brunt of my anger later in the day!

ObsessedwithWDW said:
Hey there everyone....I am still waiting to hear if anyone camps at FW that FLIES to Disney. We do not own an RV but DO LOVE TO CAMP....just didn't know how I would manage to get all that stuff down there. Anyone? Anyone? The atmosphere of this resort really does appeal to me and it is something I would love to do but what do you do about getting tents, food, coolers, sleeping gear, clothes there????? :bounce:

My wife wanted to know about this also and Disney rents out tents 4/8 man tents they are 30 dollars a day and they will set it up for you so it is ready when you get there.

I love camping, but I'm not so sure I would want to rough it at Disney. After a long day of pounding the hot asphalt, I relish the thought of climbing into a nice comfy bed with air-conditioning! Maybe I'm just turning soft!

My sister moved to Florida about 6 years ago from Oregon. She was a Boy Scout Leader and avid camper. Shortly after they moved to Florida they took the family camping, she said she would never camp again in a tent in Florida. The bugs were horrible (couldn't keep them out of the tent), it was hot, sticky, rained almost every day, etc... I think she went in the late spring/early summer, so I can only imagine what it would feel like in August!

I'm sure a lot of people do camp there, but it really sounds like most of them are in rv's as opposed to tents. To each his own, but give me a bug free, comfy bed with airconditioning after a long day at the parks! :sunny:

I do not look down on you, I am jealous! :furious:

I would love, love, love, to camp at Disney, but no one else in my family wants to. No one wants to tow the trailer that far, and my sis would never sleep in a tent! :rotfl2: They had to upgrade from their pop-up, that was to hard on her! :rotfl:

So far I can only dream of roasting marshmellows at Disney :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter