Do you eat crispy fried eggs?

Do you eat crispy fried eggs?

• Total voters
Never heard of, but now that I have sounds pretty dreadful. And I am not a runny egg eater, but if I am gonna have anything be crispy on my plate it better be bacon.

I deliberately make my edges crispy when I fry an egg. I love it! I do not like runny eggs at all, so I always puncture the yolk. Crispy is like the opposite of runny (except in the linked recipe, apparently).

"Rare" scrambled eggs sound something like the classic French-style scrambled eggs vs. diner-style.
My son spent some time traveling in France and was surprised at how many things the French cook "rare". I think chicken was the only one he really was unhappy about. And the waiters were really unhappy when he ordered his chicken well done. One told him "this is not McDonalds, we don't overcook food"

Never! Over easy or sunny side up. occasionally I will fix the “a la franchise” if it’s for a large number of guest. I don’t like anything over oooked.

At the price of eggs here in Mn. the past 2 weeks or so, a big NO for trying something new on expensive eggs. 2 weeks ago at our local grocery store, a dozen eggs cost a whopping $6.25!!! Walmart didn't have any eggs for several weeks.. I found out that half of the chickens in Mn. might have to be killed due to an egg virus, but it didn't affect the chickens meat?!

Now, thank heavens, the egg prices are leveling out to close to normal:)

Now I know that when I accidentally have the pan too hot and the bottom/edges brown a bit, I can pretend that I was making crispy eggs. ;)

At the price of eggs here in Mn. the past 2 weeks or so, a big NO for trying something new on expensive eggs. 2 weeks ago at our local grocery store, a dozen eggs cost a whopping $6.25!!! Walmart didn't have any eggs for several weeks.. I found out that half of the chickens in Mn. might have to be killed due to an egg virus, but it didn't affect the chickens meat?!

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...expands-minnesota-poultry-flocks-other-states

Bird flu affecting flocks.

Guess I won't complain about the $4.58 I paid Sunday at Walmart for 18.

I made a couple crispy fried eggs today to try. I put them on toast. They reminded me of hard boiled eggs. They were ok. I added some ketchup and that made them better. :thumbsup2
I probably won't make them again on purpose though.

A crispy egg just has the white crispy, right? The yolk should be runny, medium or firm as you may want, right?

Never heard of crispy eggs. They don’t sound good to me. So no desire to try this.

Most of the time I order sunny side up, they end up slightly charred on the edge since it takes a while to cook the whites mostly without turning it over. I've taken to cooking my own, and with sunny side up the yolk will be set a little bit while most is still runny and maybe a little bit of the whites are runny. Kind of like this picture.

Crispy-Fried-Egg-1.jpg

A crispy egg just has the white crispy, right? The yolk should be runny, medium or firm as you may want, right?

More or less. Mostly the edge and the bottom. Especially the edge if the whites are liquid and just keep on running to the point where they're really thin.

I guess there's also somewhat of a difference if it's allowed to reach room temperature before cooking. I don't believe it's a great idea to keep typical eggs processed for American sale outside for long. However, less than an hour is probably OK. But if it's at refrigerator temps the yolk is going to take longer to cook but the whites will then get crispy.

Not sure what European eggs are like since they're typically not washed and should be stored without refrigeration.

I always make mine crispy, but I eat my fried eggs over hard. I don't like runny or liquidy yoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter