Do You Donate Blood?

Do you regularly donate blood?

• Yes, all the time

• No, never have

• Yes , but only once in a while

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wish I could. For the longest time, I was underweight. Then, when I finally weighed enough, my counts were screwy. When that balanced out, I got cancer. I was in the marrow donor database for a while, pre-cancer!

My husband used to donate all the time, but he got really sick the last time, so he's had to stop.

I want to thank all of you that have donated, whether it is all the time, or even just once.

We donate regularly to the local blood bank. My blood can be given to babies so they love when I come in.

When I can. Sometimes I am on medications that are on the "Do Not Donate" list.

I would if I could. I also lived in England, however this does not stop the red cross from sending me letters asking for me to donate since I'm O neg. My mom used to all the time before they put the restriction on. I do however make DH since I feel guilty that I cant!

I donated blood for a long time. But about 6 years ago I went through a rough patch with chronic severe anemia. The anemia was cured, but then my white count was a little high, just high enough to disqualify me. The last time i tried to donate the nurse admonished me for attempting, "because you obviously have some kind of virus or something." She went on to accuse me of trying to harm premature babies who might receive my blood.:scared1: I was a NICU nurse for almost 15 years~ The last thing I would do is try to hurt someone's baby. Anyway, after that little outburst I decided that the Red Cross didn't need my blood anyway.:rolleyes1

I used to, but the last 3 times I tried my iron was 1-2 points low, so I gave up. It's been a couple of years now.

I answered once in a while because sometimes they don't let me because of my heart surgery that I had as a child and sometimes my hempglobin isn't high enough.

My iron is to low, I always try when I see one going on but have never made it very far.

I didn't know there was a weight limit for donating. My lovely bride and I give at the FL/GA blood alliance. We will not have anything to do with the Red Cross, too many bad experiences while in the service.

I have never done it at a blood bank due to some low iron issues I have been having recently. I did however donate when my dad needed it after his open heart surgery. I had the exact same blood type and it worked for him.

I donate all the time. I'm lucky enough to have no problems giving blood so I try to do it whenever I can. I did what they call a 'double donation' earlier this year. It was so cool..they take out all the blood and seperate it and some of it goes back in. I couldn't give for 6 months after that. I just gave again last month and they have a new way of checking your iron so those of you who have had a low count may want to try again. The nurse said it's more accurate.

I am also on the bone marrow list and have been for 15 years. I have never been a match though.

I've never given blood. When I was young, I was very thin and low iron, so I was told. They rejected me as a donor. Then, I had a massive blood transfusion (made possible by generous blood donors) and I was told I would never be able to donate. Last year, I asked at a donor station at Walmart and they said things have changed and I can now donate. After going thru the question process, I was told I could not donate until a year after the cruise we had taken last spring (to make sure I don't come down with a blood related illness due to being out of the country). So, after all that, I need to go donate blood. I am curious about the whole process. My youngest donates blood whenever he can. I should go with him the next time he donates. :thumbsup2

I answered "no, never have", but there really needs to be another choice. I've tried a few times, but have never been able to- borderline anemic. They don't want my blood.

My father used to donate as often as he could. Then he contracted something. He doesn't donate anymore.

I used to regularly because I have a semi rare blood type but I now have a problem where I needed a blood transfusion so I felt it was Karma, I gave and thank goodness someone else donated what I needed.

Because of my issue I am no longer able to donate but I encourage everyone to donate. Yes, it hurts but think of it as being able to save someones life. That ugly prick can actually save someone't life! How often as regular people do we get that chance?

Because I almost died so THANK YOU to the person who donated the blood to me!

I donate every 3 months. My DS7 has leukemia and has received countless whole blood and platelet transfusions! Thanks to everyone who donates/used to donate/has tried to donate! My kid is alive because of people like you!

No because I have cancer.

I also want to thank all of those who donate. I had 3 transfusions before they knew I had cancer and then when I almost died during the cancer surgery and was in the coma (alot of disers will remember Tuffcookie's post about me) I had to have 7 transfusions.

Dh and I were featured in an article about donating blood at his work blood drive once.

Dh and the 3 ds always donate. One ds just got his gallon card and another ds held a blood drive last christmas time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter