Do you consider this weekend to be a "holiday" weekend?

Do you consider this upcoming weekend to be a holiday weekend?

• Total voters
This Aussie will be in Ohio for 4th July - we were last year as well and were surprised that there wasn’t a lot of celebrations to be seen in downtown Columbus. This year we will be at a racetrack so I have no idea if anything will be done.

Since we're retired, every day's a holiday. Except when we have medical appts. pffft.

I'm a teacher on summer break so my response doesn't count but hubby works on Monday and then is off Tuesday so no, we don't consider it a holiday weekend. If he was off on Monday also then yes, we would.

Not for me. We have to work July 3, but at least we get out two hours earlier. I prefer doing fireworks July 3 anyway, so you can sleep later on the 4th.

Just got an e-mail from my Eye Doctor that they will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
I remember earlier this year the scheduler at my Kidney Doctor tried to book my next appointment on Memorial Day. I noticed it was Memorial Day when I was putting the appointment in my phone and commented I was surprised they were going to be open on the holiday. Scheduler looked and said, "no we're closed, thanks for mentioning that. I have six appointments already that day that I now need to cancel and move to another day"

It is not a holiday weekend for me. I will have Tuesday off but I have to work on Monday. We were just talking about this at work. We all feel that we should get Monday off as well. Many of our staff is in fact taking Monday off as well. We will get off early on Monday, as we do the day before any holiday.

We are heading to Florida on Saturday (very early) morning because we are driving to see my in laws for the week. IT's become a tradition to spend 4th of July with them. We have a paid day off for the 4th. And if we were working that week we would definitely get out early on Monday. As it is because we start at 7 we usually only work until 3 so early out would be probably by 1. We will use PTO for the vacation days. Drive back either Friday or Saturday next week depending on whether we think we can knock the 14 hours or so out in one day.

I say "we" because DH and I work together for the same company.

I have to work Monday have off Tuesday. Half of my department is on vacation that week so don’t know how hard I will be working on that Monday. Probably not a lot. I am also puppy watching my friend’s corgi over the holiday weekend so fireworks every night probably. I liked it better when fireworks were illegal in GA and people had to drive out of state for them. I have a bottle of hemp chews for him and prepared to be a human thunder shirt if needed.

I voted Other. While we don't get Monday off and I'm not taking it as a vacation day, we tend to get let go early the day before a holiday (or the Friday before a true holiday weekend). So Monday will be a short day, and the part of the day that we are there will be pretty chill (as long as nothing breaks...I work in IT), so it almost feels like a long weekend.

In the past, my husband’s company gave Monday off if July 4th was a Tuesday. This year, they are not. No one I know has Monday off and I have a dentist appointment Monday morning, so in my world, it’s not a holiday weekend. I’m sure there will be plenty of parties and events this weekend, so I guess it’s an extra festive weekend near a holiday.

DH owns a business and is giving everyone off Monday and Tuesday, for a four day weekend. He’s doing this though because the projects his company is working on are all closing on Monday too, so he has no choice.

I get 3 days off a week (I work 4 10s) and one day is Tuesday anyways so it turns into a floater for me, I'm taking that floater and putting it together with the Juneteenth and memorial day floaters i haven't used for a 7 day weekend :-) followed by another week of PTO

Monday is a regular day for us - we both have to work, daycare is open, swim lessons still happening, etc.

We don't really do anything for July 4th (we live in a beach town and can't get anywhere close to our beaches on holiday weekends :rolleyes2 ) so it's no biggie.

i strongly suspect it is going to be more of 5 DAY WEEKEND in my neck of the woods-in fact i'm going tomorrow to do my once per month shopping trip (for july) in town b/c as early as thursday afternoon i know the roads are going to be crazy. we live in an area adjacent to some insanely popular summer vacationing and people book out for lodging and camping spots for the 4th a year or more in advance.

it's supposed to be in the 90's here this weekend which is extreemly hot for us so that is just going to fuel more alcohol consumption and stupidity with fire (works and pits-both of which are illegal and banned but it does'nt stop idiots) from what i anticipate will begin friday night and last into the wee hours of wednesday morning.

Our office decided to close on Monday and force everyone to use a floating PTO day. If you had already used your 2 floating PTO days (we get them for not being off MLK or Presidents day - CPA firm, tax season) then you have to use sick or vacation time. That announcement didn't go over well. Tuesday is a company holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter