• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you book and hope for a discount or wait

There are discounts over NYE through some TA’s, just not through Disney.
I've seen them, I'm on the mailing list. They don't apply to our trips
Disney has packages that are valid over NYE but again, won't apply to our trips

I've seen them, I'm on the mailing list. They don't apply to our trips
Disney has packages that are valid over NYE but again, won't apply to our trips
Do you mean the resort or room category that you want are unavailable?

Thanks everyone. SWGE may throw a wrinkle into my usual wait for the discounts strategy. Will book at lowest available rack rate and hope for a discount this time. I really don't mind changing resorts and my dates should be flexible by a day or two. If Disney follows it's past discount pattern, RO discounts will drop late September for my March dates and I won't have plane tickets purchased yet. I'm flying the three of us from three different airports, so that'll be a logistical nightmare in and of itself!

Do you mean the resort or room category that you want are unavailable?
I mean in whatever combination applies, we have never been able to use the exclusive discounts on our trips. Our trip doesn't fit the parameters they set for their deals. Which can be for any combinations of reasons.
As you would be aware, the agency deals are rather restrictive on how they have them set up and your trip must fit their deal

I mean in whatever combination applies, we have never been able to use the exclusive discounts on our trips. Our trip doesn't fit the parameters they set for their deals. Which can be for any combinations of reasons.
As you would be aware, the agency deals are rather restrictive on how they have them set up and your trip must fit their deal

I’ve never found them to be restrictive, just very convenient, and a great savings over NYE. :)

Ok. We do find they don't fit our needs. Glad they work for you. Clearly, like the Labor Day deals, they do work for some since they keep offering them.

Ok. We do find they don't fit our needs. Glad they work for you. Clearly, like the Labor Day deals, they do work for some since they keep offering them.

WE have found the same true for us. Wish that they worked for us, but they never have. Great for those that are able to take advantage, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter