Do you and spouse sleep in the same bed?

:confused:
Okay, and your point is?

I think their point is that instead of seeking medical diagnosis for snoring, people just move to another room, possibly ignoring a life threatening issue. Using snoring for an excuse to sleep apart isn't the issue as much as acting like snoring is simply a noise issue, which it really isn't.

We sleep in the same bed unless one of us is sick.

However, I do enjoy having the bed to myself sometimes when DH is out of town. I strrrreeeetch out as big as I can! It feels good. But I'd miss him after 2 or 3 nights, though.

He feels the same way. No skin off my back.

On the last cruise I took the man in the room next to us snored so loud it kept us up, one morning very early I went out on the balcony and his wife was sleeping outside on the chair with a blanket- I guess thats the onlhy way she could sleep with all that noise!

That sounds miserable for BOTH of you. I would have really been ticked if somebody's snoring kept me up for a week on a pricy cruise.

Bingo..

couples that sleep apart are not couples.. they are just is a tax break

I think how two people treat each other and spend their hours awake together is a far better indicator of what defines a couple than whether or not they are laying in the same space while they are sleeping.

I'm not married, but this thread is interesting! My mom snores SO loud at times, and when we are on vacation, I sometimes wish I could have a separate room. Its to the point when I'll stay over at her house, I can hear her while I'm sleeping in my own room. She claims she doesn't have any issues.

I can admit that I snore every now and then, but its because I have bad allergies, and its generally when I'm congested.

If I do get married, hubby will need to like a nice cool room to sleep in, put up with my constant tossing and turning, have a king size bed, and put up with my kitty!

I think how two people treat each other and spend their hours awake together is a far better indicator of what defines a couple than whether or not they are laying in the same space while they are sleeping.

:thumbsup2

we have tried various sleep situations over our 10 year marriage - together in queen, together in king, he had back problems and spent several months sleeping on the loveseat of all crazy places (worked for him), me in twin bed in living room with newborn for like 6 months, separate bedrooms, now we have a king and queen bed in the same room - our bedroom is pretty large - so he and his cpap machine sleep in the queen and I sleep in the center of the king bed taking up "my half out of the middle" as DH likes to say.

Not all who sleep apart are headed for divorce. :goodvibes

I think their point is that instead of seeking medical diagnosis for snoring, people just move to another room, possibly ignoring a life threatening issue. Using snoring for an excuse to sleep apart isn't the issue as much as acting like snoring is simply a noise issue, which it really isn't.
Some people have done everything they can think of to find the reason for the snoring and also get rid of the problem and simply can't. It's unfair to assume that everyone who snores hasn't tried to make it go away.

The only way we get a good nights rest is to sleep in the same bed. Every night I fall asleep with my head on his chest, have for 10 years. It's doubtful that will change anytime soon.

Wait until those hot flashes and night sweats start. I literally FREAK OUT, at night because I get so hot. NO way could I ever be up close and touching anyone. They are almost like small panic attacks when they hit.

FWIW, I was the same way. But after 28 years, that has faded off.

Wait until those hot flashes and night sweats start. I literally FREAK OUT, at night because I get so hot. NO way could I ever be up close and touching anyone. They are almost like small panic attacks when they hit.

FWIW, I was the same way. But after 28 years, that has faded off.

:lmao::thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I don't like anyone sitting NEXT to me when a hot flash hits!

My hubby snores stays up later and sleeps later but I wear ear plugs!

There are rare occasions (like once every 2 years) where my allergies make it hard for me to breathe when lying down, so I will sleep on the recliner, but 99.99% of the time we sleep in the same bed.

We do about half the time. He sleeps on the couch about half the time. He doesn't sleep well unless he has the bed to himself and I'm not sleeping on the couch so he gets to.

most nights we do not sleep in the same bed. DH snores (I have tried to get him to go for a sleep study and he wont go), I am a light sleeper plus I suffer from insomnia. when I manage to finally fall asleep it's inevitable that DH will start snoring LOUDLY and it wakes me up, unfortunately with my insomnia once I am woken up, I am up for hours. I also work from home and many nights I am on the computer until 2 or 3am, DH gets up for work at 4:45am and I feel bad disturbing him when he only has an hour or two left to sleep. Sleeping apart works for us because we are both well rested and that makes for much happier days.
*we will be married 20 years in December and we have been together for 24 years.

I really think conditioning can overcome a snoring spouse.

My FIL was career Air Force, and slept in group sleeping quarter situations for many years. Nothing like sharing a sleeping area with 30 snoring guys in hot and humid South Vietnam. In the Air Force, insomnia is not tolerated, it is punished. You get caught awake, or worse, out of bed, you get assigned tasks, such as KP, etc. My FIL says you get conditioned to shut everything out and go to sleep. My MIL says it was a habit he carried into retirement. He literally was asleep with in about a minute of going to bed, no matter what noise was going on.

DW and I took that to heart, and really have conditioned ourselves to ignore each other's snoring.

Some people have done everything they can think of to find the reason for the snoring and also get rid of the problem and simply can't. It's unfair to assume that everyone who snores hasn't tried to make it go away.

It's "unfair" of you to assume that I said everyone when I didn't. I was responding to another posters question. And a lot of people posting here have said they haven't had a sleep study done. Where did you read posters saying they had all "tried"? geez:confused3

Also, my DH's doctor said almost everyone who goes in to a sleep study for snoring has apnea, some much worse than others and there are several things that can be done. I'm reading multiple posts where the only remedy tried is sleeping apart.

Most of the time we do despite his snoring. I slept in the guest bedroom a few times when I was pregnant. On vacation, however, we sleep in different beds. Those beds are usually smaller than our king sized bed at home.

Same bed unless one of us is really sick, then one of us goes off to the guest bedroom. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter