do we qualify

Do you qualify for what? I know Disney does not offer special rates for senior citizens (not that you are senior citizens, I just figured I'd throw that out there). They do have the DAS pass if either of you have special medical issues that would prevent you from standing in line, but you need to be unable to wait in line for one reason or another. If a wheelchair could solve the issue, my understanding is they won't allow the DAS.

If you're just feeling like Disney might be a bit "much," I wouldn't worry! You are still young and it seems like you're both healthy. We visit Disney often with my parents, who are in their 60's, and while they're just beginning to slow down a bit (they spend more time at the pool than they used to, for instance), they go on rides, enjoy the parks, and do basically everything my husband and I do with our kids. The only thing I would recommend based on my experiences with them is just to get Genie+ to minimize the time you spend on your feet waiting in line. And I would recommend that for anyone, regardless of age.

Hope you have a great trip!

I went the last time just before Covid set in. I was 71 at the time. I never even went the first time until I was 35. I have been to WDW 48 times, Disneyland 1 time and Disneyland Paris 1 time since then. My brain still insists that I am in my 20's, but my body begs to differ. I still cannot think of a ride at Disney that I no longer feel comfortable riding except one and that would be Space Mountain. Other than that they all are doable. Trouble is, they have priced me out now so 71 might just be my highest age level.

I am in my very late 60's, had 5 major surgeries in the last two years. Been going to Disney since 1974 - I enjoy the rides, shows and parades. While my body says different - I am and always will be a kid at heart while in Disney!!! (Last trip July, 2022 - next trip August, 2023). A known fact: I still get teary eyed every time I see that CASTLE!!

I am in my very late 60's, had 5 major surgeries in the last two years. Been going to Disney since 1974 - I enjoy the rides, shows and parades. While my body says different - I am and always will be a kid at heart while in Disney!!! (Last trip July, 2022 - next trip August, 2023). A known fact: I still get teary eyed every time I see that CASTLE!!
Hopefully, that will continue for you. I can't say that I ever got "teary eyed" over the Castle or any other thing but I did get the feeling of youth everytime. My first visit, as I said, I was 35. I was in the early stages of my career, was married, had a mortgage and all that goes with that and having young children. Arriving at Disney allowed me to shed the anxiety and pressures of that time of life and allow my inner child to come out. It was like that for all of the 40 years that I have been part of the theme parks as a guest. As I got older, my stresses changed, my wife left, my children did what they were supposed to do and went to make their own lives, business downturns created many financial problems, yet I could go there and without any effort on my part, the child within calmly walked out, led the way and those worries, disappointments, losses and everyday trials were left at that entrance.

I'm not sure now after a few back surgeries if I could really return even if I had the funds to do it. Which is to bad because at 74, I sure could use another visit from that kid inside again,

My wife and I are planning a June 2023 trip for just us two for the first time in over 25 years. I will be 66 and she will be 62, and we still love most all the attractions. We've gone many times with our daughter and loved every trip, but we are really looking forward to just us being at Disney.

We have no children but love all the rides in disney. I am 58 and my wife is 55. Do we qualify as a mature couple cos i feel like I'm still in my twenties in my head but the body has taken a battering. We will do any ride at least once
I'm barely 20 in my head, but riding Dinosaur last month in animal kingdom reminded me that my body is not. Have fun, but don't just ignore all those warnings they have posted in the queues. They're there for a reason.

Do you qualify for what? I know Disney does not offer special rates for senior citizens (not that you are senior citizens, I just figured I'd throw that out there). They do have the DAS pass if either of you have special medical issues that would prevent you from standing in line, but you need to be unable to wait in line for one reason or another. If a wheelchair could solve the issue, my understanding is they won't allow the DAS.

If you're just feeling like Disney might be a bit "much," I wouldn't worry! You are still young and it seems like you're both healthy. We visit Disney often with my parents, who are in their 60's, and while they're just beginning to slow down a bit (they spend more time at the pool than they used to, for instance), they go on rides, enjoy the parks, and do basically everything my husband and I do with our kids. The only thing I would recommend based on my experiences with them is just to get Genie+ to minimize the time you spend on your feet waiting in line. And I would recommend that for anyone, regardless of age.

Hope you have a great trip!

We have no children but love all the rides in disney. I am 58 and my wife is 55. Do we qualify as a mature couple cos i feel like I'm still in my twenties in my head but the body has taken a battering. We will do any ride at least once
You sure do! Welcome to the club - we are both well into our 70's according to the calendar but are in our 7's when we get to Disney! :rotfl2:

Hey Sparky fella. Im 64 and my husband is 65. We have children but happily go and enjoy Disney without them! We love all the rides but I will admit I do have to sit out a few. It doesn't take away from enjoying the Disney experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter