Do we need to be at Epcot rope drop super early to ride Soarin?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We are going to rope drop for Soarin this June. I have been watching youtube on how a few have rope dropped Soarin and they arrived really early (8:00) to be at the front of the crowd.
Do we need to be there way early to avoid longer waits?
What if we are at the back of the crowd?
Will the wait time be to long by the time we get there?
Around what time does the wait time start to get over 20 minutes?

Since you are going in June, which is very busy, I would get to the park at least 15 minutes before the park opens. I don't know how long it takes for the wait time to change but it will be over 20 minutes pretty quick. I also don't know about being at the back of the crowd because we are always at the front :). Good luck! We have the rule of get to the parks at least 15 minutes before opening at all parks every time we visit. It's just easier to avoid long waits. I see you are staying at AKL! That's my FAVORITE resort. Enjoy!!!!

I would arrive about 30 minutes before opening, just to get through security and be at the turnstiles before the park opens. Generally they may let you in slightly early, but then hold you near Spaceship Earth until the official opening.
The lines for Soaron', while thye can still be long, are much shorter since opening the third screen.

Agree with pp - 30 minutes ahead is plenty. You definitely don't need to be there an hour ahead! As reference, when we were there in November, we got there 30 minutes ahead. They held everyone at Spaceship Earth until exactly 9:00. We headed to Test Track first, which was broken down. We headed to Soarin' second. Keep in mind that almost all of the TT crowd went back to Soarin' with us, so it was a huge amount of people ahead of us in line. Still, our wait was only 15 minutes.

I would disagree with a PP, June is actually a rather "slow" time in the relative scheme of WDW. Summers have been "slow" for several years now.

No, you don't need to be super early to hit Soarin'. You could show up at 9am and still not have an issue.

I would disagree with a PP, June is actually a rather "slow" time in the relative scheme of WDW. Summers have been "slow" for several years now.

No, you don't need to be super early to hit Soarin'. You could show up at 9am and still not have an issue.

I agree. We were there last June 10-20 for our honeymoon and one day I decided to pop over to Epcot by myself while my husband napped and I didn’t have a FP+ for Soarin’ so I waited stand-by. This was around 11:00 and I waited maybe 25 minutes. I wouldn’t call June crowded, crowds were definitely manageable. The humidity on the other hand...

Since they opened the third screen wait times are usually under 20-30 minutes the whole first hour that the park is open, if you get there a little before park opens (I would do 30 min prior but I'm an early bird, do what is best for you) you may be able to ride it twice in a row!

I agree with the other posters, 30 minutes ahead should be plenty. If you are towards the middle/back of the crowd it won't be a big deal, you might wait about 25-30 minutes MAX once you get over there. Most people rope drop for Frozen Ever After so I think enough of the crowd will divert so you'll be fine! I hope you enjoy your trip!

Since you are going in June, which is very busy, I would get to the park at least 15 minutes before the park opens. I don't know how long it takes for the wait time to change but it will be over 20 minutes pretty quick. I also don't know about being at the back of the crowd because we are always at the front :). Good luck! We have the rule of get to the parks at least 15 minutes before opening at all parks every time we visit. It's just easier to avoid long waits. I see you are staying at AKL! That's my FAVORITE resort. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you! The people I watched on youtube arrived an hour early. I was thinking 15 minutes before but then thought we might be at the back of the crowd. Yes we are staying at AKL! Can't wait! It will be our first time staying there:banana:

Unless you rushing to another headliner to ride standby, walking through the turnstiles at park opening will still have a very minimal wait. Most of the rope drop crowd heads to TT and FEA.

Agree with pp - 30 minutes ahead is plenty. You definitely don't need to be there an hour ahead! As reference, when we were there in November, we got there 30 minutes ahead. They held everyone at Spaceship Earth until exactly 9:00. We headed to Test Track first, which was broken down. We headed to Soarin' second. Keep in mind that almost all of the TT crowd went back to Soarin' with us, so it was a huge amount of people ahead of us in line. Still, our wait was only 15 minutes.
Oh 15 minutes is not bad for that many people heading there from TT.

Unless you rushing to another headliner to ride standby, walking through the turnstiles at park opening will still have a very minimal wait. Most of the rope drop crowd heads to TT and FEA.
Thanks! We only plan to standby Soarin and get FP for TT I think:rotfl:. I'm just trying to sort out this plan. Maybe rope drop Soarin, single rider line TT and FP for Frozen? We might FP TT and forget Frozen. I know I need to hurry before all the FP's are gone.

Thanks! We only plan to standby Soarin and get FP for TT I think:rotfl:. I'm just trying to sort out this plan. Maybe rope drop Soarin, single rider line TT and FP for Frozen? We might FP TT and forget Frozen. I know I need to hurry before all the FP's are gone.

The "big 3" are often what people ask about how to accomplish. You can do single rider if you want, but unless you simply don't like the people in your group :D there's really no reason to do that. Two ways to do it.

The way I used to prefer (I say used to because I no longer rope drop, I find it unnecessary) - rope drop TT, go right to FEA...a fairly short walk...and do it standby. Then FP+ Soarin'. You can have all 3 done by 10am easily.

Another option is rope drop Soarin', walk to FEA for standby and then FP+ TT. The only reason I don't prefer this is the walk from Soarin' to FEA is rather long and you'd have to hustle, but it's still a very effective strategy.

You will Love AKL we stayed there last June. Now what we do for Soarin is a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill. Eat a good breakfast and still make it down there with little wait on standby

We go every summer & I still think its busy....not Christmas busy but still busy. We just can't get the must do rope drop out of our system LOL.

The "big 3" are often what people ask about how to accomplish. You can do single rider if you want, but unless you simply don't like the people in your group :D there's really no reason to do that. Two ways to do it.

The way I used to prefer (I say used to because I no longer rope drop, I find it unnecessary) - rope drop TT, go right to FEA...a fairly short walk...and do it standby. Then FP+ Soarin'. You can have all 3 done by 10am easily.

Another option is rope drop Soarin', walk to FEA for standby and then FP+ TT. The only reason I don't prefer this is the walk from Soarin' to FEA is rather long and you'd have to hustle, but it's still a very effective strategy.
Hmm ok thank you! My worry is we have a Garden Grill breakfast at 10:25.

You will Love AKL we stayed there last June. Now what we do for Soarin is a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill. Eat a good breakfast and still make it down there with little wait on standby
My problem is I'm never hungry when I first get up, so I made reservations for 10:25.

I don't know if you are trying to leave the park early but if not, you can most likely get Soarin' FP's day of. While there I've often seen FPs for Soarin' and FEA just by using the refresh method. TT was the only one I had trouble with. Finally got them though (we'd been at AK and were going to park hop bc my 5 yo mentioned wanting TT).

I don't know if you are trying to leave the park early but if not, you can most likely get Soarin' FP's day of. While there I've often seen FPs for Soarin' and FEA just by using the refresh method. TT was the only one I had trouble with. Finally got them though (we'd been at AK and were going to park hop bc my 5 yo mentioned wanting TT).
Yes we planned to leave in the afternoon and take a resort break then hop to another park. That's good to know about the FP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter