• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do we need park to park tickets?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We have never been to any of the parks and plan on purchasing a 4 day 3 park pass, but I am struggling with do we really need park to park ticket. If it were Disney I would say absolutely because we know the parks so well and like to jump around a lot. But we know nothing about these parks and I feel like we will just go to one park per day and move through it and leave the 4th day for the park we like the most. Any thoughts?

You don't need park to park, unless you want to do the Hogwarts Express train between the two parks. It's a nice experience but I wouldn't buy the park to park tickets just for that.

We do park to park just so that the last day or two we do the best rides from both parks because the parks are so close together that it's easy to do it, unlike Disney. But it definitely isn't necessary.

I think they are worth it, especially with a long trip. To be able to bounce back and forth to your favorites will be great. It's nice to be able to dodge some crowds too. Hopping between them isn't like it is at WDW. If you have been to Disneyland, it's more like that. The parks are right next to each other. You can see the other park from things like the coasters. It would be hard for me to see something and not be able to do it. Plus, as HP fans, the Hogwarts Express is a must.

Check out the annual passes. The cheapest one is 270.00. Make sure you check out the block out dates.

If you're a massive Harry Potter fan it does make a difference to riding the HE from one location to the other, as it is a different experience going there and back, as what they show is different. A lot of fans feel it's essential since riding the HE is just an iconic moment in the books/films.

Taking that aside, if you're not a massive fan, it is a breeze traveling from one park to the other using the HE and other than waiting in the queue it's not only a breeze, but you're entertained in the process as well. If it's too long of a queue, you can always walk as well, which isn't that long of a walk. If anything I prefer to do so if I feel the desire to do something like Spider-Man over at IoA. As that attraction is closer to the entrance to the park. It is useful to be able to park hop if do if you notice a swift in crowds from one park to another, or if your interests change in wanting to do other things in another park.

And also going back to the HP stuff. If you're wanting to have the full HP experience, or simply have the luxury to wanting to do a lot of Potter at once / do both the same day, you'll have to get park to park.

However, it is not something that is necessary. Since you do have a lot of days you'll have plenty of time to do everything and taking your time to focus on each park.

As others have said, you 100% need them if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express - which is not just a ride but also a great transportation option between the parks.

Other than that, you don't "need" them, but personally, I would never go without them.

We love being able to go park to park when we feel like it.

Since you`re new to Universal and the parks are so close, it is an absolute essential for us, without even considering the HE which is a must do for even the faintest of Potter fans. If you have massive Potter fans, then yes, it`s a must do.

It`s a different view both ways, so you have to do both journeys.

I`d say you`d find it worthwhile.

Thanks everyone for your responses. We are not HP at all, with never seeing a movie or read a book. So we may skip it.

While not necessary, I definitely recommend doing some HP stuff before your trip- read or listen to a book, see a movie. While I’m sure the HP areas are still neat if you know nothing but they’re amazing if you do!

Are you planning to spend the whole day at Volcano Bay? If not, that would be a good reason to opt for the park-to-park option.

Or, if a ride is down during your only day at one of the parks, it is great to have.

It is not worth it for the train, but the convenience is worth it for 4 days (especially including VB, which would not be a full day park for me).

We have never done park hoppers at Disney. Seems like way too much hassle and complication. But we always get them at Uni. We have 4 park days too and it’s nice to hit your favorites in both parks on the last day. But it’s not needed, no.

If it is a money matter, skip it.

We like HP, not rabid fans, but do do a lot of park hopping. They are just so close together. But, if you will not have express passes, and could care less about riding the HP train, (no big deal for my group except for faster transportation between the parks, about a 10 minute ride,) I think one park a day would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter