Do we ever get to old for Disney...

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
I am 45 years old and loving Disney more now than ever before...I am starting to feel a little guilty about visiting Disney every year at my age, ha-ha. I wonder how old I will be before I say, enough already...every year I keep telling myself, this is my last trip but...I'm going again for Christmas, this is my second trip down this year. When will I grow up and stop loving Disney...[no time soon I hope]. My daughter is 22 and does not love Disney as much as her mom. Anyone one else over 40 with grown children and still loving Disney....:wave2:::MinnieMo

oh yea!!!

I didn't even buy DVC until it was 43.....

Now I am 54 and I still love WDW.

Orlando has so much to offer the visitors.

I would love to live there - but my sun problem kepts me in Al.

however I love winter trips to WDW - it is so great!!!

I'm 50, I was 29 when I first went to WDW. I actually found that as I have gotten older I want to go more often!
I love WDW, and my son who is 22 loves going as much as I do. My 17 year old daughter likes to go, but only every few years. This is the first year I've gone twice in one year. I went with my mom, sister, niece, my daughter and my son and his fiancee in June and found that I really wanted to go again but without all the people.
I was going to go by myself in December but invited my mother along when she said that she would like to go too (she is 74).
So, to answer your question, no you are never too old for Disney.

I'm a 51 year old woman. I don't have any kids at all.
I do a week at WDW solo, and I absolutely never get tired of it.
I hope to spend a week at WDW at least once per year - for the rest of my life !

Oh, yes-I'm 52 and loving Disney more than ever. Our grown sons call me the Disney Fanatic, and at WDW, I always go for the "kiddie" rides-Dumbo, Cinderella's Carousel (although some of those horses are getting kind of high to haul myself up on), Triceratop Spin, Goofy's Barnstormer. I think this is one big reason my family allows/encourages me to go solo sometimes-that way they're not embarrassed with me wanting to go on these rides! On my last solo trip I saw a woman who's my hero for the future. She must have been close to 90 yo., solo, and when the monorail we were on stopped at the Contemporary, she got up with her purchases, and briskly got off headed somewhere. All I could think of is "I bet she has a dinner PS at Chef Mickey's and can't wait to see Mickey." Someday I hope to be enjoying Disney as she appeared to!

I'm almost 42 with a 22 yr. old, married DS, 16 yr. old DD and 15 yr. old DS. They will all be with me for a Thanksgiving trip this year--(along with DIL) We can't wait! I've been thinking about my 25th wedding anniversary and that all of the kids (hopefully) will be out of the house. I'd like to plan a trip for DH and myself. When I think about having the freedom to go without worrying about school, exams, etc...I get even more excited. I don't think I'll ever outgrow WDW. I look forward to many adult only or solo trips and eventually taking my grandchildren.princess:

You can never be too old for WDW! Ever! I'm 38 and I've been at least 20+ times and I'll go 20+ more!

Thought I'd share a story with you. My partner and I were at the Land for Mickey's ice cream social. We were a little embarrassed since we didn't have any kids in tow but that soon went away. We loved it! Getting our pics taken with Pluto, Mickey, Chip & Dale. It was terrific!

I noticed at the booth next to us that the characters were paying an especially huge amount of time, playing and goofing off. I just assumed it must be a little baby, toddler or child. So I peered around, hoping to catch a glimpse of that absolute magical childlike glee on a little one's face. You know the look!

Nope! No kid there! It was an older woman celebrating her 90th birthday and Disney World was where she wanted to be!!!! She was petting the characters, hugging them with ferocity, smiling and having the time of her life! She was a bit frail but she insisted upon standing whenever another character came to her table.

And the characters loved it and treated her like a queen, helped her up, gently helped her back to her booth and played. It was one of the kindest, sweetest moments I have ever seen.

My partner and I chatted with the others at the table (her children and grandchildren --- all adults) and they were just filled to bursting with happiness!

So if she can do it, WE can do it! And don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Oh Oh......not giving my age -- but I don't think I will ever get tired of Disney. Have been DVC members since 1994 (Wow--- 10 years already!) and we love it more and more each year. We now visit at leat twice a year and sometimes 3 times. We are lovin it!!!!! We always go to the parks.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Rickinnyc that is a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm a 40 year old father of a 9 year old girl. I was the one who had to convince her to go to WDW. Well now she is hooked. She didn't remember her trip when she was 4 and we recently went this past August and lshe oved it. She is now one of us. LOL.

I think Disney is a place where Age disappears. There are so many ways to look at it and appreciate it. And don't forget that feeling you get at the end of a great day and you realize how happy you feel. It is my favoriate vacation destination and as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't mind if it was my only vacation destination. When I come back I feel so energized and full of life, it is something I can't explain. You are never too old for that kind of magic.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Mom's turning 85 this December and we asked her how she wants to celebrate, and she said at WDW!

DH is celebrating his 60th on this coming up Disney Cruise.

We enjoy WDW and yes, we go to character meals, and I wait in line for autographs for the postcards I send. Someday when our DGchildren are old enough to travel, we'll love to bring the little ones and their family, but we're not waiting for them to grow up to enjoy WDW!

Bobbi:D

Took my DH for the first time when he was 30. I didn't go until I was 15. My parents (both in their mid-70's) love it. So, we're starting my 2 year old early. She's been there twice already!

Wow, I was not expecting to get so many responses to this post...I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one loving Disney at this age, Rickinnyc, what a great story, I wonder if that was the same woman spotted on the Monarail by Simba's mom. Thank you all for reminding me that Disney is not only for the young but for the young at heart and no, I won't forget the way I feel at the end of the day at Disney. A Toast: Here's to loving Disney way past 80 years of age, Cheers. I guess it's not too late to buy into DVC.... :Pinkbounc

We are 58 & 59 and retired. We go 4 times a year. You are never too old for Disney.

Ahmmm, I am 56 and my hubby will be 59 by our next trip (Feb 05). In 1968 (I'll wait a minute for you to figure out how old I was at the time)...I left my home in Wichita, Kansas to go to Los Angeles, and told my parents I would be home "after I go to Disneyland." Once I got to LA, it still took me 3 years to get down to Anihem, but I finally got there. Unfortunately, I moved to northern California shortly thereafter, and didn't get back to DL. I ended up moving back to Wichita in 1980 to help care for my parents.

Part 2: 1988 - took my then husband and 6 year old daughter on our 1st trip to WDW. I fell MADLY in love, their reception was luke warm.

Part 3: 2000 - FINALLY talked my now husband (married in 1992) into a trip to WDW. We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at the California Grill, by a window, watching fireworks over MK. That was it, now he was hooked, too. Though he is not quite as enthusiastic as me. During every trip he says "well, this is the last time for WDW" and a few months after we get home its "are you planning our next trip yet?" We have celebrated several anniversaries there and done something different/unique on each trip. Loved our stay at AKL! We have taken a lot of the tours and we now 'slow down' to smell the roses, so to speak. There is so much to see and do, there is never enought time, though!

Part 4: On our 2003 trip, we met a couple even older than us (yes I said OLDER than us) on the cruise portion of vacation. They are from Iowa and travel a great deal. We have joined them on several vacations through their property ownership club (Fairfield). On our last trip they asked where I would like to go next. Let me see, I chose - WDW - and they are letting me do the trip planning. Though they have been traveling for years, neither of them have ever been to WDW so, this February we have the opportunity to introduce WDW to what will hopefully become a new set of 'senior' fans.

Conclusion: The older you get the better WDW is. After all, age is just a state of mind. And as long as my mind is in the state of Florida (Orlando in particular) I'll NEVER GROW UP - OR OLD!

PS: My daughter is now 22, married, and still rather concerned that her mom is such a Disney nut. I can't wait until the time when I can take her 1st child with me to WDW - maybe the magic just skipped a generation!

The answer to your question - NO! The first time I ever went to WDW, I was 21. I will never forget the first time I walked down Main Street USA and saw the castle- I actually started to cry. My then boyfriend thought I was nuts, but I was so overwhelmed and could not believe how beautiful everything really was. Fast forward a bit to age 26, and my second trip. I get onto Main Street once again and, you guessed it, I started to cry.
I came home and told my sister that she just had to come with me again in a couple of years, and she agreed (I will be closer to 30, she will be closer to 40). In all honestly, now that I am single again, when I start dating someone, they must be interested in Disney - if they aren't, how could they possibly understand how important it will be to celebrate our anniversaries and retirement there?

Jo

RickinNy - I have to tell you that the story you shared literature brought tears of happiness to my face because that's exactly how I picture my 90th birthday. Thank you for sharing - you always share the most wonderful stories.

Apparently not! No kids here at all, but I'm 48 and DH will be 50 in December--we've been to WDW 6 times in the last 12 months (at least our 3-night stay starting tomorrow will be the 6th time).

We both love the Disney experience and see lots of people older than us enjoying the heck out of the parks too. It helps that you can indulge in adult beverages at epcot :-).

Off to the Food and Wine Festival and to see Three DOg Night tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter